Dark Shadows has arrived!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If you think too deeply about what you're seeing, it'll ruin everything. Such as just how that headless body is just lying around without the benefit of refrigeration. I mean, we're told that the various parts came from the recently-deceased in the area, so the parts would already have been....less than ideal. Now Dr. Lang can't even be bothered to slip Headless Harry into the crisper in his fridge? And how is HH supposed to shop for his own Ohrbach's wardrobe if all his measurements come from different people? I mean, one shoe might be a 10.5 medium and the other, 12 EE. Is that any way to live???

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well thank the lord for that. Barn was raised rich so he has no concept of how to keep house. There's literally months of dusting needing to be done at The Old House, and do you think those dishes wash themselves? Julia said if he tried to get her to do any of that so-called 'woman's work' she'd cut him, and of course she meant it.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
one of the funniest things that i loved about behind the scenes was before Frid started on the show and they still had the old house in cob webs a janitor came in not knowing it was meant to be like that and cleaned it all up! they had to make it look dirty again that just makes me laugh that's all. as for the show if Loomis is back than the play that Karlen did back than must have ended since they would take breaks from the show to do plays. where are you on the show anyways? i just started watching it again off and on that is i watched episode #307 the one where Vicki tells Burke she's gonna break up with him if he doesn't stop investigating Barnabas. that would be Disc #2 on Volume 3 of the DVD set.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
I would like to see a Dark Shadows movie that it true to its origins with the right tone, and not the badly scripted, messy comedy that Tim Burton put forward

Last edited:

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the thing is i didn't see that when it 1st came out but a few years later and since by than i knew it was a comedy and it wasn't a serious film i liked it better than i thought i would. however what really pisses me the f.. off is that Burton who loves the show and watched it back than as a kid on purpose i remember reading at the time made a comedy to make fun of the show if my memory is right. but another thing that pisses me off is that a few years ago before covid hit they were going to a show that continued on after the Original show i would have loved that but the CW which is what channel it was gonna be on passed on it. i think it was taken to other channels as well even Netflix i think? but nobody wanted to do it my question is uh why?

i do agree though they should make another DS film and have it be more true to the show however they don't need to make it with a cliff-hanger ending. i'd be great if they continued from the (2012) film however before i get pies thrown at me i was gonna add if they do that take out the comedy.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is infuriating, my whole evening has been ruined. Maybe my whole week or whole month.
I'll take a long break from tellytalk because I'm not in the mood for fun and I don't want to talk about anything anymore. Not until I get my soap back.
It's a nightmare, oh please let it be a nightmare. Wake up willie there really is a next episode. No no no this can't be happening!!

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess there's always ye olde fashioned DVD:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And of course several of the free streaming services have some version of a "DS Channel", though I am not current on their availability overseas. Off the top of my head (w/o benefit of looking it up) I think Tubi and Roku have DS Channels. Pluto had one but later folded the series into a collection of several series on a "Classic Dramas" channel or something similar.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll take a long break from tellytalk because I'm not in the mood for fun and I don't want to talk about anything anymore. Not until I get my soap back
I'm already back with my tail between my legs and I'm feeling a little guilty about this hysterical display of emotional blackmail, but in that moment it wasn't enough to feel sorry for myself.

I guess there's always ye olde fashioned DVD:
I had entertained the possibility of owning the complete box set before, so naturally I rushed to amazon to see if it's still available.
It is, and it's not the price that holds me back but the box set itself, ironically. I've seen the unboxing videos on youtube and it's massive and heavy.
However, it just so happens that I've rearranged my DVD shelves a few weeks ago and I ended up with a half-empty shelf for "possible/unexpected new purchases".
I can almost hear Angelique's taunting and victorious laughter coming from that very spot.
And of course several of the free streaming services have some version of a "DS Channel", though I am not current on their availability overseas
Several of the popular streaming services are not available in the Netherlands, and the content of the big ones like Netflix and Prime is only a fraction of their American counterparts. Therfore streaming Dark Shadows is not an option - besides, paying per episode doesn't make it much cheaper (if not more expensive) than the DVDs.

There is some ironic overlapping between DYNASTY's and DARK SHADOWS' The Missing Adam episodes, but what makes it all the more painful is that one of the last scenes I've watched on youtube is also one of the best DS moments: Barnabas and Julia being chased by angry Adam. There's nothing funnier than watching actors "running" in a tiny little wobbly set.
I guess it's not impossible to watch the rest of the series and just ignore the 250+ missing episodes, but that's not how I watch soaps (or any series).
DALLAS' dream season, yes, but I have already watched that twice so that's a matter of selective re-watching.
One way or another I need to find a way to continue with DS a.k.a. The Grayson Hall Show. And I will, but probably not this week.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If the episode numbers line up, this is the (rather loose) description of what occurs in episode 493 from my all-time favorite DS site you might already know about:
Episode 493: Revenge of the Baby-Sat | Dark Shadows Every Day
It will at least resolve whatever immediate questions you have as to what happened next, and it's a witty, thoughtful read from someone who agrees with you about The Grayson Hall Show.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So I guess Willie Loomis does serve a purpose after all.
I found a few eps on dailymotion that will get me a little further. It's not the most user-friendly site but it will give me some time to plot my next move (how very Angelique of me).
Oh look, a lighter, maybe it works. "You will come to me, DS, yes you....will come to me aaaaand....you won't be able to resist the power of the flame".