Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 429262" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's a very persuasive argument. I have to agree that it's stronger if it comes from Clark, and I quite like the idea of him giving the game away through his subconscious actions. I just wish it was via a means that doesn't involve physical clumsiness (I'm pretty certain I'll always roll my eyes whenever I watch that awkward stumble over the rug).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh, interesting. I've always just assumed he was repeating the American pronunciation, as British RP accents like Zod and Ursa's would usually pronounce it as "H<strong>y</strong>ooston". I've just re-watched the space scene, though, and I can hear exactly what you mean. The astronaut does say it more like Hewston. My best guess is that it's Terrence Stamp and Annie Ross (or possibly Sarah Douglas as I'm not clear which Ursa scenes are most heavily dubbed) saying how they <u><em>thought</em></u> Americans would say it and not quite getting it right (even though I've gone 40 years without noticing it).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 429262, member: 23"] That's a very persuasive argument. I have to agree that it's stronger if it comes from Clark, and I quite like the idea of him giving the game away through his subconscious actions. I just wish it was via a means that doesn't involve physical clumsiness (I'm pretty certain I'll always roll my eyes whenever I watch that awkward stumble over the rug). Oh, interesting. I've always just assumed he was repeating the American pronunciation, as British RP accents like Zod and Ursa's would usually pronounce it as "H[B]y[/B]ooston". I've just re-watched the space scene, though, and I can hear exactly what you mean. The astronaut does say it more like Hewston. My best guess is that it's Terrence Stamp and Annie Ross (or possibly Sarah Douglas as I'm not clear which Ursa scenes are most heavily dubbed) saying how they [U][I]thought[/I][/U] Americans would say it and not quite getting it right (even though I've gone 40 years without noticing it). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top