End credit freeze frames

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm guessing it was JR as he was the most prominent character and in all 357 episodes.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Here is the video I made about the freeze-frames back in the day. Now I´m speaking by memory but I did a recount then and JR was at the top (as always!), followed by Pam and Sue Ellen (crying most of the time), and Bobby and Miss Ellie. There were frames shared by two or more characters, and others with doors, wide shots or fades into black before the producers´ titles (the one from "Peter´s Principles" comes to mind).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Its Larry Hagman - i had saved every epiosde freeze frame on my old computer but thats defunct now

There are a lot of freeze-frames of Larry in this little tribute video:

Billy Wall

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A better question would be who had the most freeze frames other than JR?

Speaking of freeze frames, Alfred (the bow tying wearing brother of the woman who brought down Ewing Oil) had the freeze frame in his first appearance S10 E22.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As well as the more iconic freeze frames, one of my favourites is from 'Sue Ellen's choice". It freezes on Sue Ellen's tear streaked face after she told Dusty she couldn't leave her baby even for him.

This was the second time Sue Ellen had tried to leave for a happier life and the second time she was forced back to Southfork.

Amazing scene (and episode) between JR and his wife (for me anyway). The look on both their faces at the end revealed so much about their ongoing turbulent relationship.

20240415_132927.jpg

I hope this doesn't go on multiple times (although multiple Sue Ellen is great) I'm sill having issues with posting.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You mean this one? It was sad yeah, even though it ended up being part of the dream. :(

View attachment 52418
Yes, that’s the one. I know it gets a lot of grief for who’s missing in that scene but it remains my favorite freeze frame of original Dallas. Maybe I’m just partial to it because it’s also my favorite episode. If the show would’ve ended right there I would’ve been okay with it.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
JR was never shot. He acted as though he had been to draw out the shooter. Multiple re-watches clearly show no bullet holes in his attire or blood oozing from his upper torso.
Not sure there would be blood running through the devil's veins!
The drawing around his body was just as funny, although that hadn't really improved in the TNT Dallas.

Didn't JR have something rare with his blood?
I know he was the same blood type as Cliff Barnes. Cliff could have donated blood if JR needed a transfusion.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Not sure there would be blood running through the devil's veins!
The drawing around his body was just as funny, although that hadn't really improved in the TNT Dallas.

Didn't JR have something rare with his blood?
I know he was the same blood type as Cliff Barnes. Cliff could have donated blood if JR needed a transfusion.

Hell would've had to freeze over before Cliff would donate blood for JR.

There's no way he would've donated it willingly. :)