Awards
Favourite Movie
Modern Times

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I read the by-line and had a few unpleasant flashbacks.

Art Swift was a member of the site, using a different username, Johnny Rourke. He started out like any other member, even got himself appointed a moderator in the Knots forum, but quickly got wrapped up in his ambitions as a writer. So wrapped up that he started trying to use the (albeit minimal) connections some members had with the show's stars to get interviews. I think that was his only motivation in joining, but who knows? When our attempts to help were not sufficient (read: we were no longer useful) he started sowing discord among members and telling the admin (Pamela) various lies about conversations he had had with the other moderators. One moderator quit in disgust, but when he told a demonstrably false tale about me to Pamela, she kicked him out and banned him. This fiasco tracks with the approximate time period in which this interview is dated, too, so I have no way of knowing if "we" (as in the site) helped make this interview happen, but [shrugs] water under the bridge.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But at least he was the first to talk to Paulsen. :lol:

Whatever happened to Swift -- still alive??

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
he told a demonstrably false tale about me to Pamela, she kicked him out and banned him.
And, if memory serves, she deleted all his posts at the same time, which really drove him nuts. I think he even described it as rape. It did seem a bit of a shame because he wrote some excellent stuff, and was a very good interviewer, at a time when any background info/analysis on Knots was like gold dust. On the other hand, I wasn't privy to what was going on behind the scenes and he did seem to go a bit power-mad towards the end. Also , looking back, you'd think such a computer-savvy , journalistically-ambitious person would have kept back ups of his writing, but, hey ... different times.
This fiasco tracks with the approximate time period in which this interview is dated, too, so I have no way of knowing if "we" (as in the site) helped make this interview happen, but [shrugs] water under the bridge.
I was trying to remember if I'd read this interview back in the day. Some of the details ring a bell and he does give a plug to Knotslanding.net at the end, so it looks like it was originally done for the site.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
And, if memory serves, she deleted all his posts at the same time, which really drove him nuts. I think he even described it as rape. It did seem a bit of a shame because he wrote some excellent stuff, and was a very good interviewer, at a time when any background info/analysis on Knots was like gold dust. On the other hand, I wasn't privy to what was going on behind the scenes and he did seem to go a bit power-mad towards the end. Also , looking back, you'd think such a computer-savvy , journalistically-ambitious person would have kept back ups of his writing, but, hey ... different times.

I was trying to remember if I'd read this interview back in the day. Some of the details ring a bell and he does give a plug to Knotslanding.net at the end, so it looks like it was originally done for the site.
I know someone who did... :danc: :NI:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
telling the admin (Pamela) various lies about conversations he had had with the other moderators. One moderator quit in disgust, but when he told a demonstrably false tale about me to Pamela, she kicked him out and banned him.
I'll never understand this kind of extreme internet behaviour. Perhaps the odd comment that you don't want to post in the forum, but I find it hard to believe that forum members are gossiping about other forum members in private conversations.
I mean, we're just here for Dallas and Dynasty, what could possibly go wrong?

shaqattaq32

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Why is it that all soap message boards in that era devolved into chaos and backstabbing? Not gonna lie, I miss that era of the internet terribly, drama notwithstanding (or, perhaps, because of the drama.)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some of the details ring a bell and he does give a plug to Knotslanding.net at the end, so it looks like it was originally done for the site.
No, nothing so gallant. Knotslandingonline.net or .com or whatever (not to be confused with knotslanding.net) was his own site just as his self-named site he also mentioned. I mean, we didn't expect a finders' fee or anything, but a little mention/plug of the site would have been nice.