nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E04: Something Desperate

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this is just me, but I've been having this weird thought... does anybody else get the feeling that at some point we might find out that Liam's (ex)-girlfriend Ashley might turn out to be his baby mama?

The back-story as I recall is that Liam impregnated one of Laura's jet-set society-bitch friends in Europe---someone noticeably older than he was. I'm sure that if Ashley were the mother of his baby, Laura would have made sure to shove that kid on Liam's face to further establish how Liam and Ashley were meant to be. Ashley's also been depicted as a flaky trust-fund baby with no life of her own, so she gives no vibes at all that she is a mother of a young child.

If the show lasts long enough, Liam's pre-teen son could arrive just as one of Dominque's pre-teen daughters (Jackie?) shows up, creating a sort of Falliam 2.0.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Too bad we won't have Alexis singing in this episode

I haven't seen that in a while. Terrible dubbing or terrible lip-synching. Or both.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cristal is the new co-Prez of BlueBell Vineyards, to Adam's chagrin (or pouting). She's majorly concerned about the financials--why wasn't Adam more concerned when he took over?

Fallon believes that giving Liam a copy of his second book (the one about them) will help speed things along.

Dominique claims she took the cufflink from the quasi-crime scene to "protect Jeff" from Blake; he says she can make things right...by getting the hell out of his house. By phone, however, Jeff suggests Dom can earn some brownie points if she helps him bring down Adam. Sign her up!

Adam works to undermine Cristal's plan to have a wine tasting party. He even manages to con Mrs. Gunderson out of the re-edited guest list, though she seems more suspicious of them than most of the Carringtons. Or is it scared???

Leave it to Bo (Good boy! You're a good dog!) to carry the scene where the "AC" cufflink makes yet another appearance.

"This hotel opens in a week...." and Culhane wants to put one of his soccer players up at the hotel anyway. It would stand to reason that most of the rooms would be finished, but they continue to act like the whole place is in ruins. The player is being shaken down by some goons and needs to hide out.

Fallon climbs up the trellis at Laura's (who apparently lives in Atlanta?) to give Liam the book, but the burly guards stop her. She drops the book in the bushes. Laura claims Liam and Ashley are going to the courthouse to get married later that day.

Fallon enlists Sam to complete her "Hail Mary Pass" with the book. He actually says "But I have to go to work!"...who thought you'd ever hear him say that???

Cristal suggests Blake do some normal bonding time with Adam. After Fallon interrupts their nearly normal chat to lambaste Adam again....Blake and Adam burst into Tears For Tears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"--yes, with choreography and all. When she offers a critique, they look at her like she's crazy. Singing? Are you okay?

Sam arrives at Laura's ostentatious (okay, tacky) estate with a flower arrangement gift for "the bride" Ashley. But the way he wears those tight jeans and polo shirt is a gift for the rest of us. Fallon is connected to him via an earpiece.

Blake's face was apparently on the labels of his wines, but Adam fixed it so that Cristal's face is now on the labels--to sow discord. Her response: "Yes, that's my face. The same face when we met."--ha! Dominque drops by to trade a few barbs and later injects something into several bottles of wine that Cristal plans on serving at the party.

Fallon says she's developing a headache, but doesn't realize the AC cufflink is on the hearth right next to where she's sitting. Sam finds Liam, hands him the book....then Fallon launches into Phil Collins's "Against All Odds" to Liam over speaker on Sam's phone. Sam's just standing there holding out the phone (trying not to exist) while security swarms outside the windows. Liam is....intrigued by all the attention.

Sam and Fallon discuss the minor victory, as well as his belief that her room smells like cheese. Back off from Liam, he suggests, then launches into the Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love,", getting her to join in eventually. Sam's wearing a shirt that would make Diana Ross blush. Afterwards, Fallon gets that same "I wasn't singing..." reaction from Sam. They head downstairs to the party.

Anders refers to the hotel as La Mirage casually in a scene with Kirby. He tells her she has a lot more growing up to do. She then meets Culhane's soccer player friend.

The wine sampling party: Cristal adjusted the wine bottle images to hummingbirds and blue-bells. Adam looks....deflated. Fallon is pleased to see Adam and Cristal having a heated discussion. Cristal then launches into "Burning Down the House" (complete with dancing waiters), and Adam joins in. He sings better than she does. Blake has a verse or two. What's going on here? Fallon asks Sam, who has disappeared to get onstage too. Bo's barking manages to bring Fallon back to her senses just in time to see
Liam, across a crowded room. And yes, he's real (even as the singing apparently wasn't), and he is NOT wearing a wedding ring. He's decided he should not marry Ashley.
Not because he remembers anything, but because there are too many questions about what he doesn't remember. The book certainly paints quite a picture of what he was up to in the past year.

There is a small gas explosion in Fallon's room, thanks to a slow gas leak in her fireplace (thus the hallucinations, and the smell of cheese!). Adam takes the brunt of it, and leaves the mansion with his eyes bandaged up. Dominique goes back to Jeff's and tells them about this whole eye-for-an-eye thing, that Adam hurt her son and she wasn't going to tolerate that. But did she really engineer the gas leak? Because the leak must have been happening since that morning.

We soon see Dom speaking to someone via phone saying they need to sit tight for a while longer, that they're about to get everything they want.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, Bo is making us all go gassy?

Bad boy. Not a good boy. Who's a good boy? Not Bo, that's for sure. But who might want a treat?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I'm digging this. It's beyond silly, but very fun. The cast chemistry is amazing.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake calls a truce with Dominique... for now. Only because he's kind of busy with that pesky murder trial!

Oh dear.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dominique is like "yeah I did that" - bitch is taking credit for Bo's doings!!! How rude!!!!!!!

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My goodness, how low can this show sink ?
WTF? I rarely use that kind of language but thanks for giving me the heads up about this musical number. When this season eventually makes it onto Netflix I'll skip this episode. I just don't get it. It's insulting, juvenile and belongs on Sesame Street...wait that's insulting their target audience, I apologize.

Are the writers so bereft of ideas they think this kind of thing will entice the audience back? I really feel for industry stalwarts Grant Show and Alan Dale.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
WTF? I rarely use that kind of language but thanks for giving me the heads up about this musical number. When this season eventually makes it onto Netflix I'll skip this episode. I just don't get it. It's insulting, juvenile and belongs on Sesame Street...wait that's insulting their target audience, I apologize.

Are the writers so bereft of ideas they think this kind of thing will entice the audience back? I really feel for industry stalwarts Grant Show and Alan Dale.

So, you didn't watch it, but you decided it was crap? How imaginative.

BTW, your fav Bo was the plot device.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was left wondering if Bo had actually tripped the gas main and caused the leak in that scene in the first act, but decided to write around it for lack of certainty. So he did cause it? Niiiice. He's gone from silent eye-rolling and disapproval to openly trying to kill them all. By the end of the season, we might have a remake of Cujo. Which might be kind of fun. I was also unsure if that 'object' on the hearth was Adam's cufflink (left behind by Dominique to implicate Adam in causing the gas leak that was making Fallon lose her grip) or if it was something else entirely--like maybe a broken piece of the gas line with Bo's slobber all over it.

Bottom line: If Fallon's room weren't so small (by the manor's standards) she would not have gotten such a concentrated blast of gas. She should demand a suite of rooms.

I have to give credit to the person on the writing staff who came up with a passably clever excuse for the actors to burst into song like that. My only issue is the song choices. These were all hallucinations of Fallon, except for her actual singing to Liam over the phone. She's roughly 27 (thus born ~1993), but her subconscious play-list is all 1980s pop hits? Okay, whatever. Eighties stuff is pretty cheap to license, and inoffensive enough for a large audience.

I was also left wondering what Dominique injected into those wine bottles. If it was a sampling party to draw in new business, it would have been sufficient to inject salt water or vinegar into the wine just to make people gag on the products. But seeing how casually Dom accepts responsibility for putting a houseful of people in danger...maybe those bottles of wine were meant to cause more bodies to pile up on the estate. Go big or go home, they say. What if the bottles are still out there, waiting to be cracked open?

Last edited:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
The back-story as I recall is that Liam impregnated one of Laura's jet-set society-bitch friends in Europe---someone noticeably older than he was. I'm sure that if Ashley were the mother of his baby, Laura would have made sure to shove that kid on Liam's face to further establish how Liam and Ashley were meant to be. Ashley's also been depicted as a flaky trust-fund baby with no life of her own, so she gives no vibes at all that she is a mother of a young child.

If the show lasts long enough, Liam's pre-teen son could arrive just as one of Dominque's pre-teen daughters (Jackie?) shows up, creating a sort of Falliam 2.0.

Yeah... I just don't see these writers writing for preteens at all. What kind of viable and interesting stories could they possibly come up with for anyone in that age group? I think it would make a lot more sense if Liam's son shows up as a young man in his mid to late teens and maybe he can be paired up with Michael's little sister Evie if she ever comes back. I was also under the impression that Dominique's kids from her second marriage might be slightly younger than Jeff and Monica, like maybe late teens/early 20s. I think Jeff/Monica/Fallon/Liam/Michael/Steven/Adam/Kirby/Sam are all supposed to be in their mid to late 20s.

Also... how old was Liam when he had that affair with that older woman? I really hope this wasn't a situation where the woman might have committed statutory rape on a very young Liam.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Let's be honest - so far, Dominiques other kids haven't been well-developed at all. I hope there's a Bliss in there because of the pointlessness of Bliss.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Cristal is the new co-Prez of BlueBell Vineyards, to Adam's chagrin (or pouting). She's majorly concerned about the financials--why wasn't Adam more concerned when he took over?

Fallon believes that giving Liam a copy of his second book (the one about them) will help speed things along.

Dominique claims she took the cufflink from the quasi-crime scene to "protect Jeff" from Blake; he says she can make things right...by getting the hell out of his house. By phone, however, Jeff suggests Dom can earn some brownie points if she helps him bring down Adam. Sign her up!

Adam works to undermine Cristal's plan to have a wine tasting party. He even manages to con Mrs. Gunderson out of the re-edited guest list, though she seems more suspicious of them than most of the Carringtons. Or is it scared???

Leave it to Bo (Good boy! You're a good dog!) to carry the scene where the "AC" cufflink makes yet another appearance.

"This hotel opens in a week...." and Culhane wants to put one of his soccer players up at the hotel anyway. It would stand to reason that most of the rooms would be finished, but they continue to act like the whole place is in ruins. The player is being shaken down by some goons and needs to hide out.

Fallon climbs up the trellis at Laura's (who apparently lives in Atlanta?) to give Liam the book, but the burly guards stop her. She drops the book in the bushes. Laura claims Liam and Ashley are going to the courthouse to get married later that day.

Fallon enlists Sam to complete her "Hail Mary Pass" with the book. He actually says "But I have to go to work!"...who thought you'd ever hear him say that???

Cristal suggests Blake do some normal bonding time with Adam. After Fallon interrupts their nearly normal chat to lambaste Adam again....Blake and Adam burst into Tears For Tears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"--yes, with choreography and all. When she offers a critique, they look at her like she's crazy. Singing? Are you okay?

Sam arrives at Laura's ostentatious (okay, tacky) estate with a flower arrangement gift for "the bride" Ashley. But the way he wears those tight jeans and polo shirt is a gift for the rest of us. Fallon is connected to him via an earpiece.

Blake's face was apparently on the labels of his wines, but Adam fixed it so that Cristal's face is now on the labels--to sow discord. Her response: "Yes, that's my face. The same face when we met."--ha! Dominque drops by to trade a few barbs and later injects something into several bottles of wine that Cristal plans on serving at the party.

Fallon says she's developing a headache, but doesn't realize the AC cufflink is on the hearth right next to where she's sitting. Sam finds Liam, hands him the book....then Fallon launches into Phil Collins's "Against All Odds" to Liam over speaker on Sam's phone. Sam's just standing there holding out the phone (trying not to exist) while security swarms outside the windows. Liam is....intrigued by all the attention.

Sam and Fallon discuss the minor victory, as well as his belief that her room smells like cheese. Back off from Liam, he suggests, then launches into the Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love,", getting her to join in eventually. Sam's wearing a shirt that would make Diana Ross blush. Afterwards, Fallon gets that same "I wasn't singing..." reaction from Sam. They head downstairs to the party.

Anders refers to the hotel as La Mirage casually in a scene with Kirby. He tells her she has a lot more growing up to do. She then meets Culhane's soccer player friend.

The wine sampling party: Cristal adjusted the wine bottle images to hummingbirds and blue-bells. Adam looks....deflated. Fallon is pleased to see Adam and Cristal having a heated discussion. Cristal then launches into "Burning Down the House" (complete with dancing waiters), and Adam joins in. He sings better than she does. Blake has a verse or two. What's going on here? Fallon asks Sam, who has disappeared to get onstage too. Bo's barking manages to bring Fallon back to her senses just in time to see
Liam, across a crowded room. And yes, he's real (even as the singing apparently wasn't), and he is NOT wearing a wedding ring. He's decided he should not marry Ashley.
Not because he remembers anything, but because there are too many questions about what he doesn't remember. The book certainly paints quite a picture of what he was up to in the past year.

There is a small gas explosion in Fallon's room, thanks to a slow gas leak in her fireplace (thus the hallucinations, and the smell of cheese!). Adam takes the brunt of it, and leaves the mansion with his eyes bandaged up. Dominique goes back to Jeff's and tells them about this whole eye-for-an-eye thing, that Adam hurt her son and she wasn't going to tolerate that. But did she really engineer the gas leak? Because the leak must have been happening since that morning.

We soon see Dom speaking to someone via phone saying they need to sit tight for a while longer, that they're about to get everything they want.

She was talking to "Vanessa" on the phone who is this:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9070920/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have just watched it.

it's official, Bo is the best written character. And the only one to succeed in hurting Adam. You go dog!

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought the episode was good by the way. Surely because I was really expecting for the worst.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And the only one to succeed in hurting Adam
Good dog...what a good dog! --Steven, via telepathy from France
You're such a good boy! ---Alexis, via telepathy from the high-end plastic surgery clinic

I was also under the impression that Dominique's kids from her second marriage might be slightly younger than Jeff and Monica, like maybe late teens/early 20s
I thought Dominque left town around ten years ago (like Alexis did), but the other family could very easily be a mix of her own kids with step-children of any age. From the sound of that phone call, her other family (or at least the one she was talking to) is in on this, so she isn't the only one scheming.