Our Own Dallas Trivia Game

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was reading a thread about game shows that sometimes asked Dallas related questions. It occurred to me that people might enjoy having our own forum's version of a game show which will consist entirely of Dallas related questions. Anything that aired on the original 1978-1991 run of Dallas is fair game to ask about.You don't need to have watched the movies, or Knot's Landing, or TNT Dallas to have a chance at knowing the answers.

The person who eventually gives the correct answer to this question can ask the next question, and so on.

I don't use the disagree button, and there might be answers that are partially right, so I encourage you after asking a question, to click on "optimistic" if a person doesn't give the correct answer.

My question for the forum is: Throughout the original run of Dallas from 1978-1991, how many different situations occurred where someone fired a loaded gun at JR? Name each character who shot at JR and briefly identify the situation in which they shot at him. If you can't remember their names, describe them in some way so that people will know who you're referring to.

Last edited:

Srqmom

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I’ll play but what do you think about making the questions just a bit more simple? More like trivia night at restaurants...just one part questions

on this question(without looking it up and I’m only on season 10)
1. The old guy in a bar that JR, Bobby, Jock and maybe Ray went to and got in a fight with then the boys went hunting and the guy and his posse shot at them
2. Kristen of course
3. Angela Nero? Or was she aiming at Jack?
4. The guy that JR threatened to expose his past (he touched a young girl) and was blackmailing him for the government oil trenches- he shot at him on the side walk
5. Probably more but I’m not going to look them up!

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was reading a thread about game shows that sometimes asked Dallas related questions. It occurred to me that people might enjoy having our own forum's version of a game show which will consist entirely of Dallas related questions. Anything that aired on the original 1978-1991 run of Dallas is fair game to ask about.You don't need to have watched the movies, or Knot's Landing, or TNT Dallas to have a chance at knowing the answers.

The person who eventually gives the correct answer to this question can ask the next question, and so on.

I don't use the disagree button, and there might be answers that are partially right, so I encourage you after asking a question, to click on "optimistic" if a person doesn't give the correct answer.

My question for the forum is: Throughout the original run of Dallas from 1978-1991, how many different situations occurred where someone fired a loaded gun at JR? Name each character who shot at JR and briefly identify the situation in which they shot at him. If you can't remember their names, describe them in some way so that people will know who you're referring to.

Kristin- for being a woman scorned.
The man JR was blackmailing for being pedophile.
B.D. Calhoun-for JR not living up to his part of the deal when Calhoun started trouble in a Middle Eastern country.
Sue Ellen- because JR threw Nicholas Pierce over a balcony.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll fill in the blanks to @Srqmom and @Jimmy Todd 's answers:

The old guy in a bar that JR, Bobby, Jock and maybe Ray went to and got in a fight with then the boys went hunting and the guy and his posse shot at them.

That was Tom Owens.
upload_2020-4-21_10-44-59.jpeg

The guy that JR threatened to expose his past (he touched a young girl) and was blackmailing him for the government oil trenches- he shot at him on the side walk

That was Edgar Randolf.

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll fill in the blanks to @Srqmom and @Jimmy Todd 's answers:

The old guy in a bar that JR, Bobby, Jock and maybe Ray went to and got in a fight with then the boys went hunting and the guy and his posse shot at them.

That was Tom Owens.
View attachment 20908

The guy that JR threatened to expose his past (he touched a young girl) and was blackmailing him for the government oil trenches- he shot at him on the side walk

That was Edgar Randolf.

OK, you all combined came up with:

Sue Ellen - in Nicholas's apartment
Kristin - at Ewing Oil
Edgar Randolph - in the street outside Ewing Oil's building
Tom Owns - on Dove Hunt
BD Calhoun - In his shootout with JR in California

That's 5 of the total seven! Not bad

Angelica pointed a gun at JR but didn't shoot

There's only one two missing but it's been over 48 hours so I'll give you guys the remaining two shooters and situations because the last two are quite tough:

During the range war storyline, near the end of it, JR drove a jeep, using himself as a decoy, whole McKay's men shot at him from behind and missed whole JR led them right into an ambush of Southfork security men that ended it!

When JR escaped from the House where Cally and her brothers lived, one of her brothers shot at JR as he as driving way, but didn't hit also missed

@Srqmom and @Jimmy Todd and @Lastkidpicked all gave it a good try so they all get to the ask the next three questions: Whoever gets her first with a question ask yours, then the next two ask your questions in alphabetical order: It as requested we have some easier questions so I propose a mix that will hopefuly satisfy everyone: Try alternate between easy and challenging questions as much as possible so we get a nice 50?50 mixed easy and hard questions - they din't have to be as tough as this one though since I think I probably made it overly difficult

Last edited:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
New question:
Who was Lucy’s second fiancé?

Kit was the first man she was engaged to and then Mitch was the next, who she actually went on to marry

@Lastkidpicked and @Jimmy Todd, you two still have turns because I said all three of you get turns for giving it a good try: after that, we can proceed with the standard rule of the person who answers correctly getting to ask the next question

Srqmom

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Did Lucy never get officially engaged to the financial or lawyer guy that JR hired to marry her and move her away?

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did Lucy never get officially engaged to the financial or lawyer guy that JR hired to marry her and move her away?

You're right; I'd forgotten about him. They were going to get married. Didn't Jock get Allan Beam a job with Harv Smithfield's law firm as a wedding present?

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kit was the first man she was engaged to and then Mitch was the next, who she actually went on to marry

While we are all thinking of good questions, I have to remind you about the perfect J.R. line when it came to Kit Mainwaring. Lucy was ready to marry Kit, which delighted J.R. because he thought this could finally enable him to buy the Mainwaring refinery. In a bold move for a network at the time, Kit announced he couldn't marry Lucy because he was gay.

Here's the funny J.R. exchange with Bobby, once they find out:

Bobby: Kit is going to stop the wedding.
J.R: Oh no he's not. That boy is marrying Lucy no matter what.
Bobby: No he's not, and it's better for Lucy that he doesn't
J.R.: Don't tell me no. This refinery deal hangs on it.
Bobby: What about Lucy?
J.R. What does Lucy have to do with it?

BHAHAHAHAHA!! That magnificent bastard! "What does Lucy have to do with it?"

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is a good question that you will enjoy:

Name three Dallas actors who got their start in American Westerns.

Good luck!

Top Jimmy

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cliff Barnes (even Sue Ellen commented once how they often shared the same women).

Both of them slept with Sue Ellen, Afton, Mandy, Marilee, Julie Grey, and maybe Rose McKay?

Jabari Lamar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cliff Barnes (even Sue Ellen commented once how they often shared the same women).

Yeah, I noticed that there was an almost-incestuous vibe between them, the way they went after each other's women. In Cliff's case, the argument could be made that his hatred of the Ewings was ultimately based on jealousy, he wanted what J.R. had. And that included his women.

Of course it should noted that Cliff also briefly dated Donna, before she got back with Ray, and he also dated Bobby's ex-girlfriend Tammy.

Last edited:

Jabari Lamar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, J.R. and Ray may have passed around a few women back in their early days of cruising through small towns. We know they definitely shared Sue Ellen and that country singer that Kate Mulgrew played.

And Ray and Bobby shared Pam and Jenna.

J.R. and Bobby shared April.

Which ultimately means that there's one thing that the producers of DallasTNT got right, as John Ross and Christopher continued the family tradition of sleeping with your relative's exes.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Both of them slept with Sue Ellen, Afton, Mandy, Marilee, Julie Grey, and maybe Rose McKay?

@Top Jimmy is correct. Cliff and JR did the most "sharing."
Ray - Sue Ellen and Garnett.
Bobby - April
Gary-Abby