Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dynasty
Dynasty
Why has Grey's Anatomy succeeded where 80s soaps failed?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Gatsbyesque" data-source="post: 72675" data-attributes="member: 122"><p>I stopped watching Grey's years ago, and so did most people that I know. Yet, somehow, it still apparently manages to pull decent ratings.</p><p></p><p>I think the primary reasons that Grey's has hung on for so long, and will indefinitely, is because of the power of Shonda Rhimes in presenting both Scandal, and HTGAWM, respectively. If those two shows didn't exist, Grey's would have been gone by now. She has successfully used their respective peaks to leverage more time for Grey's than, I believe, it otherwise would've had. TGIT, baby.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Gatsbyesque, post: 72675, member: 122"] I stopped watching Grey's years ago, and so did most people that I know. Yet, somehow, it still apparently manages to pull decent ratings. I think the primary reasons that Grey's has hung on for so long, and will indefinitely, is because of the power of Shonda Rhimes in presenting both Scandal, and HTGAWM, respectively. If those two shows didn't exist, Grey's would have been gone by now. She has successfully used their respective peaks to leverage more time for Grey's than, I believe, it otherwise would've had. TGIT, baby. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
Dynasty
Why has Grey's Anatomy succeeded where 80s soaps failed?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top