Reaction score
Awards
IMG_8763.jpeg

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards

The aforementioned Estelle was played by Canadian actress Domini Blythe. I’m unsure if she reached the heights of treachery that Alexis did but Blythe would later go on to star in Mount Royal, Canada’s piss poor attempt at a Dynasty style saga.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I saw that ad and opted not to post it because Estelle was a very forgettable character even for SFT (which, while I liked it, has become mostly forgotten). Sometimes they just don't live up to their hype.
I think you’re setting yourself up for failure when you try to compare a new character to somebody well established. Sons and Daughters did it when Abigail joined the show and they had promos along the lines of “If you thought Pat was a Rat, wait until you meet Caroline the Cat”. From what I can gather, Caroline wasn’t a patch on Patricia, so it made the comparison all the more jarring.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Originally, the CBS affiliate in Cleveland had those call letters (WXEL) but they dropped them in favor of something else. How do I know this? Because WXEL is a local PBS affiliate here, a channel that would never air 1950's soap operas! After that Cleveland station dropped those call letters, this other station was apparently allowed to adopt them.