What if there was a season (or part there of), showing marital bliss for Tony & Julia?

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do you think this would have been a good idea? Angela didn't like Tony. She believed he wasn't good enough, for her daughter and scorned him when he showed up. Julia was conditioned to be like an ice maiden towards him, suppressing any loving feeling. Nonetheless I would've liked to have watched say 6 - 10 episodes in one of the earlier seasons, when marital bliss was shown between the pair.

Chao-Li: "Tony is here, to take you away."

Julia: "Mother will hit the roof."

Tony: "You must need Falcon Crest more, than Falcon Crest needs you.!"

Angela has a meeting with Julia, in the winery laboratory. They discuss this year's Zinfandel production, (a scene from season 2, 1982 - '83):

Julia: "You know it is just amazing what that extra spring rain done for the colour of those Zinfandels."

Angela looks at the red wine her daughter poured: "Looks like a Ruby."

Julia: "This could be our best year ever."

Angela: "It will be."

Arlene Halloran

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You know having Tony around for a longer stint and with Julia would've been interesting to see but then Angela eventually gets Chao-Li to drive him away, in the middle of the night. He still comes back around the start of season 6, to pair up with Kim Novak's Kit.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In Season 2, I would have Robert Loggia be, for that one episode, Tony's brother. I have it all worked out.

I would definitely revived Julia, at least for Season 7 & 8, with Tony back in her life...... sweet and supportive --- but does Tony have an eye for Maggie??

And since Chase is gone, someone needs to investigate all that tainted chardonnay causing customers who erupt in spontaneous human combustion!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was so odd when they re-introduced him only to have him in the Kit storyline. I still wish they would've just added Abby Dalton back to the cast instead of going for Kim Novak.

Or at least bring Julia back in its midst or shortly thereafter.

Should Julia remain a homicidal maniac?

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Imho TPTB got their cast group wrong, for season 7 or 8 because Abby Dalton didn't feature. Abby wasn't a bad actress and could always be relied on to change her facial expression (at the drop of a hat), when the writing and directing dictated. She was excellent at that. Well I suppose most actors should be good for the most basic acting attribute. FC wasn't daytime soap, at heart.

Jeff Freilich and Michael Filerman both mentioned Julia in their scripts and rightfully so. The show could have been dong with the oldest Channing daughter going into season 9. Strategy and continuity no matter who is in charge can provide legs. If you loose these ingredients you could be looking at the wall.

A fine FC star. The late Abby Dalton. Eternal rest!

Gustav Riebmann (alias Jean-Louis de Bercy) sends his sidekick Renee to Falcon Crest. Angela is going to be reunited with Julia, (a scene from season 4, 1984 - '85):

Chao-Li goes to the front door.

Chao-Li: "May I help you?"

Renee: "I need to speak to Mr. Reardon."

Chao-Li: "I'm afraid he's not here right now."

Renee: "What about Mrs. Channing?"

Angela speaks from her study: "What is it Chao-Li?"

She goes to speak with the visitor.

Renee: "I'm Cheryl Russell. I'm an investigator. I've been working on the de Bercy case, for Mr. Reardon."

Angela: "Oh!"

Angela smiles at her right hand man: "Well I can handle this. Thank you Chao-Li!"

Angela: "Well, I'm afraid Mr. Reardon is on his way to San Francisco but if you have any news I would like if you could give it to me."

Renee: "As a matter of fact I do have something right here."

Gustav's glamorous assistant takes a pistol from her purse; cocks it and announces an invitation for Angela, to spend the evening with Gustav Riebmann.

Angela: "Over my dead body!"

Renee: "I don't think so Mrs. Channing. You see Mr. Riebmann has a houseguest I'm sure you're gonna want to see again."

Angela looks puzzled.

Renee: "Your daughter Julia."

Angela is in shock: "Julia!"

The frame freezes; the credits start, fade to black and the closing theme blasts out.

Last edited: