How To Get Away With Murder How to Get Away With Murder...where is it??

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As always, the finale answers some questions and asks some new ones while throwing in a shock that no one saw coming. I loved this season.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone watching season 4 of How To Get Away With Murder? I'm really loving this season and think it probably the best since the season 1. I think the reason why it's working so well is that Annalise is strong and able to take control of a situation again after previous seasons when she seemed to be bounced from one crisis to another and was always reacted to what was happening around her rather than shaping events.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'm only on Season 2. I gave up for a while there, but am going to try rewatching it along with trying to get back into Orphan Black.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone watching season 4 of How To Get Away With Murder? I'm really loving this season and think it probably the best since the season 1. I think the reason why it's working so well is that Annalise is strong and able to take control of a situation again after previous seasons when she seemed to be bounced from one crisis to another and was always reacted to what was happening around her rather than shaping events.

Yes, I'm still watching. I agree it's been quite good this season, though I've seen some other fans not thinking it's as good? I guess I prefer it because a lot of it feels more personal for the characters this time around with the baby etc.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
This series signed off on a high. Over it's six seasons it's had more ups and downs than a sine wave but it ended really strongly and went out with an episode full of twists, turns, deaths, unexpected occurrences and a flash forward to end all flash forwards. I won't give out any spoilers but I was sorry to see certain characters die. It was good how the whole series went full circle and ended how it started.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
This series signed off on a high. Over it's six seasons it's had more ups and downs than a sine wave but it ended really strongly and went out with an episode full of twists, turns, deaths, unexpected occurrences and a flash forward to end all flash forwards. I won't give out any spoilers but I was sorry to see certain characters die. It was good how the whole series went full circle and ended how it started.

I´m glad to know that, @Angela Channing! I´m still in early Season 5, but I love this show and to me, it´s the only consistently good Shonda-produced TV series. If you think it´s had ups and downs, don´t watch "Scandal". Otherwise I also think that "Scandal" was a true guilty pleasure enhanced by wonderful actors who gave their best, though most characters ended up worn out, to be kind. Still, it was another night soap that took its season / midseason cliffhangers seriously, just like "HTGAWM".

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The final two episodes were excellent, but the final season largely felt like a waste to me. So much time was wasted when they had so much to wrap up so those two final episodes felt rushed. They could’ve put all that stuff in four episodes. Other than that, fantastic series and I will definitely miss this cast and world they created.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m happy with the way it ended and glad it’s finally over because I’m ready for Viola the film actress. I would like to thank Viola for bringing those fascinating Black Female character I have ever seen to television.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was definitively a good send-off to a too-often messy show. The "twist" was pretty predictable though, but I guess there's only so many ways you can go about it.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would like to thank Viola for bringing those fascinating Black Female character I have ever seen to television.
I agree. And I add: the strongest character I've ever seen on TV - female or male. So much development, background and multi-layered acted by Viola Davis. I didn't like Season 3 and 4 but I continued to watch because Davis and the ensemble (Liza Weil!) were always fantastic through the whole run. Season 5 and 6 were more satisfying even though I wished they hadn't written Gabriel so disconnected to the others in the end (his scene with Frank who begged him to leave for his own good was a stand-out performance by Charlie Weber though).

Yes the show was sometimes "messy" and had too many "twists" seemingly just for shock value. But in the end all these twists would haunt them down to the final episode and produced an end that honored the show's legacy (murders). With Arrow and Prodigal Son it delivered one of my three favorite season finales this year.