Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 435599" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I think it's partially due to the fact that this is a show-don't-tell film.</p><p>In a confrontation between father and son, Billy doesn't reply to the scolding with words but with dance moves. Maybe there's some reading between the lines here, for example the legacy of the absent mother that is only touched upon but still had an impact on the outcome of the story (I think).</p><p>I see the film as sort of a whirlwind which seems rather on topic for a story about dancing.</p><p></p><p>Funny you should mention Brookside because my last soapy experience with 1980s strikes happened in Sons & Daughters, a situation that affected the Palmers and Gordon Hamilton.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 435599, member: 8"] I think it's partially due to the fact that this is a show-don't-tell film. In a confrontation between father and son, Billy doesn't reply to the scolding with words but with dance moves. Maybe there's some reading between the lines here, for example the legacy of the absent mother that is only touched upon but still had an impact on the outcome of the story (I think). I see the film as sort of a whirlwind which seems rather on topic for a story about dancing. Funny you should mention Brookside because my last soapy experience with 1980s strikes happened in Sons & Daughters, a situation that affected the Palmers and Gordon Hamilton. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top