Emmerdale Classic Emmerdale

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kim’s departure was better than brilliant. Not only do we get a great feeling that she is free and somewhat loaded, we get some amazing scenes of the village by air. I also love the reaction from the villagers at an helicopter flying low above them.

Corrie was so much weaker with its exits from Hilda, to Bet, to Reg, to Mavis, to Maureen and Raquel.

Kim’s exit is iconic, a shame she never returned earlier, I heard that they wanted to bring her back in the mid 2000s, around the time The King family arrived, Kim would have eaten Sadie for breakfast in my opinion

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did they ever revisit this story?

When she returned in 2018, was it mentioned then?

I don’t think so, in fact nothing of her whereabouts from 1999 to 2018 has ever been revealed, only that she was in prison at some point in the 2010s, this may have been related to her part in her scheme with Steve Marchant in 1998-99

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've really enjoyed Butch this time around and his obsession with Mandy, though having him disapprove of Zak begging felt very much out of character.

I won't be missing Will Cairns, but I'm sad to see Ned leave.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They skipped an episode. Idiots! They did the same with Classic Corrie too.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They skipped an episode. Idiots! They did the same with Classic Corrie too.

For some reason the episodes that would have aired on Monday were shown in the repeat slot on Tuesday morning, so four "new" episodes aired yesterday. They had never done this on previous Bank Holidays.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
For some reason the episodes that would have aired on Monday were shown in the repeat slot on Tuesday morning, so four "new" episodes aired yesterday. They had never done this on previous Bank Holidays.
Thank you for this. I was confused yesterday and went into my deleted files to see if I had sent them there. I didn't think of looking at the morning episodes, I'm going to see if they are still available. I wanted to see Zak con those tourists and I wanted to see Roy meeting Hayley for the first time in Corrie.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Something keeps niggling away at me with Chris Tate. Why doesn't he treat himself to an electric wheelchair?

I forgot how exciting Graham and Rachel's story was. It's great watching Rachel stop him in his tracks and yet equally great that he takes no notice of her.

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Something keeps niggling away at me with Chris Tate. Why doesn't he treat himself to an electric wheelchair?

I forgot how exciting Graham and Rachel's story was. It's great watching Rachel stop him in his tracks and yet equally great that he takes no notice of her.

The Rachel/Graham storyline was so good, I only dislike it a bit because it killed off one of the best characters in Emmerdale history which is Rachel Hughes, there’s definitely an empty void after she’s gone a sense of old Emmerdale was going by the way side

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've been meaning to say this since Bernice first entered Emmerdale. Have they or is Samantha Giles influenced by the character Beverly Moss from ABIGAIL'S PARTY?

Not that I'm complaining, I love her and she constantly reminds me of Beverly's voice.

I also love Emily Wylie, the actors playing Emily and Butch are top class.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The episode that focused on that special day (I can't remember what the day was called) where it ended with the tent collapsing was brilliant.

Though I am struggling a little when I see Seth & Betty on screen because the actors are no longer with us. I don't get it as much with Alan or Jack and I don't know why that is.

I also feel sad when I watch Deirdre, Jack, Vera, and Alec but not so much with Alf & Betty, over on Classic Corrie

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
F6D0FF25-B3CF-4C28-95AF-3816C7BFD510.jpeg

Corrie’s Fiz turning up on the camping trip surprised me.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
With Rodney arriving in the village I know we are getting closer to Nicola turning up.

I wasn’t expecting to see her turn up in Corrie as Maxine’s mate.

015A329F-3FA5-4C4C-95D3-43D195D1F60C.jpeg

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
While I am here and before I forget again, I want to say what a wonderful trio of classic Dale characters in Edna, Betty and Gloria.

While at the same time Cathy has suddenly turned in one of those annoying characters.

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While I am here and before I forget again, I want to say what a wonderful trio of classic Dale characters in Edna, Betty and Gloria.

While at the same time Cathy has suddenly turned in one of those annoying characters.

Cathy did become annoyingly holier than thou by around 1998/99, she was way past her sell by date by then, personally I think she should have been written out by 1996/97

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jo Kendall has passed away. I also remember her from I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Againand she was in I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue when it began.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
One of my all time favourite stories is airing now with Charity accused of killing Chris Tate, probably one of the best soap exits for an iconic character.