Tories Are Making Britain A Laughing Stock

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The latest farce that the Conservative government are inflicting on Britain is spending millions of pounds on ferry capacity to ship vital goods to the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit, money that could have been spend on the health service or education had we chosen to stay in the EU. Most of the money (£14 million) is going to Seabourne which as the French newspaper Le Figaro put it "London Signs a Contract With A Ferry Company... Without Boats". Yes, you read it correctly, we will be relying on ferry capacity from a company without any ferries. We must look so stupid to the rest of the world. This is what Tory Britain looks like.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Over the holidays I was reading an analysis in the Economist of May's failed plea to EU leaders to renegotiate the deal, and the paper stated that their concessions amounted to "explaining it more slowly and with pictures this time."

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The latest part of this farce is that Seaborne, the company our ludicrously incompetent government are paying £14 million to operate extra ferry as part of its "no deal" planning not only have no ferries but it now emerges their terms and conditions posted on their website were copied and pasted from takeaway food delivery company.

Labour MP, Tonia Antoniazzi, said: “This is beyond a joke. It’s not just that the government have panic-hired a firm with no ships to conduct ferry services. That firm has literally nothing prepared to suggest the £13.8m handed over to them is a sound investment. They’ve seemingly copied and pasted their terms off a takeaway fast food website, and their login portal sends you back to Google.”

These useless Tories that are running our country couldn't even run a bath. All around the world people think we are a joke because of our Conservative Government.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
@Angela Channing - could you help me understand why, if Teresa May faced yet another vote of no confidence, that she is still in power? Having a hard time following all this!

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Angela Channing - could you help me understand why, if Teresa May faced yet another vote of no confidence, that she is still in power? Having a hard time following all this!
Because Tories are basically dishonest and treat the public like fools. Out of one side of their mouth they say Theresa May has botched Brexit and needs to go but when there were votes of confidence against her (the first was within her party called by her own MPs and the second one was called by Jeremy Corbyn in Parliament) out of the other side of their mouth they support her crap leadership.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Because Tories are basically dishonest and treat the public like fools. Out of one side of their mouth they say Theresa May has botched Brexit and needs to go but when there were votes of confidence against her (the first was within her party called by her own MPs and the second one was called by Jeremy Corbyn in Parliament) out of the other side of their mouth they support her crap leadership.

Thanks! It's putting my head away. I wish they would just make a decision. Thanks for explaining.