Awards

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
That ad must be for the Central Time Zone, as this would mean Ryan's Hope would be at noon, as Loving got the prize 12.30pm slot.

This marked the beginning of the end for Ryan's Hope, as affiliates would preempt it for local newscasts. (Richard Dawson's Family Feud also moved to against the 2nd half hour of The Price Is Right).

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Going north of the border today, with Canadian Dark Shadows knockoff Strange Paradise. Despite its relatively short run, it has enjoyed something of an afterlife in reruns, popping up on UK satellite TV as recently as the 2010’s.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You can't blame a struggling soap for pandering a bit.....

View attachment 51808

View attachment 51809

(The actor in the center of the first group photo, David Forsyth, gets moved to the far left in the second photo. Jeffrey Meek (who is on the right in the top photo) got moved front and center in the second photo. The other actor is then-newcomer Matthew Ashford.
NBC really were pushing these McCleary brothers as ones to watch (TV Guide July 1986)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Your last two posts have appeared (to me, anyway) to be blank. Must be a problem at my end; how can it post if there's nothing in it? :think:
Unless they were promos for the unwatchable Black/Stern era of As The World Turns, when it was said to be "a show about nothing".

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Your last two posts have appeared (to me, anyway) to be blank. Must be a problem at my end; how can it post if there's nothing in it? :think:
Unless they were promos for the unwatchable Black/Stern era of As The World Turns, when it was said to be "a show about nothing".
That’s odd. They’re visible to me, even before I log in, so I’m not sure what is happening.