EastEnders EastEnders

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last night’s episode was brilliant with Suki and Nish. The ending where Suki was about to give it all up was off the chart.
OMG you read my mind! Was about to post about this.

It really was a brilliant episode. Those two are so good. And how it all came out about that bloke he killed and it was his wife Suki had eyes for, Wow!

I've already seen tonight's episode (not giving anything away)
Another Cracker!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's been an excellent week of episodes for this soap.

I'm hoping Nish doesn't die because he's a great character. played brilliantly by Navin Chowdhry.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
On X, a few journalists are teasing that there’s big EE news coming at 10pm. Odd night for a press release but I’m presuming it’s because it’ll be in tomorrow’s newspapers. I’m guessing it’s a return.

Whovian

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
On X, a few journalists are teasing that there’s big EE news coming at 10pm. Odd night for a press release but I’m presuming it’s because it’ll be in tomorrow’s newspapers. I’m guessing it’s a return.

It's a short-term return for Bianca as part of Whitney's story-line. Not that exciting.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know what the situation is with Sharon / Letitia Dean? They built up this whole “The Six” plot but I see that Sharon has only been on screen about twice since Christmas Day and has since hotfooted it to Australia. I was thinking she might have time off to do panto but given how far ahead they film, that shouldn’t really effect her screen time until next month or so.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know what the situation is with Sharon / Letitia Dean? They built up this whole “The Six” plot but I see that Sharon has only been on screen about twice since Christmas Day and has since hotfooted it to Australia. I was thinking she might have time off to do panto but given how far ahead they film, that shouldn’t really effect her screen time until next month or so.
I'm not sure but they quite often disappear for holidays/time off.

Loving this storyline and how it still lingers and new twists are cropping up.

It's odd that the 5 of them are left to deal with it for now but then Sharon was going to marry Keanu so her wanting to escape from all the drama seems plausible.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Suki' s brilliant reference to Kat this week,
"Kat's one big leopard print crash"

Naughty Nish was so compelling this week.
Not sure about him and Kat being together, but it's different I suppose.

Love it when "five" of "the six" have to keep meeting up. Exciting times on the Square at the moment.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know what the situation is with Sharon / Letitia Dean? They built up this whole “The Six” plot but I see that Sharon has only been on screen about twice since Christmas Day and has since hotfooted it to Australia.
I need to email immigration. I don't want that trash in Australia thank you. We have standards.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I see Johnny Carter’s gotten the “Nick Tilsley treatment” and returned with a new head (his third since arriving in Walford) looking considerably older and taller than his last two portrayers.

FinalFlesh

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Five Easy Pieces
I'd like to start watching EE or Brookside. I'm leaning more towards EE. I could just start watching current episodes, but I'd love some suggestions if anyone has an opinion on what episodes/years/story arcs I should be watching - other than just ALL OF IT. I'll probably start at the start, but it would be worth knowing what might be skippable.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I see Johnny Carter’s gotten the “Nick Tilsley treatment” and returned with a new head (his third since arriving in Walford) looking considerably older and taller than his last two portrayers.

I really like New New Johnny. He's got some of the same puppy dog vulnerability as Johnny and New Johnny, but without being a complete wet fish the way New Johnny was, and there's an added edginess about him as well which is very intriguing.

I'd like to start watching EE or Brookside. I'm leaning more towards EE. I could just start watching current episodes, but I'd love some suggestions if anyone has an opinion on what episodes/years/story arcs I should be watching - other than just ALL OF IT. I'll probably start at the start, but it would be worth knowing what might be skippable.

It's very hard to say. I re-watched the whole of Enders a while ago and the only time my attention really started to waiver was around 2002, and it wasn't until 2006 that it got totally brilliant again, but even within that 2002-2005 period you've got really exciting stuff like the Return of Dirty Den and the Fall of Pauline Fowler. Plus. it was also the peak era for Jim Branning, one of my all-time favourite characters. Although technically I'm still on that same re-watch as I'm still re-watching episodes from last year, I've also started re-re-watching it from the start again. I'm about four and a half years in and it's just great. (Surprisingly fast-moving too: October '89 and there's only nine of the original characters left.)

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To my knowledge, Brookside is the one that is more freely available in its complete form, as in full episodes from the beginning on STV Player and elsewhere. On the other hand, there appears to be more EE edits available of certain storylines and character’s arcs from over the years. I watched a David Wicks one a while ago and was happy enough with the way it was structured as it included a lot of classic characters like Pat, Cindy, Carol and Frank and it didn’t just feel like random scenes cobbled together. As @James from London mentioned, you’re probably safe enough with EE up until the early 00’s and then things get a patchy. Even with Den’s return, I’d find an edit of that rather than having to sit through full episodes that include characters like Mickey and the Ferreira’s sat in the pub talking nonsense.
I really like New New Johnny. He's got some of the same puppy dog vulnerability as Johnny and New Johnny, but without being a complete wet fish the way New Johnny was, and there's an added edginess about him as well which is very intriguing.
I’m dipping in and out of EE a bit at the moment to see what’s going on with the Six and I have to say, I really like him too. As you say, there’s more of an edge to him than there was with New Johnny.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watched a David Wicks one a while ago and was happy enough with the way it was structured as it included a lot of classic characters like Pat, Cindy, Carol and Frank and it didn’t just feel like random scenes cobbled together.
David Wicks, what a character. It was during his original stint that I first fully fell in love with Enders. I've come to appreciate the '80s era far more in retrospect. At the time, I was totally into Brookside and thought Enders was just a pale imitation, which is silly really as they were about as different as two self-consciously gritty twice-weekly soaps about the working class can be.
Mickey and the Ferreira’s sat in the pub talking nonsense.
Ah, bless Mickey.

FinalFlesh

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Five Easy Pieces
Thanks for responding. I've loved reading posts from both of you in the past. In fact, I blame @James from London for getting me hooked on this stuff when I was still a teenager in the very late 00s/early 10s. I watched Twin Peaks, wondered "what's next?", and found this place and your thoughtful and sharp episode reviews of the 80s nighttime soaps. I've been lurking here on and off ever since and have consumed most(?) nighttime soap operas.

The kind of Jimmy McGovern quality I'd imagine Brookside has does make me want to check it out. On the other hand I want the push-and-pull of art and trash that I suspect EE has, and which made Knots so absorbing.