The Sizzling Jane Russell

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although Jane published her autobiography in the mid-1980s and she is frequently discussed in books about Hollywood (specifically censorship, Marilyn Monroe or Howard Hughes), this will be the first full biography of Jane published in the month that would have been her 100th birthday.

View attachment 24480
That is awesome. I hadn't ever noticed Jane Russell didn't have her own personal biography out there.

Which, to be frank, I've never even looked.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know a great deal about Jane Russell but as big Marx Brothers fan I'm familiar with DOUBLE DYNAMITE (1951) which she made with Groucho and Frank Sinatra.
It was originally called It's Only Money (the name of the song that features in it) but was renamed by Howard Hughes as a reference to Russell's, shall we say, attributes.
I'm not sure I've ever heard of HUNTER, let alone seen it; I was vaguely aware Fred Dryer starred in one of those formulaic 80s cop shows, but thought it was HAMMER or SLEDGEHAMMER or something. At the risk of being s snob, it's amazing to me that American TV thrived for so long with such grind-it-out claptrap.
Hunter was effectively the TV version of Magnum Force (i.e., Dirty Harry with the obligatory-for- the-80s female partner). Sledgehammer was a sitcom parody of the tough cop genre.