Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 435527" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>Some Sixties British films can be like that. For some reason your description immediately made me think of <em>The Knack... And How To Get It</em>, which I watched last summer. It had it's moments, but it also ticked the whimsical and repetitive boxes (though about the only thing I remember is that endless scene where Rita Tushingham's character runs round whimsically MeToo-ing various men with false rape accusations).</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>I think I may need to check out some young Tom Courtenay. I think my experience of his filmography begins somewhere around 1991 with <em>Let Him Have It. </em>And I only watched <u>that</u> for the first time last year. Prior to that I'd really only seen his 21st Century films.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Oh nice. For what it's worth, I loved watching it for the first time (also last year, so that's me being repetitive).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 435527, member: 23"] Some Sixties British films can be like that. For some reason your description immediately made me think of [I]The Knack... And How To Get It[/I], which I watched last summer. It had it's moments, but it also ticked the whimsical and repetitive boxes (though about the only thing I remember is that endless scene where Rita Tushingham's character runs round whimsically MeToo-ing various men with false rape accusations). I think I may need to check out some young Tom Courtenay. I think my experience of his filmography begins somewhere around 1991 with [I]Let Him Have It. [/I]And I only watched [U]that[/U] for the first time last year. Prior to that I'd really only seen his 21st Century films. Oh nice. For what it's worth, I loved watching it for the first time (also last year, so that's me being repetitive). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top