Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh yes of course! A piece of this and a piece of that!!! DOH! I remember now. And they arrived in Amity from NYC didn't they? @Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes of course! A piece of this and a piece of that!!!

And by Jaws The Revenge, she was in business with Mrs Taft (who doesn't think that's funny at all):

And they arrived in Amity from NYC didn't they?

They did indeed. They bought the house the autumn before the first shark attacks.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i bought parts 2-4 on bluray last week i just haven't watched any of them yet

I hope you'll post some thoughts when you do get round to watching. Have you seen any of the sequels before?

They're worth getting on Blu-ray, I think.
  • Jaws 2 is definitely worth the upgrade and looks and sounds very nice
  • Jaws 3 is finally available to watch in its original 3-D for the first time on home media (one of our TVs was bought during the 3-D revival of last decade, so I've got to properly see it in all its glory for the first time since it was in the cinema)
  • Jaws The Revenge finally presents the original theatrical ending, as well as the international one (the only bad news is that there isn't an option to watch the entire film with a choice of ending. The theatrical ending can only be watched as a short special feature)

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
yes i have seen them all i grew up watching them and growing up the only one i never cared for was part 3 (1983) that was the weakest one for me but i loved i say loved cause i dunno how i will feel upon watching it again. i always loved the idea i dunno why a shark had a thing for a certain family even if it's a really stupid idea and on both accounts it is stupid. but i enjoyed part 4 never the less now i dunno if will still be saying that whenever i do get around to actually watch it but that was my opinion growing up.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
never the less now i dunno if will still be saying that whenever i do get around to actually watch it but that was my opinion growing up.

Yeah, it's funny how differently we can see things when revisiting them as adults. I loved all four films growing up, but I've grown to view them very differently now. I'm interested to know how you feel about the sequels after rewatching.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
for me growing up part 3 i always did love the ending but the rest of the film is forgettable kinda like Superman 3 (1983) has a great ending and the scene where he fights himself is awesome as well but the rest is just plain awful. but yeah there are some films i have wondered why i loved them at all but than there are some that i still love, i bought Maximum Overdrive (1986) on bluray a couple years ago i think? and though that movie gets a lot of flack i love it! it's one of my all time favorite movies and i found out i still love it. my brother also loved it for years and is in fact scared to go back again cause he doesn't want to ruin his memory of the film. even my mom quotes it and she hates horror films as does my dad and he doesn't watch them either.

one i bought last year was Little Monsters (1989) a film i loved for years and when i bought it i found out i still love it! but i dunno about this Series though and honestly it's really shocking they never did anymore well if you count Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws (1995) lol that is but you use that one if ya want to screw with someone's mind he he