What's The Last Album You bought?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Meat Loaf - I'm shocked at how bad this sounds.

Bastille

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's amazing that in 2016 I can still say ... I just got the new Beatles album!

hollywood-bowl.jpg

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i downloaded it but have yet to get it, i collect all his albums, but even i have to say is what the hell happend to his voice? i know how old the guy is but has he problems with it lately? if you've heard Hello Teddy Bear which is the last album of his i truly loved and he still sounded damn good on it well that's just from as recent as (2010) seriously he still sounded good on that.

i haven't got the beatles album yet or even heard it. but my question is did they tone down the screaming by the fans? that's the thing with their live stuff it sounds simply awful because of all the screaming. and i think they'd agree with me too, to be honest.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i haven't got the beatles album yet or even heard it. but my question is did they tone down the screaming by the fans? that's the thing with their live stuff it sounds simply awful because of all the screaming. and i think they'd agree with me too, to be honest.
Yes, the screaming is less intrusive. You wouldn't want to do away with it altogether, though, otherwise it wouldn't sound "live".

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
when it comes to their live stuff the quieter the screaming the better i think even all 4 of the guys if they were all here and yes i know there is still 2 left but they no doubt would agree with me.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
lost_decca_sessions.jpg

For Beatles collectors the essential missing link between the 1961 Hamburg recordings where they backed up Tony Sheridan and the "official" start of their recording career and their association with George Martin.

Some if not all of these tracks have been available from other sources (including a few on Anthology 1) but this is a nice presentation of the whole collection on a single disc.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
GoodTimes.jpg

What I said about a new Beatles album in 2016 being amazing is even more true of the Monkees since this one is largely new material. And pretty good at that. Not bad for a bunch of septuagenarians who weren't even allowed to play on their own records when they started.