nuDynasty Spoilers All Casting News And Spoilers For S5

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once again the blame is to be but on the writing team. Within 2 weeks Cristal #2 became the love of Blake's lifetime as if Cristal #1 have never existed. It's comic book writing. Spoof. Zero psychology. Zero continuity. Zero direction. Zero nothing. It's not character driven. It's not even plot driven. It's blind driven.
They wasted three actresses ( and I bet Michael Michelle will be the next one) They may cast Cristal # 5 and Alexis #8, they'll end up being some empty puppets with zero coherence.

Frankly let's give Liz Gillies both parts: Cristal and Alexis. It can't be more crappy. At least she'll be given the opportunity to improve her impersonating talent.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My my, what a mess ! If they continue that way, the executives will do worse than the original show with the recast of all the Carringtons' children !!

Frankly let's give Liz Gillies both parts: Cristal and Alexis. It can't be more crappy. At least she'll be given the opportunity to improve her impersonating talent.
Maybe she could play Cristal#3 too ?

Last edited:

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My my, what a mess ! If they continue that way, the executives will do worse than the original show with the recast of all the Carringtons' children !!

Maybe she could play Cristal#3 too ?
And Dominique #2 and TransBenCarrington #1 and Bo's illegitimate sister #1 etc. etc.:p:confused::spinning:

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Dominique #2 and TransBenCarrington #1 and Bo's illegitimate sister #1 etc. etc.:p:confused::spinning:

Hey! Bo can't be recasted.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
What the hell is this or is it just a poorly-written article?

"CW has also confirmed the released date of Dynasty season three, the third season will premiere on Oct. 11, 2019. Elizabeth Gillies, who has replaced Nicolette Sheridan in the series, will again appear as Fallon Carrington. However, Dynasty season three, for Netflix in the UK, has not yet revealed the plot or teaser.

The series cast new actors in the replacement of – Cristal Flores (Ana Brenda Contreras) and Steven Carrington (James Mackay) before the filming began. The other cast perhaps was the same from season 2.

The time has arrived to watch the fate of Adam Huber. Moreover, season 3 will perhaps demonstrate about Blake and Crystal Jennings’ wedding and the two dead bodies found in the Carrington lake."

https://dankanator.com/23895/cw-begins-filming-for-riverdale-season-4-and-dynasty-season-3/

I just don't understand how someone can muck up something so easy as Dynasty. Even if you deviate from storylines, there's already a built-in template for the show and a built-in audience. :rip:

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What the hell is this or is it just a poorly-written article?

"CW has also confirmed the released date of Dynasty season three, the third season will premiere on Oct. 11, 2019. Elizabeth Gillies, who has replaced Nicolette Sheridan in the series, will again appear as Fallon Carrington. However, Dynasty season three, for Netflix in the UK, has not yet revealed the plot or teaser.

The series cast new actors in the replacement of – Cristal Flores (Ana Brenda Contreras) and Steven Carrington (James Mackay) before the filming began. The other cast perhaps was the same from season 2.

The time has arrived to watch the fate of Adam Huber. Moreover, season 3 will perhaps demonstrate about Blake and Crystal Jennings’ wedding and the two dead bodies found in the Carrington lake."

https://dankanator.com/23895/cw-begins-filming-for-riverdale-season-4-and-dynasty-season-3/

I just don't understand how someone can muck up something so easy as Dynasty. Even if you deviate from storylines, there's already a built-in template for the show and a built-in audience. :rip:

I clicked on the link, I regret doing so. Dankanator reads like something that was butchered in Google Translator. It also contains contradictions: in one paragraph it says Contreras and Mackay have been replaced by other actors, a few paragraphs later it says Mackay might return.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once again the blame is to be but on the writing team. Within 2 weeks Cristal #2 became the love of Blake's lifetime as if Cristal #1 have never existed. It's comic book writing. Spoof. Zero psychology. Zero continuity. Zero direction. Zero nothing. It's not character driven. It's not even plot driven. It's blind driven.
They wasted three actresses ( and I bet Michael Michelle will be the next one) They may cast Cristal # 5 and Alexis #8, they'll end up being some empty puppets with zero coherence.

And yet the very people producing this remain relevant within the industry...go figure.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
let's give Liz Gillies both parts
I'd suggest allow Liz to play all parts. I understand Liz has many fans but this reboot has become the Fallon Carrington show. There are a few scenes across the spectrum of both seasons I've liked with Fallon/Liz but on the whole I've never liked the character or actress from the get go. She is meant to represent a modern, young woman grappling the business world. In most cases a scene is simply created to give the character an opportunity to offer one of her witty, smart-arse put downs.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I suggets to turn it into an adult version of "Sesame Street" with sock puppets. At least the audiences would understand it when the writers dedicate a scene to "before" and "after" (both Alexises), or "up" and "down" (insert sex joke here...).

"Traffic is a b*tch! I´m NuNuAlexis!"​

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow, another new Cristal! This is getting ridiculous. They might as well just have a new one every season if the show keeps going. Is all this recasting some weird homage to the original? Or can they just not seem to cast these major roles right in the first place? Obviously it's the latter. Anyway, this show is so all over the place. The writing, the casting, everything!

She is pretty though.

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's just so outlandish I'm numb to it lol. And notice they say Ana is leaving for personal reasons which is what they said for Nicollette. Will we really have a new Cristal AND a new Alexis to come? So many changes!

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess they won't bother to explain anything this time, just like did RealDynasty... First the plastic surgery ( Steven) and next ( Fallon, Amanda) nothing... :)

But I must say I find this future ex new real Cristal more similar to the previous first but fake Cristal than to the last real but axed Cristal... :think: I mean she looks like Natalie Kelley, who is credited for the first episode... Are they cooking some sort of twisted twist to jump the shark still higher... ? :think:

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking about the same thing : Daniella Alonso looks like Natalie Kelley with longer hair. Maybe she should play Celia rather than Cristal. How well, why should I bother about this when the producers don't ? :confused:

nostalgicstudent

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Maybe we'll learn that Cristal chickened out on marrying Blake once the corpses were found. Meanwhile in a hospital miles away a doctor removes bandages from his patient, as he hands her a mirror he says "I think you'll be very pleased, Ms. Machado".
This would make a lot more sense, she resembles Celia much closer and also this actress doenst have an accent as shes American so i mean Cristals heavy accent suddenly being gone is a bit illogical

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I doubt Dynasty would care about an accent. Fallon and Amanda say hello lol. Honestly I hope it's just a straight up recast. If you're going for daytime soap then just go all in.

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe we'll learn that Cristal chickened out on marrying Blake once the corpses were found. Meanwhile in a hospital miles away a doctor removes bandages from his patient, as he hands her a mirror he says "I think you'll be very pleased, Ms. Machado".

And later it would be revealed that this patient is really Alexis stealing Celia' s identity to regain Blake's love... That would make a real Alexis faking a fake Cristal and a real Celia :spinning:

Last edited: