Dallas Character Wes Parmalee story with hindsight

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
That was a language school you visited in summer as a young substitute teacher for American Television History. In the hostel @Miss Piggy the Fashion Slayer had the room next to you, true. But La Pig wrote angry messages because you stole her space in the parking lot. Then there were rumours about stolen dresses. Soon after you left for Dallas and had to work on Southfork as a ranch-head for the returned Randy. He told me EVERYTHING!

It wasn't stolen dresses they were men's thongs!

You see you can't even get basic facts correct! ;)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I call for help. 9-1-1...

one for @Grim_Reaper_Luke

Ratch.jpg

and one for @Miss Piggy the Fashion Slayer.

Nurse.jpg

You'll be happy to meet them. And then we learn our stories again. What did we in Spain, Luke and Piggy? Think twice before we answer...

bright.jpg

The therapy is paid for by the 'Ewing/Farlow Foundation for Involuntarily Admitted Patients' in Dallas, TX.

Let's better stick to the language school version, lucky Luke. ;)

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was the Fletcher Sanitarium of Barcelona in Spain
I always thought it was amusing that they originally didn't refer to any specific name for the institution (that I can recall) - it was always just "the sanitarium" - until Sue Ellen said "you're not putting me back in Fletcher Sanitarium" the next season. It kind of came out of nowhere!

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He's another half breed who doesn't know how to use knives and forks!
Why should I? I get served by my assistants. And sometimes my elegant fingers uncork a bottle of champagne or undress Peter Richards at the pool. Despite all the alternative realities you've presented to your parents I'm the one who gets invited to the annual BBQ on Southfork and sit at their table at the Oil Baron's Ball. Is there something you want to share from Jessica for Clayton or J.R.? :cool:

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always thought it was amusing that they originally didn't refer to any specific name for the institution (that I can recall) - it was always just "the sanitarium" - until Sue Ellen said "you're not putting me back in Fletcher Sanitarium" the next season. It kind of came out of nowhere!
Oh yes that's right, how funny it was just called the sanitarium, it had no name, no sign and meant to be the "best sanitarium in the state" according to Jock.

Dr Rodgers worked there who could see right through Sue Ellen's fibs about her marriage to JR. I wonder how receptionist Heidi Hagman answered the phone at the no name sanitarium?

There was also a Dr Rodgers who worked at Dallas Memorial (which was named) and told Miss Ellie baby John could go home the following day.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Wes didn't want to hurt anybody he just wanted to be near his family again.

He could've gone in all guns blazing like you say, it's just he was reticent of doing that because the family believed he was dead but more importantly because Miss Ellie had remarried and he didn't want to hurt her. :)
I don't know. Jock didn't seem like he would be that ...sensitive, for lack of a better word.

In any case, a botched storyline that could have made the show better

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I don't know. Jock didn't seem like he would be that ...sensitive, for lack of a better word.

In any case, a botched storyline that could have made the show better

Everyone keeps forgetting that if Wes really was Jock who'd survived the chopper crash he would've had a slightly different personality as played by Steve Forrest from when he was originally played by Jim Davis. His personality would've changed to a certain degree. He was never going to be the same as when the character was originally played by Jim Davis. :)

Billy Wall

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Remember, Wes did say he did a lot of reading of the Bible. It's very possible he had a different outlook on life after the accident.

Something that I could never believe

IF WP was Jock Ewing , he would not have returned to Southfork with such secrecy.

Jock Ewing would have declared that he is alive, that this is his home, and kicked Clayton out like

the outsider, interloper and carpetbagger that JR describes.

This random man just shows up and tells Clayton he has to leave and orders everybody around and they're supposed to just say "call us when you get settled, Clayton?" Lol

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
This random man just shows up and tells Clayton he has to leave and orders everybody around and they're supposed to just say "call us when you get settled, Clayton?" Lol
If WP was Jock Ewing, yes indeed.

Clayton? Big deal. JR was right - Clayton was an outsider, an interloper a carpetbagger. He lusted after his (adopted) son's love interest.
He was given half of Southfork - a disgrace.

I would have been happy to see Jock, or anyone for that matter, eject him

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Remember, Wes did say he did a lot of reading of the Bible. It's very possible he had a different outlook on life after the accident.
After such a traumatic ordeal I can buy that he might’ve been much different after. That sort of thing is very common. It’s possible he could’ve had some memory issues from the accident as well. That can also alter a personality somewhat. Wes being a little different from Jock personality wise after such a horrific accident is not a stretch really.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
After such a traumatic ordeal I can buy that he might’ve been much different after. That sort of thing is very common. It’s possible he could’ve had some memory issues from the accident as well. That can also alter a personality somewhat. Wes being a little different from Jock personality wise after such a horrific accident is not a stretch really.

Thanks buddy you've finally grasped the truth.

Wes Parmalee was my Grand FatherJock Ewing all along.

Wes Parmalee reveals he is Jock Ewing.jpg

Last edited:

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Steve Forrest was still alive when Dallas TNT so It would have been interesting to bring him back either way to meet John Ross and Christopher.

Yeah and for JR and Bobby to finally do a DNA test and discover the shocking truth.

That despite what they initially believed Wes really was their Father all along. :)

Jock Ewing2e.jpg

Jock's Ghost

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Exactly. It just doesn't work for primetime shows.
It's all in presentation. If it means keeping the character as in the case of Pamela, do it. Prepare the audience and they would have accepted it and why is it not better than Bobby's shit return and Pam's shit exit?
Much better to take the fall out from SAVING THE SHOW/CHARACTER than the fallout from killing the show.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Based on that picture, I don't think she looks as much like her sister as Margaret Michaels does.

Her sister looks a better fit for the character of Jenna Wade.

Anyway as good as Margaret Michaels was in her brief scenes as Pam there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that that role of Pam Ewing belonged 100% to Victoria Principal.

She was one of the most beautiful women in the 1980's and in my opinion she still is. :)

Pam Ewing11.jpg

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
as good as Margaret Michaels was in her brief scenes as Pam there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that that role of Pam Ewing belonged 100% to Victoria Principal.
Only one Pam, I have to agree, although if anyone could’ve pulled it off both physically and acting wise it was MM. I enjoyed the scene with Cliff when he finds her. I thought it at least gave us some closure to the character.