Last TV show you watched?

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The first 4 episodes of the fantasie series "The Witcher" on Netflix with Henry Cavill

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I keep on finishing things I had started, as I usually do at the end of the year. This time it´s a British show about big companies´ conspirations (yes, again!) and cute husbands who get killed off. The overall quality of this is above average but I missed something, not exactly know what. The female lead got me on the nerves sometimes too, but I guess it´s forgivable because she is playing a woman who has lost two husbands too soon. It´s worthwhile especially for the vision they give of the pharma companies, which is quite accurate (and don´t ask me how I know!): they may be mafia-like, the bigger they are...

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Servant, episode 2. So far, so good. Can't wait to watch episode 3 tonight, but right now I need to go back to... clean my house first. It's quite a mess...

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just bingewatched "Incorporated", a SyFy limited series (VERY limited, because it´s been canceled already!) about a near future when big companies control an apocalyptic world (what else?) just like in all the movie sagas that have been made in the last decade and the TV shows that have been made and canceled lately.

It´s a Ben Affleck-Matt Damon production, which sort of makes me think if it´s a labor of (mutual) love for each other, since the show looks quite gay. The main star is Sean Teale, the cutie from "Skins" and "Reign", who is wearing here more makeup than all his female co-stars. Hey the guy looks megahot, why do they have to make him look like a Valentino top model when he is a top executive in the middle of Distopia?

That was funny. So basically, everyone is remaking Blade Runner? Was that the prototype they're all following?

This time it´s a British show about big companies´ conspirations (yes, again!)

Ha! I've noticed a running theme here. What do you think would happen if someone made a series about a huge corporation that's actually run very ethically by capable people and the CEO is a heroic figure? Would the world come to an end?

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
- First episodes of the final season of "Mr. Robot"
- Re-watching "South Park" from the beginning

I love this character´s name (yes, it´s the one in the right down corner...)​

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Peep Show. I am binging it this holiday season. Finished season 7 last night, 2 more seasons to go ( = 12 episodes).

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Notorious starring Piper Perabo

This series about the behind-the-scenes of a TV news show reminded me of the series WEB starring a pre-Dynasty Pamela Bellwood. Unfortunately it was cancelled after just ten episodes and ends on a cliffhanger.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last night I finished "Mr. Robot"...all of it:

To be completely honest, when I got to the penultimate episode, I thought they were going to ruin the whole thing by pulling a "Conundrum"! It was not that (though it did look a bit like it) but a double final episode centered in the truth about Elliot´s mental issue.

Honestly (again), I think that some things were already said and done, but the creator was right to devote it to who (or what) our protagonist is (or was), with nods to "Twin Peaks", the show´s main inspiration ("Fight Club") and the Dream Season of "Dallas" (in a way...they said so many times "is this a dream?"!!).

A truly unique show with a lot of virtues and very few faults (this season they should have retitled it "Mr. Robot & Meryl Streep´s daughter") like the latter´s subplot that felt totally expendable. 9'9 of 10.​