UK Series Line Of Duty

cobbles

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I pity the poor sod who'd heard good things about the past series and switched on to watch tonight's episode without watching any of the previous series.

Honestly, it all seemed a bit up it's own arse. Definitely been declining in quality the past few series.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Too much going on in tonight's episode that I found it a bit difficult to understand everything that was going on. Hopefully it will become clearing as the series progresses.

There was a nice hidden clue in the episode. The magazine with the victim on the cover had a QE code on it:

EwHGb2VXcAI1Rer.jpg

The QR code links to a website displaying this letter about Hastings:
EwHGfZOXAAAk94L.jpg

The word "next" links to a website displaying this prescription for Steve Arnott:

EwD1YOcXEAAfBCd.jpg

Above the signature is some morse code:

EwH_cLNXMAErECN.png

But I've not yet worked out what it says.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Line of Duty S1-3 was excellent and nothing better than S3

S4 was daft and unrealistic, s5 I didnt like that much and seriously wish they still had Cotton and Denton, they made it

Steve cant act his way out of a paper bag, still love Ted and the juries out on new series

Most people at work thought the "new girls" accent was grating and thats from a bunch of Scots!

Give me Unforgotten any day!!

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Above the signature is some morse code:

EwH_cLNXMAErECN.png

But I've not yet worked out what it says.
The morse code leads to this YouTube video:

The scrolling text on the video contains the following equation 4 times: (Hx6) + ? .xyz which is a url to this website hhhhhh4.xyz.

I'll work out what this clue means another time.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The link is to a video showing someone delete messages from a mobile phone. One of the messages is a link to this video:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Half way through the video "BBC.in/" flashes on the screen, combine that with "3uZ7Ldt" on the pink Post-it note to produce another URL: http://BBC.in/3uZ7Ldt which takes you to an iPlayer video of a clip from season 6, episode 1. Not sure what the next step is or if that's the final clue. :think:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sunday's episode was dramatic and the story for this season is slowly unfolding. I'm finding it difficult to follow everything that is going on because so much of it makes reference to previous seasons for which I can't remember all the details.

I'm finding the flirtation between Kate and Jo to be odd because Kate never previously showed any romantic attraction to women so I have no idea where that's going to lead.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I'm finding the flirtation between Kate and Jo to be odd because Kate never previously showed any romantic attraction to women so I have no idea where that's going to lead.

Yes I have wondered that one too. Kate's husband left her and didnt she have a fling with the husband of the PC who was murdered in the Lindsay Denton season trying to protect Tommy Hunter under a new name.

I find Steves accent very irritating as well as his acting - the weakest link there

Still loving Mother of God / Fella = Adrian Dunbar and his lovely accent.

Ceindreadh

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Kiss kiss bang bang
Yes I have wondered that one too. Kate's husband left her and didnt she have a fling with thehusband of the PC who was murdered in the Lindsay Denton season trying to protect Tommy Hunter under a new name.

I find Steves accent very irritating as well as his acting - the weakest link there

I wish they'd let Martin Compston use his natural Scottish accent.
He was on this week's episode of the 'Obsessed with Line of Duty' podcast hosted by Craig Parkinson (Dot Cottan) and sounded so much better!

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
And in episode 2 he used the classic line “I’m interested in one thing and one thing only... and that’s bent coppers."

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm still not understanding all the details of the plot but who cares, I'm just happy that tonight Ted finally said his classic line:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Am I the only person to rewind the ending of tonight's episode to work out whose photo was on the DNA report only to be disappointed that it was Jo Davidson's and not the person she is related to?

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked how yesterday's episode paid homage to the cases of Stephen Lawrence and Christopher Alder by creating a composite character called Lawrence Christopher to highlight racism with the police service.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Ive preferred this series to the last 2, but nothing quite tops the excitement of S3 and Dot Cottan and Lindsay Denton

I have no idea how it will end up though!

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Line of Duty is named Best British Crime Drama Series by Variety magazine. Given the competition that is also on the best list, that's a great honor!

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I wouldnt vote it best drama and there are plenty missing from that list like Prime Suspect, Waking the dead and Cracker

Line of Duty 1-3 was great then it went downhill, not sure how Marcella gets a mention and a few others

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Can't believe I missed this thread. Line Of Duty was a fantastic drama. I started watching it from the very beginning when it was on BBC2. Loved every minute of it. A little disappointed at H reveal but not enough to spoil it for me.

My favourite character has to be Ted Hastings and his one liners in his Irish accent, absolutely brilliant. Loved all the cast but Adrian Dunbar the most enjoyable to watch.

The series is up there with Widows, Prime Suspect, Cracker, The Lakes and Happy Valley. These were the only programmes that made me feel how Dallas did and that's some comparison for me!