Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding diagnosed with cancer

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding has been diagnosed with breast cancer, which she says has spread to other parts of her body.

Writing on Twitter, the 38-year-old told fans she was diagnosed with the disease earlier this year.

Harding explained she then received the "devastating news" this month that the cancer had spread.

"I'm currently undergoing weekly chemotherapy sessions and I am fighting as hard as I possibly can," she said.

The singer, who was born in Ascot in Berkshire, also shared a photo of herself in hospital.

She thanked NHS staff, her family and friends for support, adding that she was "trying to keep positive".

Harding said she had decided to go public with her diagnosis after being seen in hospital last week.

Her Girls Aloud bandmate Cheryl responded to the news by posting a broken heart emoji on Twitter.

Nadine Coyle commented on Harding's Instagram: "I love you! You have always been able to achieve miracles when needed! I am here for all the way & always will be!"

Harding shot to fame in 2002 as a contestant on Popstars: The Rivals - an ITV talent show which aimed to find both a new girl band and boy band.

She made it to the final and was voted into the group which became Girls Aloud, alongside Nicola Roberts, Nadine Coyle, Kimberley Walsh and Cheryl Tweedy.