Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Werewillie Oleson" data-source="post: 436829" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>Le Corbeau (1943)</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]58502[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Gosh, this poison-pen letters mystery looks surprisingly decadent for a film made in 1943.</p><p>There's plenty of relatively obscene language in this story about sexual desires, adultery, abortion, drugs - even sex with a 14 y/o girl is considered a possibility. It's <em>Peyton Place </em>on steroids.</p><p></p><p>The reviews on IMDB read "dark, suspenseful, chilling, noir" but personally I didn't see much of that.</p><p>All the whimsical and very bitchy humour made it impossible for me to take any of it too seriously, but I enjoyed it very much for what it was.</p><p>The non-stop dictation test was hilarious.</p><p><em>Le Corbeau </em>is energetic, sharp and sometimes brutal, and in fact a dark comedy that could be made today. All they'd have to do is to update the dialogue a little bit.</p><p>I haven't seen <em>Wicked Little Letters </em> so I don't know how it compares.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Werewillie Oleson, post: 436829, member: 8"] Le Corbeau (1943) [ATTACH type="full"]58502[/ATTACH] Gosh, this poison-pen letters mystery looks surprisingly decadent for a film made in 1943. There's plenty of relatively obscene language in this story about sexual desires, adultery, abortion, drugs - even sex with a 14 y/o girl is considered a possibility. It's [I]Peyton Place [/I]on steroids. The reviews on IMDB read "dark, suspenseful, chilling, noir" but personally I didn't see much of that. All the whimsical and very bitchy humour made it impossible for me to take any of it too seriously, but I enjoyed it very much for what it was. The non-stop dictation test was hilarious. [I]Le Corbeau [/I]is energetic, sharp and sometimes brutal, and in fact a dark comedy that could be made today. All they'd have to do is to update the dialogue a little bit. I haven't seen [I]Wicked Little Letters [/I] so I don't know how it compares. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Entertainment
Movies
What was the last film you watched?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top