Random things you hate

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Watching other peoples’ pets. Don’t get me wrong, I love animals and I love babysitting them for people but I just watched a few over the last couple of days that came complete with the dreaded special instructions. I’ve watched kids that were easier to take care of than these pets were. You feed them, you walk them, you play with them, it’s really not rocket science.

I know everyone spoils their pets and that’s fine but there should be a limit to everything.

Furbabies (unlike humans) are royalty, and we are but here to serve. Learn this and your life will be easier my friend.
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
I'll never learn but I hate it when I leave my groceries on the back seat of the car and then have to brake suddenly and everything goes everywhere. It upsets me to a degree it probably shouldn't.
I’m glad you said this because this has happened to me more times than I’d like to admit. You would think I would’ve learned by now and put the bags on the floor instead but for some reason I never do.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I don't put them on the floor because the stuff's still going to go flying. At least when the stuff's on the seat I can reach the bags to stop the carnage, but if they're on the floor I have to reach down and take my eyes off the road.

Car-related random thing I hate: Auto Stop-Start. I bought a car several months ago with this feature, unaware of how annoying it is. All I have to do is hit the button to turn it off, but it's still irritating because I forget to turn it off. :rolleyes: Every time I pull to a stop it shuts the motor off (it cranks back up when you hit the gas, of course). It's supposed to be a fuel-saving feature (a few drops per year--yippee) but I wish there was a way to disconnect it. It cannot possibly be good for the starter to be cranking the car repeatedly in stop-go traffic.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
my mom has one of those cars where all ya do is push a button no keys cept for the door it's annoying as hell i think but that's my own opinion of course. i guess i'm old fashion cause i prefer cars to have actual freaking keys! i watched a great stream tonight well really the first 40 minutes of one from Friday night and it was about one of the streamers i like going off about those assholes who think they know everything because they watched one video on you tube or tik tock. and they think they know better than the actual doctors. than as he said in the video they lay dying on the death bed begging for the vaccine and the doctor says it's too late for that now.

even though the vaccine is really to help fight the virus and it's not a cure for it. it helps ya build your immune system up for it to fight it yet we have these morons refuse to take it or wear masks. i don't get it and that pisses me off. the stupidity of people not caring about weather anyone else dies even their own family's. there was a woman who's son is doing pretty bad cause he's got covid and how did he get it? oh his mother refused to get the shots i forget how old her son it but she refused to have him wear a mask as well. so now she's begging for help i'm having a hard time really feeling sorry for her when had she taken all the precaution like us normal folks he'd be fine now i think. or if not than he would if he was old enough get the shots he would be doing a lot better than he currently is.

i mean for those who can't take it cause of a medical condition and it can kill them because of it that i get and that's a good reason not to that i do get like if i a doctor says no you can't take it that i get. but other than that i don't get why these idiots can't just wear a mask and get the shot. that's why numbers are up it's cause the stupidity of people is so strong that it's reached new levels of stupidity. it's like Forest Gump has a higher IQ than some of these people. but being nervous about needles i get i do,

my niece hates needles too as does my brother she's 14 she was happy as hell to get her shots when she was able to get it. she's ready for things to get back to normal and i can't fault her for that at all. my brother hates needles to and he's got his shots as well, though he's got tattoos's as well and that i don't get. for those who haven't had a chance to get it here's something you may not know, it really differs for everyone how they react to it, with me i had the 1st one not the Phizer or however ya spell it? that my dad had and he did get sick from it for awhile but he's fine now and just cause he had that reaction to it doesn't mean everyone will. my mom had it the same one he did and didn't have the same reaction she just had a sore arm. as for me? my arm on the first shot was sore as hell for a few days and after that i was fine, for my 2nd shot i didn't feel anything. and if you are really concerned about it i can understand that just talk to your doctor that's all. he or she may help you understand it better. id' rather have someone speak to an actual doctor than the next door neighbor named Fred i dunno i just picked a name out of a hat who is say a Mechanic and can tell you what's wrong with your car but other than that he's no doctor.

sorry for the rant here but this is just something that has pissed me off for the past oh 17 months or so
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
it's funny how you can watch you tube and get ads yet on my PC i don't normally get them that as much. as for what i hate?

i have to be in the mood to read and i f.... hate that it's just how i'm wired and i've got 15 chapters left of my book which isn't really that much since it's a Patterson Novel and i have to wait until i'm ready to finish that i freaking hate that
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I can’t cope anymore with YouTube ads but specifically YouTube ads in the MIDDLE of a programme.
Install an ad blocker, that's what I did and I never have to watch ads on Youtube. Occasionally I search for a news story and I can't access a particular news site because of the ad blocker but I can disable it for select pages and sites. Two weeks ago my computer crashed and my brother let me use his laptop; he doesn't have an ad blocker and dealing with all the ads was excruciating.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Can't we have healthy fashion models? I remember the days of Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford and Yasmeen Ghauri; they were by no means "average" but they were (and still are) very healthy looking women. Then came the "waifs": size 0 models who were photoshopped to appear even thinner than they were. Now fashion retailers are promoting "inclusivity" with morbidly obese women modeling bikinis. Featuring Tess Holliday or a Lizzo look-alike is not an improvement over the emaciated models of a few years ago; both promote unhealthy lifestyles.

​

 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
The difference, of course, is that when those size 00 models who looked like heroin-addicted anorexics were being touted as "a beauty ideal," they were subject to regular pushback from various groups, mostly due to the unhealthiness of the lifestyle. Now, these obese/overweight models are enveloped in this politically-correct "fat acceptance" BS where they practically DARE the public to criticize them, knowing the Twitter mob will take up for them and make the models out to be victims of "haters".
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
ya know i actually i did forget i do have one of those installed on my PC but not on my celly. i've got a couple different ones on my PC actually. as for my Book well i did finish it and ya know i think it's funny i called it on who it was and than while the last twist i didn't call it but i wasn't surprised at all. actually though you Joke for those who don't know Patterson has very short chapters which is one reason i love him as an author even though he doesn't put out that many books under his own name i mean books that have just his name on it not any co-authors but just his name.

anyways i hate it when i dunno what i want to read next and so far that's book #12 on how many i've read this year
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
I still watch a lot of commercial TV so I don't mind ads as such, but not in the middle of a scene, sometimes even a word.
I don't put them on the floor because the stuff's still going to go flying. At least when the stuff's on the seat I can reach the bags to stop the carnage, but if they're on the floor I have to reach down and take my eyes off the road.
Seat belt?
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
We live in a society where we are supposed to take care regarding our personal details.

Therefore please explain why every time I am in a store I have to give my POST CODE EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER WITHIN EARSHOT OF EVERYONE ELSE BEFORE I CAN EVEN BUY A BAG OF CAT LITTER!!! This drives me insane!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
We live in a society where we are supposed to take care regarding our personal details.
I went to a car dealership last week to ask about trading in my car. “Just tell me ur social and I’ll pull up ur file,” the rep said. I looked around and there must’ve been 15 people standing around. I said that’s not happening, not in this day and age. I’m sure you can pull it up another way, which they did.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I went to a car dealership last week to ask about trading in my car. “Just tell me ur social and I’ll pull up ur file,” the rep said. I looked around and there must’ve been 15 people standing around. I said that’s not happening, not in this day and age. I’m sure you can pull it up another way, which they did.
Bravo. I’m not usually afraid to say what I think but in the shop I always think they will think I’m really impatient. Which I am.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
really? i never do that, or one even better people who think they know everything when all they know is how to be is to be a huge pain in the ass
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
People who somehow manage to turn every problem into an issue about themselves. I have a colleague who is currently embroiled in a very messy love affair (an actual affair) at the minute, and it just so happens it has come at a time when I have fallen in love with someone myself. Every single time I need some advice, she manages to turn it into a story about her lover - and it is driving me to the point where I want to walk out in front of the traffic in Belfast.

As long as 'Roger' is ringing her every 5 minutes she's happy as Larry, and doesn't wish to talk to me, the second 'Roger' does a vanishing act, she needs both my ears and brain. Although I can be a bit of a mouthpiece when I feel very strongly about something, I do find it a hard one to challenge. Although I did let loose a bit on her just now when 'Roger' hadn't called for a few hours, and she said 'I will be melting your head later' and I said 'Why? You haven't given me the chance to speak all day!'

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
sounds like Trump don't it? whenever anyone talks about someone like that these days that's the 1st person that comes to my mind i wish it wasn't but after 4 years of that, it's sadly an after effect that i hope will go away soon. while i've been in love sadly i've never had anyone tell me the same thing it must be nice ya know? that's one thing i really do hate and there's really not much else to say to that ya know?

as for what other thing i hate last night i couldn't sleep but i did end up writing a pretty good poem i think out of it. Ironically called True love i dunno why the word popped into my head but that's what happens when i get an idea for a poem it could be a word a title or even a lyric and i'm off writing something weather it's a love poem or a dark one but my favorites are the dark ones. love poems though are really extremely easy for me to write and anyone can do it i think
 
Top