Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 434033" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>To me it almost looks farcical, which is what makes it work, I think.</p><p>Robert Altman was an American filmmaker but <em>Images</em> was obviously meant to be a British thriller. He didn't <em>quite</em> get that special kind of tongue-in-cheek venom that I've only seen in British films, but he came very close.</p><p>I don't mean to bad-mouth Susannah York as a writer, but I found her unicorn monologues a bit irritating sometimes. It doesn't distract and perhaps it even enhances the autumnal fairy tale vibes of this film, but in a strange way it made me enjoy the character's predicament.</p><p></p><p>Surprisingly, the blood on the kitchen floor turns out to be the real thing, and I found it peculiar that the bottle Heinz ketchup was the <em>only </em> item on the kitchen table.</p><p></p><p>Oh, he was terrific. I recognised him but his name doesn't ring a bell.</p><p></p><p>Daaaahrathy, darling.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 434033, member: 8"] To me it almost looks farcical, which is what makes it work, I think. Robert Altman was an American filmmaker but [I]Images[/I] was obviously meant to be a British thriller. He didn't [I]quite[/I] get that special kind of tongue-in-cheek venom that I've only seen in British films, but he came very close. I don't mean to bad-mouth Susannah York as a writer, but I found her unicorn monologues a bit irritating sometimes. It doesn't distract and perhaps it even enhances the autumnal fairy tale vibes of this film, but in a strange way it made me enjoy the character's predicament. Surprisingly, the blood on the kitchen floor turns out to be the real thing, and I found it peculiar that the bottle Heinz ketchup was the [I]only [/I] item on the kitchen table. Oh, he was terrific. I recognised him but his name doesn't ring a bell. Daaaahrathy, darling. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top