Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The weeks are flying by.....

An Alexandrian discovers that he must navigate the mysterious,
confusing and horrifying world within the Saviors' Sanctuary.

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The episode was good it basically was a Eugene and Dwight episode. I feel bad for Dwight because he basically is a victim of Negan's too. He got beat up by Negan's men locked in a cell for the night. He is let out, and Negan tells him to find Sherry. He goes to his old home where he lived with Sherry before all this happened. Sherry left him a note, I felt bad for him. He goes home, and tells Negan he killed her. He later on sets the Doctor up.

Negan is so violent how he kills people is barbaric . He kills the Doctor which seems to be a stupid idea.

I don't know what is going on with Eugene. He is scared but he seems to be bonding with Negan. I hope it is only for survival, and that he doesn't go against Rick's group.

Mike

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like the episode too.At first I thought Negan was going to burn something else off the Doctor,But he just burn all of him.I agree that Negan should not have kill him.Eugene is smart,but is no Doctor of med.

Ferney

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I liked Eugene for the first time in this episode, his antics with the girls were great. Although he has been on I don't know how long, this seems to be the first time they've given him substantial character development. That's not to say I like the direction, but at least it's something. He actually resembles a human being in it.

Some scenes were just too long, though. They could cut some of that "prancing" by Negan out and I'd like it better. How does this old guy not have back problems the way he's always bending backward and forward around them? A little of him goes a long way. The more he does this stuff, the more it seems unbelievable they have not taken him out and replaced him. I've yet to see real leadership abilities in this guy. He's a crazy old guy with a bat, just shoot him.

I never thought I would like a stand-alone Eugene episode but I liked it very much.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It was great to have some time spent with Eugene and I liked how he handled Negan, I'm not sure if it's his way of dealing with the situation or if he has indeed continued his cowardice in a bid for survival. I like that we don't know the answer to that.

It's such a shame they have to produce this type of episodes where it focuses on one or two characters, I don't know what it is about The Walking Dead, but I always feel we don't get enough. The episodes always feel too short (even though I know they're not) and I'm always wanting to know what is going on with the other characters.

A little of him goes a long way.

You're right, but for me, Negan is brilliant, I could watch him all day. He's everything evil through and through, but it's the humour that wins me over.

The more he does this stuff, the more it seems unbelievable they have not taken him out and replaced him
Yes, this does not sit with me too well. I can not figure out how they all worship him like some god when he does nothing but treat them like crap, why hasn't there been any kind of mutiny from his followers? What are they afraid of?

Ferney

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Yes, this does not sit with me too well. I can not figure out how they all worship him like some god when he does nothing but treat them like crap, why hasn't there been any kind of mutiny from his followers? What are they afraid of?

I know, he's just one person. And it would seem it would easily crumble without him, as people would fight to take over, and as we've seen in these dictator situations, minions make a poor replacement. And Negan didn't even seem very smart in this episode. I mean, it makes perfect sense why Dwight would have done what he did. That he is so easily fooled by Dwight is disappointing. To just accept the Dr. did it is a bit mind-boggling. That would scare me more than anything- anyone can be killed at at any time on his whim. I just want them to show me one leadership characteristic other than just brute force. It would make me believe it more.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That he is so easily fooled by Dwight is disappointing.

Yes, a great point.

I just want them to show me one leadership characteristic other than just brute force.
I read a back story on Negan, who was a decent man before the Apocalypse, with a wife called Lucille and it went on to say a little of how it all came about for him. I have no idea if this is true to the character, but I would love to see some more development with Negan, because like you mention, we're seeing nothing but violence for the sake of it.

The show has done a hell of a lot of promo regarding Negan, so you would think they might give the viewers more than what they have right now.