The one catfight they never quite had...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Furs, lingerie, decedent witnesses, burning limousines --- why the hell didn't they think of this?:

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
would be perfect for Amanda and Fallon ...
"I´m daddy´s darling ..."
"no ...I am .... I was born in this mansion"
"and you did fly away in a ufo..." (laughing)
"you bi*ch ... your royal wedding nearly killed MY whole family..."

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
would be perfect for Amanda and Fallon ...
"I´m daddy´s darling ..."
"no ...I am .... I was born in this mansion"
"and you did fly away in a ufo..." (laughing)
"you bi*ch ... your royal wedding nearly killed MY whole family..."

I tend to think nearly all of the female cast -- including Krystle, Alexis, Dominique, Amanda, Sammy Jo, Caress, godknowswhomelse.

Two or three limos going to or from a fashion show. They're in a hurry. Bitches collide. The overdressed underdressed start clawing and slapping each other around, all set to an inappropriate overly-synthesized '80s pop tune (like, y'know, "Danger Zone.")

In all seriousness, I do want all the Carringtons stuffed into a huge stretch limo which takes a wrong turn and winds up in the bad side of town where the bejeweled cast is terrorized and chased on foot and harangued and grabbed by the ghetto denizens (mostly caucasian, of course, to be politically correct, but that would allow overt psychotic behavior not acceptably portrayed in another demographic). It would be a cultural statement and could be quite memorable and maybe even a little bit funny, if a little too satirical to be resonant in any significant way.... (after all, it's not drama --- it's DYNASTY).

Smells like two-thirds of the way through Season 8. Maybe it could happen in New Orleans instead of Denver -- I always want them to do Mardi Gras in Season 8. Maybe just before the gubernatorial assassination attempt.

But that's also the year I envision Krystle slipping into clairvoyant healing, and there being a four-episode Christmas blizzard story arc. And the cliffhanger shooting in Alexis' suite involving someone other than hapless Sean Rowan.

Last edited by a moderator:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Krystle and Alexis were supposed to have a catfight in the episode titled "Dex". The catfight was to happen in the boardroom, after Alexis canceled the merger between ColbyCo and DenverCarrington.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 211846.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 211846.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Krystle and Alexis were supposed to have a catfight in the episode titled "Tracy". The catfight was to happen in the boardroom, after Alexis canceled the merger between ColbyCo and DenverCarrington. Ironically "Tracy" is the last watched episode of season 4. Maybe the catfight would have helped to raised the ratings...

Far be it for me to praise the showrunners, but they were right to dump this catfight scenario -- it feels far too forced and ill-timed given the circumstances. (Although the Two Mrs. Carringtons throwing fire extinguishers at each other seems an inspired idea for someplace in the last half of the run of the program).

I guess a little mud in Alexis' face (I presume it's Krystle's feces) in the season finale was all we'd be getting that year.

Given the series' image, then and now, it's startling how few confrontations the two leading ladies actually had.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Krystle and Alexis were supposed to have a catfight in the episode titled "Dex". The catfight was to happen in the boardroom, after Alexis canceled the merger between ColbyCo and DenverCarrington.

Why the HELL wasn't this catfight done?!?! It sounds AMAZING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't care what Snarky says, I think what they had planned sounded hilarious and I would have loved watching it!

Last edited:

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The thing about the mud scene that bothers me is the fact that Alexis’ beautician said „I’ll be back” after Krystle decided to go to her booth and do what she finally did. What would have happened if the beautician hadn’t left in the meantime? Would Krystle have covered her with mud too for giggling?

Last edited:

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lindsay disguised herself as a nun because she decided to join a convent after Steven, whom she fell in love with, rejected her. Lindsay is jealous of Claudia and Steven's affair after discovering it. During an argument with her mother, she tells Claudia that Matthew doesn't want to have sex with her because he feels disgusted with her since she left the mental hospital. Claudia slaps Lindsay wearing a nun costume.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jeff gets fired up over something Uncle Cecil said and threatens to kill him. Cecil rolls his eyes and sighs quietly....but soon regrets dismissing Jeff's anger. Jeff slaps him around, shakes him by his neck, and calls him a "disgusting son-of-a-bitch" as Cecil barely puts up a fight.

The night-duty nurse walks in and orders Jeff to take his arms out of Mr. Colby's oxygen tent.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why the HELL wasn't this catfight done?!?! It sounds AMAZING!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't care what Snarky says, I think what they had planned sounded hilarious and I would have loved watching it!
@Snarky Oracle! is right, it was not the right time. Alexis was devasted because she canceled the merger between ColbyCo and Denver Carrington to save Adam. The catfight would have spoilt that moment. And later during the season Krystle was pregnant so she could not have a catfight. Hence the scene with the mudface.

That scene from season 5 would have been the perfect moment for a catfight with Alexis and Dominique (with fire extinguishers) !

By the way, the bible of season 5 did mention a fight between these two, I don't understand why it did not happen...

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 5 should have had Alexis/Dominique and Amanda/Elena catfights.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Snarky Oracle! is right, it was not the right time. Alexis was devasted because she canceled the merger between ColbyCo and Denver Carrington to save Adam. The catfight would have spoilt that moment. And later during the season Krystle was pregnant so she could not have a catfight. Hence the scene with the mudface.

That scene from season 5 would have been the perfect moment for a catfight with Alexis and Dominique (with fire extinguishers) !

By the way, the bible of season 5 did mention a fight between these two, I don't understand why it did not happen...

Yeah, fair points. Can't really argue with that... although it's funny, because Sable was also pregnant when she had her catfight with Alexis in Season 9. :lol: Then again, Krystle's condition would have been more critical, given her previous miscarriage. So it's just as well.

But yes, I remember reading there was a catfight planned in Season 5 between Alexis and Dominique. Now giving them the extinguisher fight would have been delightfully hilarious! :D

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 5 should have had Alexis/Dominique and Amanda/Elena catfights.

Very much agreed on Alexis/Dominique, although I'm not sure about Amanda/Elena - though there *definitely* should have been a slap. Amanda should have slapped Elena when the latter bragged about sleeping with Michael all along. Either that leads to a catfight, or Elena simply laughs and sashays out of the room.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, fair points. Can't really argue with that... although it's funny, because Sable was also pregnant when she had her catfight with Alexis in Season 9. :lol: Then again, Krystle's condition would have been more critical, given her previous miscarriage. So it's just as well.

But yes, I remember reading there was a catfight planned in Season 5 between Alexis and Dominique. Now giving them the extinguisher fight would have been delightfully hilarious! :D

Good point about Sable -- they could have used that Carlton catfight as a way of getting out of her pregnancy, Sable miscarrying days later -- just around the time Dex falls to his maybe-death.

You can have too many babies, you know.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good point about Sable -- they could have used that Carlton catfight as a way of getting out of her pregnancy, Sable miscarrying days later -- just around the time Dex falls to his maybe-death.

You can have too many babies, you know.

Though I wonder, why have Sable become pregnant in the first place? Granted, all the scenes regarding the subject were *VERY* well done (I just love the composition of the scene where Sable tells Dex for the first time, with the camera fixated on Sable, but also panning in a back and forth manner so that first she's on one side of the screen, before ending up on the other side, and going back, emphasizing the intensity and uncertainty of the moment).

And of course, the pregnancy did help lead up to the balcony scene, with Dex reaching his breaking point with Sable, Alexis and Adam, but it still seems like such a waste to have Sable miscarry after all that.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of catfights that never happened, should there have been one between Krystle and Lady Ashley? Or at least a slap?

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe Ashley and Krystle had an off-screen catfight, which caused the problem with Ashley’s neck.

Attachments

• IMG_8275.jpeg
    IMG_8275.jpeg
    689.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: