Days of Our Lives Missy reeves out temporarily

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, if Cady does well then I could see this being more than a "temporary" recast.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
There’s more to this story. It is said that MR was fired after she supported some non-BLM beliefs online and that’s what nailed her. Rumor also has it that she has either been fired for good or is under suspension.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, if Cady does well then I could see this being more than a "temporary" recast.
Exactly! I think they’re trying her out to see how she works out and not have a disaster like Robin Strasser replacing Louise Sorel!!!!!!!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's actually been kind of disappointing reading the coverage of this story.

"The story" is that Missy Reeves has decided (at this point and time) not to return as the cast resumes filming due to worries about Covid-19, and the show did what everyone has said is a temporary recast. She lives in Tennessee and commutes to work in LA. Being on a plane so much, what with all that's going on, is not the best situation, obviously. She could very well just be waiting until the cases go down, fully intending to come back when both she and the show feels comfortable doing so. Her frequent exposure to large numbers of people during such a commute would add a lot of uncertainty to the heavy-duty precautions being taken at the studio to keep people safe.

But most of the reportage focuses 90% on her personal opinions and thus turns that into "the story". Her expression of those controversial opinions were months, even years ago, but the writers of the stories feel the need to rehash things that are not current, nor relevant to the story. It seems politics have to seep into every.single.thing these days, even when the quasi-political stuff is old news. I wish they could leave certain sectors of our lives free of politics, but maybe that ship has already sailed. The old news not only colors the current reporting, it now pushes the current reporting off the page.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty happy about this news. I love Cady. She's a fantastic actress and I think she will be great with Matt Ashford. I think Cady is a much better actor than Missy, so they could hand her some meaty stories for Jennifer. I hope she sticks around.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked her "Rosanna Cabot" (ATWT) much better than Dixie (AMC). I dunno, I was just kind of tired of Dixie by the time they killed her off. But killing her off was still a major goof on the writers' part. "Old" Rosanna had the proverbial stick up her butt, but CM's Rosanna was much more "real" (at least for that period in ATWT's run).

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked her "Rosanna Cabot" (ATWT) much better than Dixie (AMC). I dunno, I was just kind of tired of Dixie by the time they killed her off. But killing her off was still a major goof on the writers' part. "Old" Rosanna had the proverbial stick up her butt, but CM's Rosanna was much more "real" (at least for that period in ATWT's run).
And, as always, Dixie rose from the grave numerous times!

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They use the word "briefly" so many times in this article. I've only seen her on the show for about five seconds so far, but I wish they'd just give her the role and then write a great story for Jack and Jennifer.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m a bit nervous, though. Famous actors from other soaps rarely strike twice. She was Rosanna pretty well, but fizzled as Kelly from Y&R. I just never wanna see Melissa “Caren” Reeves again.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m loving McClain’s take on Jennifer! I’m biased as I remember when she first appeared in soaps (“All Ky Children in 1988). MR always looked really old to play Jennifer. She hasn’t aged well. The fans are giving McClain a hard time of it, sadly. Give the woman a break as she hasn’t even been in ten episodes yet!

1988/AMC

Also, I don’t know why people are saying that Reeves is going to return when it’s been made painfully clear that she isn’t. Costars are speaking out against her, etc., and this is not the first time that she was fired (that story of her leaving due to the Covid and her being a grandmother is bull. Look at the post Reeves’ daughter made and you’ll def notice something’s not right with her story of why she was leaving).

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m liking her already. Guess I’m bias as well since Dixie and Rosanna are my fave characters.

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I'm not a fan of Cady McClain, couldn't stand her on Y&R as recast for Cynthia Watros. But to my own surprise I like her on Days. She's more fun than Melissa Reeves, but of course Melissa is the real Jennifer, so she should return someday.

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
McClain is slowly, but surely, winning over fans. I truly think we’ve seen the last of Melissa “Karen” Reeves unless McClain leaves the role of her own accord. MR is too much trouble backstage (allegedly). Covid is not only NOT over, but it’s getting worse, so why would she return to a show because of a disease that’s worse now than when she originally left?