Weird dreams

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had an "acting" dream last night -- I somehow was up, and the leading candidate, for the role of The Mummy in a major motion picture. I'm not even sure how this happened, as I had no agent to submit my name for the role, nor was I really sure I wanted the part or to be in the movie at all... I'm not even sure I knew the role was for that of the mummy, or "the lead mummy", until the last moment.

Then there became some weird scandal that began brewing over my getting potentially cast the role, my anonymity being stripped away even before I'd secured the part which might even prevent me from getting the part -- which I was increasingly disinclined to take as the situation progressed anyway.

It was all very elaborate and involved.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Are you sure?
Someone may have broken into your dream and sent your name to the casting agency, the mummy role being a mockery of your age.
But I'm just speculating....

Yeah. That's kinda what I thought.

But all I want to play is Roger Grimes -- dragged out of an icy Colorado lake (even though it's clearly late summer, southern California), laying on a gurney for several months (because I get lazy), kissing on Pamela Sue (and not Emma Samms, godblessher) in a dream sequence, beating up Alexis in a cottage on the outskirts of the estate, and then getting my brains blown out by tiny Baby Fallon (in flashback).

That's the only career I'd want.

But then, I guess a mummy is a corpse, too. So maybe that's the tie-in.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You said it was a major motion picture but dreams can be deceiving.
Maybe you were supposed to take over from Victoria Principal - again, mocking your age.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Then there became some weird scandal that began brewing over my getting potentially cast the role, my anonymity being stripped away even before I'd secured the part which might even prevent me from getting the part -- which I was increasingly disinclined to take as the situation progressed anyway.
This can only end with an Oscar win. You deserve it after all that!

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Last night I dreamt I'd won some kind of competition to record a Madonna concert straight to the GarageBand app on my computer. I think this was present day, but her appearance (after she'd morphed from being Tina Arena, that is) was The Girlie Show era

As she was on-stage and ready to go, I decided I wanted the first song to fade in. However the touchscreen controls (invisible, of course) were either directly in front of her face or actually her face itself was the touchscreen. Naturally, this was tricky as Madge was in the zone and didn't want to indulge me poking at her features.

I heard her snarl at me not to touch a stud piercing just below her nose so I went a bit lower, just above the lip to make the necessary swipe action. Unfortunately, I'd misheard and she'd been telling me I should use the piercing. And what she was trying to prevent was exactly what happened: as I swiped, I knocked her beauty spot clean off her face.

There was very little blood, but she was most ungracious about it.

I did get to keep the mole, though. Roots and all.