I just met someone....

Mrs. JR Ewing

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Howdy!

I have to tell you this story...sorry if it's long. You may or may not know this about me, but I am a 6th grade teacher (11-12 year olds) and today I attended a training on classroom management presented by a gentleman named Jeff Thorpe. He was telling us stories of his life and then tying them into what he was teaching us. Well, about half way through the morning presentation, he starts one of his stories about how he did a bit of acting when he was attending Baylor University in Texas and how he was in two Dallas episodes!!! Suddenly everyone in the group turns and looks at me because they know I am a huge fan. So I blurt out asking him what episodes? He tell s us he was in the second wedding of JR/Sue Ellen episode! I start going nuts telling him (and the crowd) about how I have been to South fork...twice! And what a huge fan I am. He was very nice and somehow switched the conversation back to what his lecture was about.

At lunch, I approached him and asked him for more details...he was very nice and told me that he was in a scene with Larry Hagman (because I asked specifically if he met him) and that Larry and turned to him and said , "How ya doin partner?" It was all mouthed and Jeff reacted appropriately, but apparently they edited it out. However he said that I could see him in the episode sitting on the Ewing side..that he was a long lost cousin! Lol

He also said that Patrick Duffy and Ken Kerschval were messing around in the pool in the off hours and that it was very funny. Also he had lunch with Susan Howard and that she was incredible nice to him...just sat right down and ate with him. Now....the most important thing that Jeff told me that I thought you would be interested in was that he met Howard Keel and that he was super nice guy and talked to him for about 10 minutes. I guess it made a big impression on him!

just had to share with you!

Mrs. JRE

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
the most important thing that Jeff told me that I thought you would be interested in was that he met Howard Keel and that he was super nice guy and talked to him for about 10 minutes. I guess it made a big impression on him!

Lovely story Mrs JR Ewing :hello:

I totally agree with him on that one, one of the kindest, and most courteous actors i ever had the pleasure of meeting
A real gent who made time for his fans and treated them as special and appreciated his new found Dallas fame after all his years on stage and screen
I loved him and miss the fact he isnt here anymore
Im still in touch with his lovely wife Judy and had the pleasure of staying for 6 nights at her home when she lived in LA. He was a great guy

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great story. The Dallas set seems to have been very friendly and relaxed. Whenever I've worked as a background artist on a TV production, the extras are always kept away from the main actors and sitting down to have lunch with them is simply amazing. The cast seem to have been really lovely people.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i can believe that on Dallas it was a an could be a fun set to be on. after all they did eat Cereal with Alke as the milk. if i'm not mistaken Larry used to do that before he quit drinking. i dunno about anyone else though. having said that. my aunt i have no idea what year this was in, she does hair for a living,. and she one day did the hair for the guy who's name i'm too lazy to look up he played Peter Bradford and a few other characters, Dirk i think was one of them too, anyways he played Peter Bradford on Dark Shadows the original show and my aunt like me is a fan, so they got to talking about the show and he was telling her how tough hollywood can be and that's why he got plugs because of that.

it was because of i believe he said Studio Lights can be pretty glaring. and you of course have to look a certain way so that's why he got them. i forget what else my aunt said that he said. but it was pretty cool that she got to meet the guy, and said he was a real nice guy too. true it may NOT be Dallas but it's still a pretty cool thing ya know?

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Lovely story Mrs JR Ewing :hello:

I totally agree with him on that one, one of the kindest, and most courteous actors i ever had the pleasure of meeting
A real gent who made time for his fans and treated them as special and appreciated his new found Dallas fame after all his years on stage and screen
I loved him and miss the fact he isnt here anymore
Im still in touch with his lovely wife Judy and had the pleasure of staying for 6 nights at her home when she lived in LA. He was a great guy

I have a soft spot for Howard Keel.

He was perfect casting for Clayton Farlow on Dallas.

Lovely to hear that he was a perfect gentleman. :mall:

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for sharing your story. It was great you got to meet him, and hear his stories about Dallas and the cast. ❤️