Favourite Movie
Camelot
Rank fifth season
I liked
The comedic tone of the Dwayne and Emma arc. And Terry and Richard
Peter Stravos a complete success
The Greg and Jordan story
I did not like
The kidnapping of Stavros. The forgiveness of Eric and Sofia.
Cass, everyone was fooling her. her mother, Peter and Richard
Maggie's amnesia
In this thread I commented on the guests of the villa

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I liked the earthquake and that Chao-Li's daughter foresaw it - and no one believed her.

I liked that Emma had found a reliable partner in Dwayne.

I liked the potential that the Rossinis had, but unfortunately not much came of it.

I liked Morgan Fairchild more than Jordan Roberts. What I mean is that Morgan Fairchild could have fit so well into Falcon Crest if they had found the right character for her, but unfortunately Jordan went in the wrong direction during the season.

There was little that I didn't like at all, maybe the story about Peter's daughter was the weakest link of the season for me.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure what the poll is about so I've not voted. However, I really liked season 5. The addition of Peter Stavros and Father Christopher to events was a big success. I thought Jordan Roberts was a good character but I didn't really like her storyline in which she lived a double life because I thought it sensationalised the serious subject of sexual abuse within a family. The Jeff Wainwright plot was really interesting and I liked that Chao-Li was given a bit more of a storyline this season. The earthquake as an end of season cliffhanger was also a good conclusion to the season. So over all, a strong season.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
I'm not sure what the poll is about so I've not voted. However, I really liked season 5. The addition of Peter Stavros and Father Christopher to events was a big success. I thought Jordan Roberts was a good character but I didn't really like her storyline in which she lived a double life because I thought it sensationalised the serious subject of sexual abuse within a family. The Jeff Wainwright plot was really interesting and I liked that Chao-Li was given a bit more of a storyline this season. The earthquake as an end of season cliffhanger was also a good conclusion to the season. So over all, a strong season.
you were to put the fith season in order. - what place does it occupy???

Last edited:

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If I understand the poll correctly then 1 is the worst to 9 being the best. Is that correct i.e. like on the scale of 1 to 10? I will base my post on the presumption this is the voting preference format. On that basis I preferred season 5 to season 8 and 9 so I'm giving the Morgan Fairchild year a 6. The season was better written than season 7, which was another 'everything and the kitchen sink' year.

I liked Peter Stavros as Angela's hero; the presence of the Rossini family, Emma getting a soul mate, Chao-Li reuniting with Li-Ying from back East, the funny pairing of Richard and Terri, Apollonia (I'm in the minority), the introduction and plots surrounding Fr. Chris and a little bit of Jordan/Monica. Of course who can forget the earthquake. Imho the negatives of season 5 were Jeff Wainright kidnapping Maggie, Robin running off with Cole's daughter Hope and the wannabe A-Team like plot involving Sofia Stavros and Philippe Hubert. All in all 5 wasn't a bad season.

A hero comes along for Angela; her old flame the Greek shipping/chemical industry magnate and billionaire declared, Peter Stavros.

Peter recalls the first time he set eyes on Angela, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Peter: "The smile that won my heart, how many years ago? I can still remember our first meeting, at the Prado in Madrid. I ran into you and your father in the neo-classics, I believe."

Angela: "What tricks the mind plays. My father and I almost fell over you and your drunken buddies, on the outside of the Prado."

Peter: "No matter. What's important is, we met."

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 5 was Hamner's last year, and the season seemed like a good idea. But it was too cluttered, the guest stars dominated the narrative too much, and "Babylonia" jokes ruled the year (in spirit and in my head, if not in actuality).

There was a drab, cluttered, beige-y flatness to all the shows during the 1985/86 season, and FC was no different. All dressed up and nowhere much to go.

Season 5 needed a new murder mystery.

It really needed Bob McCullough back -- even if he was destined to run around the set telling the actors and producers that they all hated each other and were secretly attracted to one another. (Y'know, the things that brilliant and creative people do).

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked Peter Stavros as Angela's hero
Or should he have had an affair with Jacqueline?
Perhaps toy with the idea that he was Richard's father (which would make the need to explain everything in the letter more believable).
Ideally, if the earthquake couldn't be in season 4, I'd move the Third Reich treasure storyline to season 5 and reveal that Stavros was very much involved with the WWII shenanigans (as they'd do it on Dynasty).

Peter Stavros was Falcon Crest's answer to Dallas' Clayton Farlow.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps toy with the idea that he was Richard's father (which would make the need to explain everything in the letter more believable).
Ideally, if the earthquake couldn't be in season 4, I'd move the Third Reich treasure storyline to season 5 and reveal that Stavros was very much involved with the WWII shenanigans (as they'd do it on Dynasty).

Peter Stavros was Falcon Crest's answer to Dallas' Clayton Farlow.
I'm not so sure about Peter having an affair with the Perrault woman. He always loved Angela from they were late teenagers and the feeling was mutual, even with her love of the land/business outweighing anything or anyone else in life (Emma, Julia, Chao-Li and Lance are the exceptions).

Peter of course was familiar with how Jacqueline and Angela felt about each other as sister-in-laws; so ultimately he wouldn't have caused hurt, to his old flame, in my view. However Phillip Erickson just might have been a different story. I am of the same opinion as yourself regarding the similarity between Peter and Clayton. However I think Peter had more depth than the San Angelo character.

Anna Rossini sets fire to the Falcon Crest mansion. She targets Angela's bedroom. The fire incident happens after Angela revealed Julia had an affair with Dominic (Anna's husband) and they had a son; who grew up away from the wine country, Fr. Christopher. Mrs. Rossini rebuked the affair.

The day after the fire Anna and Cassandra are standing within the mansion grounds. Angela, Emma and Chao-Li survived Anna's arson, after Lance's rescued them. They are standing on the veranda. Sheriff Gilmore finds evidence implicating Anna, (a scene from season 5, 1985 - '86):

Anna: "Well! Hello Sheriff."

He carts her off, to the cop car.

Anna: "I blame Angela Channing, smoking in bed. I mean that's what starts most fires, isn't it? Oh and don't forget to check whether the children were playing with matches. Well you know how children are, especially the Channing children. They've always been impossible."

Cassandra looks at her mother, being driven off the grounds. Angela then makes eye contact with Cassandra.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seasons 2 & 3 are the best.

Then Season 1.

Then Season 4.

Then Season 6.

Then Season 5.

Season 7 was too frenetic and silly, while Season 8 was too dull. Both failed for nearly opposite reasons.

I can't really say about Season 9 because I'm still not convinced I saw all of it. Some people like it the best because everybody hates it.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
I liked Peter Stavros as Angela's hero;
According to the Bible of the fifth season. Stavros was going to work on the first ten episodes. He would later abandon Angela. He would tell Emma that he had an incurable illness. He didn't want Angela to know.
But the character worked so well that they kept him on for the entire season.
To give time to rewrite the scripts, the kidnapping arc was created that worked poorly.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My ranking is probably close to @Snarky Oracle!'s - though it'd go something like this:

Seasons 2/3 (they really do fit together well)
Season 4
Season 6
Season 1
Season 9
Season 5
Season 8
Season 7

Most of the first 13 episodes of season one are too self-contained to make it rank higher - it becomes kind of ridiculous when the Gioberti's realise that Angela's messing with them in one episode and then it goes back to square one in the next. What pulls it up in the ranking is because once the proper Melissa enters it quickly goes into soap overdrive. Season nine is probably technically better constructed than both seasons four and six, but is also too disconnected from the rest of the show that it comes off as a spin-off; if not with characters, they needed to tie it more into the Falcon Crest "lore" in order to make it out of the middle of the pack.
Season five is just kind of directionless soap opera silliness. Season eight grew on me in my last rewatch but, it's still close to the bottom. Season seven is just all over the place and I think it reminds me of what @Matthew Blaisdel said once of the Dynasty writers and how they'd behave like bored children with just throwing characters and storylines away once bored with them. Well, it's those bored children with ADHD that wrote Falcon Crest's season seven.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
I already commented in another thread that Stavros's letter was false. He knew Jaquelinne and could have forged it. In this way he eliminated Richard as Angela's enemy.
In the eighth, Richacd contacts a nurse who tells him that Angela's son died at birth. He analyzes Chase's blood, remember that it was stored, and verifies that they are brothers.
He thinks that Angela is her accomplice and that's why he has no problem putting her in an asylum.

seven is just all over the place and I think it reminds me of what @Matthew Blaisdel said once of the Dynasty writers and how they'd behave like bored children with just throwing characters and storylines away once bored with them. Well, it's those bored children with ADHD that wrote Falcon Crest's season seven.
The problem with the seventh is that all the scriptwriters who had been in other seasons were rude. An exception to Maggie and Richard's story, It was all ninja nonsense, man hunting.
Even the thirteen are that Richard did not know what they were like, A Cartel 2 and remember that he gets involved with them to annul Chase's codicil.
RICHARD
I have a little problem with a codicil. dream
GREY SUIT
I'm listening'
' RICHARD .
My lawyers claim it's airtight* Yet it must be revoked. The sooner the better* I don't want to spend the rest of my life in court.
GREY SUIT
And the name of the man who wrote this codicil?
RICHARD
Chase Gioberti,.
'GREY SUIT
It.will be taken care of.
RICHARD
And when it has, we'll talk membership. .

[,,,]
ROSEMONT
You wanted the second codicil of Mr Gioberti’s will revoked?
He pulls an envelope from his pocket and tosses it to Richard

ROSEMONT
Consider it done.
Richard opens the envelope and scans the contents.
RICHARD
According to this, Angela was in collusion with Chase’s lawyer, Len Potts.
ROSEMONT
Excellent forgery, don’t you think? Y ou can use it tomorrow, or save it for another. rainy day
Richard looks over at him, impressed*
RICHARD
I wouldn’t mind seeing Angela get attached to that land first. Then she’ll really know what she’s lost ? .
ROSEMONT

We’ve kept our part of the bargain,Mr. Channing. Now it’s time to keep yours Join us. We’ll see that you get what you really want. ____

In agreement with the German club
Although the Father Christopher "priest from the East (her colleagues' nickname for him) is very popular on the set, CBS demands — to the producers dismay KEN OLIN be written off.
[URLunfurl="true"]https://falconcrest.org/english/master.php?path=show/episodes/ai/bts/5/115[/URL]
Ana Alicia also comments in this audio that Jane also pressured her to leave.
But CBS knew the episodes in advance and Jane was the only actor who knew the Bible.
Why did they insist that Criss be a priest? He could have been a seminarian and, like many, they realized that they had no vocation.

Attachments

• 1711190538922.jpeg
    1711190538922.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 5 was likable, certainly more than the later years (Angela's estranged priest grandson, Peter Hot Shot Stavros, nice guy Dwayne, Jordan or is she Monica and everyone in trouble because of a natural disaster, in the summer). In my opinion season 6 was better than 5. The autumn of 1986 initially felt like a rebirth freshening up, until the messy Stack/Novak scenes. The cliffhangers were something else though.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Season 5 was likable, certainly more than the later years (Angela's estranged priest grandson, Peter Hot Shot Stavros, nice guy Dwayne, Jordan or is she Monica and everyone in trouble because of a natural disaster, in the summer). In my opinion season 6 was better than 5. The autumn of 1986 initially felt like a rebirth freshening up, until the messy Stack/Novak scenes. The cliffhangers were something else though.
Summary of the10 complete answers
Here we see what they thought of the fifth. Except for Toni, who I thought was the best.
Lee Rich, the president of Lorimar, called boring.
And that the Bible changed
RIchard and Cass's arc had lasted all season
Morgan and Greg's arc.
Both disconnected from Falcon Crest Angela and Chase

1711624482099.jpeg

Last edited: