Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 434715" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Coherence (2013)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]58183[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>The first (and only) time I heard about this film was in a kermode&mayo review on youtube. It seemed like a story I would enjoy but somehow I forgot all about it.</p><p>Today, completely out of the blue, I thought about that review but couldn't remember the title. I gave our A.I. friend at Google the premise of the story (or what I believed it was) and he came up with a few suggestions. <em>Coherence</em> was the only title I didn't recognise and so I figured it had to be it.</p><p>Neither prime nor dutchflix had it but luckily I found it on you-know-where (has algorithm already figured out what "you-know-where" means? maybe it's time to create a different code name).</p><p>Anyway! For heaven's sake.</p><p></p><p>Coherence is mindf**k movie in the style of <em>Triangle</em> (2009) and it has something to do with a comet which makes it more science fiction. Incidentally, I had forgotten about the comet part.</p><p>It's like watching <em>Blair Witch Project</em> or <em>Paranormal Activity </em>for the first time, and especially the first half of the film when they are still trying to figure "what's going on" almost made me hyperventilate with anxiety.</p><p>No monsters, blood, gore or jump-scares - just a bunch of people in a dining room and it's absolutely terrifying. Just like that other low-budget indie horror film <em>In Fear</em> released that same year (I want to see it again!).</p><p>The actors are very convincing and it helps that nobody stops acting even if their performances aren't centre stage. It needs to be relentlessly lively.</p><p>I'm so worked up that I expect a loud and scary bang on the door or something like that.</p><p>This is one of those love-it-or-hate-it films therefore I'm not* sure if I should recommend it.</p><p></p><p><span style="font-size: 12px">*not</span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 434715, member: 8"] Coherence (2013) [ATTACH type="full" alt="1767489493052.png"]58183[/ATTACH] The first (and only) time I heard about this film was in a kermode&mayo review on youtube. It seemed like a story I would enjoy but somehow I forgot all about it. Today, completely out of the blue, I thought about that review but couldn't remember the title. I gave our A.I. friend at Google the premise of the story (or what I believed it was) and he came up with a few suggestions. [I]Coherence[/I] was the only title I didn't recognise and so I figured it had to be it. Neither prime nor dutchflix had it but luckily I found it on you-know-where (has algorithm already figured out what "you-know-where" means? maybe it's time to create a different code name). Anyway! For heaven's sake. Coherence is mindf**k movie in the style of [I]Triangle[/I] (2009) and it has something to do with a comet which makes it more science fiction. Incidentally, I had forgotten about the comet part. It's like watching [I]Blair Witch Project[/I] or [I]Paranormal Activity [/I]for the first time, and especially the first half of the film when they are still trying to figure "what's going on" almost made me hyperventilate with anxiety. No monsters, blood, gore or jump-scares - just a bunch of people in a dining room and it's absolutely terrifying. Just like that other low-budget indie horror film [I]In Fear[/I] released that same year (I want to see it again!). The actors are very convincing and it helps that nobody stops acting even if their performances aren't centre stage. It needs to be relentlessly lively. I'm so worked up that I expect a loud and scary bang on the door or something like that. This is one of those love-it-or-hate-it films therefore I'm not* sure if I should recommend it. [SIZE=3]*not[/SIZE] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top