I've done this several times. I think most people don't even know there's another PIN automat inside the bank.Next time, I guess I'll just go in the bank to get my $40 and skip the line
Off-topic, of course, but just thought I'd mention it before I forget
I had Yuletide pate today with redcurrant pieces served with a mulled wine chutney, toast and butter. Followed by Roast Turkey with pork, cranberry and apricot chipolatas, sage and onion stuffing and cranberry sauce served with roast potatoes and a selection of seasonal vegetables. And Christmas Pudding with brandy butter flavoured ice cream. I then had to nip 0.8 miles away for a Yule steak burger with turkey and cranberry sauce. With Breaded Mushroom Baubles . Followed by Chocolate Orange Nemesis and Toffee Apple Mulled Cider Crumble. I'm only doing it to be sociable. I've exchanged Christmas greetings thrice.In November??!?! That's crazy!!
I can understand that. Some people just don't understand that I might not want to talk to them. Even when I am using very obvious tactics like replying to conversation with vague and bored sounding murmurs of: "Uh-huh. Hmm. Yeah. Ah." Or even avoiding eye contact.I work with a couple of really nice women but dear God I am sick to death of them coming over to talk to me about shite the minute I sit down to eat my breakfast or lunch. I like to enjoy my coffee in peace !
If you think that is bad, try getting your money eaten by the ATM when the bank is closed! This happened to my mom a couple weeks ago. She put the money in an envelope to be deposited into the checking account. The machine kept asking "are you finished?", then after hitting yes, a message showed up saying: deposit: $0. She had to call another branch of the credit union that was open and request that they send an e-mail to the one we were at explaining what happened. Luckily, since she had all of the proper information written on the envelope that held the money, they gave it back to us after the weekend when they emptied the machines.Why do some people feel the need to do ten minutes' worth of banking transactions at an ATM, knowing there's a dozen people waiting in line behind them to simply withdraw a few bucks? If you need to do all that, GO INTO THE BANK! I've always thought of the ATM as an "express lane" of sorts, but apparently not everyone thinks so. I'd understand if the bank is closed, but both times this happened (this week) was during regular hours. I've been stuck behind people sticking in multiple cards, printing half-a dozen receipts, etc. Next time, I guess I'll just go in the bank to get my $40 and skip the line.![]()
Sorry, Sarah. I really wish I did! This reminds me of my mom's so-called "friends" who refuse to communicate with her regularly unless she uses Facebook! Mom told them that it was very hard for her to use Facebook because she is not good at tech stuff and asked if she could e-mail or talk on the phone with them instead, but no! Pretty rude and inflexible for friends who have known her for over 20 years!Does anyone have any polite tips for asking a friend to stop texting in their company? And checking FB?
But surely that stuff only works on certain types of people? I rarely emote and am not influenced by the emotional reactions of others, without rational/logical/reasonable/profitable/ reason to do so. Emotional manipulation strategies don't seem to work well on me to the point that I've detached from distant relatives (half-sibling and all it's children) for their unsubtle ploys to emotionally affect/control/blackmail me.How about "If you don't put that little toy of yours down and pay attention to the person standing right in front of you, that person is going to snatch your toy away and throw it under a bus" ?
One of my favorite parlor games to get these chattering people away from me (or out of my way in a supermarket, etc.) is paying attention as if I know what they're talking about and pretend to be listening to a regular conversation. As you hang on their every word and react as you gauge their reactions (laugh when they say something sarcastically, etc.) it totally creeps them out---but it's worked every time I've tried it. They move along and (maybe) realize they need to pay attention to their surroundings and quieten down.
I work with a couple of really nice women but dear God I am sick to death of them coming over to talk to me about shite the minute I sit down to eat my breakfast or lunch. I like to enjoy my coffee in peace !