Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
No, this is too crazy to be true.

Ra's killed Thea.

So they were happy to let me think Roy was dead, but really they were just playing with me to gain their confidence and then bam! They go and kill Thea!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
One thought.... This is just awful, first Oliver loses his father, then his mother and now his sister - Forced into a no-win situation where he has to take Ra's place.

On second thoughts, there's some water and a Lazarus Pitt where he can bring Thea back to life.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
My name is Oliver Queen
My name was Oliver Queen

I'm really not enjoying this Ra's story line where Oliver Queen is now known as Al Sah-him. Hopefully it will move on as this season comes to a close.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I fall for it every time - Oliver is playing the game, he isn't really Al Sah-him.

I was sad to see Maseo killed off, but given a choice I'm glad Tatsu.

I get why Diggle & Felicity are not playing ball with Oliver, but I do wish they would hurry up and all be best friends again.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe I should have waited until I finished that episode 'This is Your Sword' before commenting, apparently they are all dead, killed by Oliver, but I suspect it could just be sleeping gas. Either way, it was a beautifully tragic way to end the episode.

Now the confusion steps in as I move across to The Flash and see Stephen Amell appear in the opening credits - what's that all about?

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Not really show why they did this. Oliver took a few hours off his mission with Ra's to help The Flash in Central City.

You're not actually complaining about some extra Stephen Amell screen time are you? I think we can all agree that's never a bad thing.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
You're not actually complaining about some extra Stephen Amell screen time are you?
:bah:

Now into season four and it's still tough between Diggle & Oliver, I hope this isn't dragged out too long. I kinda liked the set-up Oliver had with Felicity, minus those neighbours.

I do have some trouble accepting Laurel & Thea into the gang of superheroes. Probably because it took Oliver five years to get where he did and these two seemed to take a few months training to become super fighters.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The Double Down, card throwing killer was a breath of fresh air in the middle of Oliver & Diggle's major big boring fall-out.

He came in as a big threat and then lost how to hit a target when he cornered Felicity and Curtis, not that I wanted him to hit either of those, but I would have preferred they escaped than avoided his throwing skills.

And they brought Sara back to life.....:eck:

And they are in uncharted waters.......

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oliver is running for Mayer, while I'm super-impressed with his new operations digs....

Thanks to Star Labs

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
John's brother is now on the scene, though he is in cage. I can't help but wonder if he is destined to join the team, once he & John sort out their differences.

They certainly like to keep it in the family don't they?

The Canary sisters
Ollie & Thea
The Diggle brothers....?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Legends of Yesterday was a great finale to the story with Vandal Savage, but I don't understand why they didn't clean up the ashes, then I realised they wanted Malcolm to step in for a possible return to this manic character.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I’m very happy to see the story with Andy Diggle aligning himself with John, I hate it when siblings are at war with each other.

After Felicity’s shooting and her losing the ability to walk, I liked how they gave her a side story where she’s seeing her old self, looking quite fab too. But I got annoyed when Oliver was talking to Felicity and she was seeing her old self at the same time. All the way through that conversation, Felicity was looking over Oliver’s shoulder and he never once picked up on it. It was frustrating because when you chat with someone and especially in a close proximity of each other, it’s bloody obvious when someone’s eyes is on something.

It’s been nice to have a break from Damien Darhk. I am enjoying this story, so much more than last season’s highly annoying Ra’s al Ghul, but I don’t want him reigning havoc for our team Arrow in every episode, it can lose its own intensity

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It was great to see Roy turn up in the episode “Unchained”, though I wasn’t instantly pleased by how it came about, taking us to first time we met Roy when he was on the streets. Still, as the story progressed it became much more interesting. I did think he was going to perish when that bomb was about to blow, I thought they had brought him back to kill him off.

Meeting a new villain didn’t really jump out at me, but seeing him sat next to Oliver praising Felicity was a nice twist. Then when he faced Felicity and she called him ‘dad’ I was jumping with glee at this turn of events.

So much so, I thought it was Felicity in the coma and not Thea.

I lost the plot somewhat during the episode “Sins of the Father”, we’re back to the Ra’s al Ghul, only in the shape of Malcolm. I get that he needs to die, but I was happy when Oliver just chopped his hand off. I like Malcolm the character. I’m even happier that Nyssa has disbanded the League of Assassins.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Felicity's stubbornness over splitting up with Oliver is annoying me. Sure I get why she would be angry at him for not speaking about his son, but come on, there are worse things he could do, like sleep with a girl or two....

But on a much happier note, I'm totally digging Curtis working with Team Arrow, his reaction to the whole set-up is brilliant.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Damien Darhk is my favourite villain, and the story where he took over the prison and received back his powers was fantastic. He's also killed Laurel which he did promise Quentin he would, should Quentin ever turn his back on Darhk.

Now I thought it was great how they played it where we saw Laurel doing well and then go into a seizure and die. I should have felt something but I didn't.

How does one mourn the death of a character on Arrow? I mean, we've seen Oliver die, we've seen Sara die and they're both still around, so I'm guessing they will somehow find a way to bring back Laurel.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Felicity's stubbornness over splitting up with Oliver is annoying me. Sure I get why she would be angry at him for not speaking about his son, but come on, there are worse things he could do, like sleep with a girl or two....

Yes, it's very contrived and frustrating.

But on a much happier note, I'm totally digging Curtis working with Team Arrow, his reaction to the whole set-up is brilliant.

I love Curtis and humor that he provides.

How does one mourn the death of a character on Arrow? I mean, we've seen Oliver die, we've seen Sara die and they're both still around, so I'm guessing they will somehow find a way to bring back Laurel.

You are a very wise man.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I love Curtis and humor that he provides.

Something came to me the other night and that's how both Arrow & Flash have introduced gay characters in a really casual way. There's no big deal going on, they simply have their role in the story like everyone else. Dr Who introduced a gay companion, and they are constantly reminding the audience that she's gay.

I then started to think back to US shows a decade ago, we had '24', Lost, Prison Break, Dexter, Sopranos, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy and I can't recall any gay characters in these. Did One Tree Hill have a gay character? I can't remember.

You are a very wise man.

Well, they managed to keep her going for another episode, but in fairness it was all through flashbacks. I was really touched by Lance's reaction to losing Laurel - Could this one be for keeps....?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm completely knocked off my feet!!!!!

I never made the connection between Laurel Lance and Ella Simms (MELROSE PLACE)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The final two episodes of season 4 were very much a letdown.

Thea's story where they kept her memory until it was needed to drug her was totally contrived for the plot and felt like an insult to the character.

The fight between Arrow & Darhk felt stupid, suddenly Arrow has all the powers and Darhk loses them, the mob of people just standing there didn't feel right, well until they got their cue to join in and help Arrow.

It's such a shame that it came to this, but I'm glad Darhk has now been dealt with and hopefully season 5 will be much better.