Dallas - press topic

Billy Nolan

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure if there is already such a topic, but maybe a thread with press coverage could be brought to Dallas? I have a few reports that I could scan if I got the chance. Unfortunately I don't know how to get the pictures bigger. I add them as attachments ...

Dallas.jpg
Dallas 2.jpg
Dallas 3.jpg

Dallas 1.jpg

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Back then, our family car was a beautiful white Mercedes. I found a German product booklet from Mercedes from 1983 - and there were a few pages in it about how the Mercedes model is marketed in Hollywood productions. A section also reported on the representation of the Mercedes in the 4 great soaps of the time: Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest and Dynasty. I scanned the passages about Dallas for you ...

Dallas 8.jpg
Dallas 10.jpg
Dallas 11.jpg
Dallas9.jpg

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I got that Time issue and the later Bild & Funk issue, too, but it's not looking as good as yours. And of course TV Serien Hits: this was such a great magazine, at least in the early years.

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. I still have some of the old TV-Serien magazines... Do you also have some older TV-Guides?

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Sadly not, just some of the late 80's, but not as much as you have posted. This Bild & Funk cover from 1987 is totally new to me. That Time issue I bought on ebay a few years ago. I remember you discovered KL when it was repeated - how come you got so many magazine stuff from German first runs?

I still remember that jingle: T-V-Se-ri-en-hiiiiiiits!

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sadly not, just some of the late 80's, but not as much as you have posted. This Bild & Funk cover from 1987 is totally new to me. That Time issue I bought on ebay a few years ago. I remember you discovered KL when it was repeated - how come you got so many magazine stuff from German first runs?

I still remember that jingle: T-V-Se-ri-en-hiiiiiiits!
oh The TV serien magazine had its own jingle? I did not know that.
I know a former editor who worked for Gong-Verlag very well. The Gong-Verlag published the TV serien booklet back then ... I'll write you a PM.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I can´t write a pm to you. :(
Strange, I'm not so familiar with this forum to know why it's not possible... But you already answered my question. I just thought you might have also bought old magazines on ebay. I wish I would have collected all that stuff when I was a child, but with soaps being so big back then I doubt my parents would have allowed me to buy all those magazines anyway.

Billy Nolan

LV

Reaction score
Awards
yes - and I got a lot of that old magazines as a present from someone who collected everything about Dynasty in the late 80s / early 90s.