Will & Grace (original series)

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Any fans out there?

I use to watch this show all the time when it aired on We TV, but now that I got Hulu, the entire series is right there at my fingertips. I'm making my way back through the episodes I remember liking the best first. Usually, I won't watch a sitcom from the beginning to the end, but considering it's right there waiting on me, this might be the perfect show to binge.

Your thoughts?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Karen's birthday was in the last season (I think?) and it's one of my favourite episodes.
Some things become a little too familiar but it never stopped being good imho.
The mustard spreader and Smitty's gruesome family history, there's so much to love.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I love this show and have also really enjoyed the two seasons of the revival. I somehow kept expecting the new episodes to not be funny but then I would be in stitches. There was a recent spin on the Karen and Smitty dynamic and it had me in hysterics laughing.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Well, well, well....Miss Karen Walker. I'd kiss your hand, but I'm afraid of catchin' the Her-pes…"
---Beverley Leslie
Beverly Leslie
Well, well, well. If it isn't Karen Walker?

Karen Walker
Awe, Beverly Leslie. You look more like a woman every time I see you.

Cracks me up every single time!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Can't recall the exact wording, but it went something like this:

BL: "Well, well, well, if it isn't Miss Karen Walker."
KW: "Shouldn't you be in a tree somewhere, baking cookies?"

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We don't have a WILL & GRACE thread going already? I was almost positive we had one going, but maybe the website crash knocked it out of sight.

WILL & GRACE had a lengthy, eight-season-run, and was even successfully revived for three more seasons some 10 years after the original series had ended.

Like most successful TV comedies, WILL & GRACE was very well cast: Eric McCormack as the semi-uptight Will Truman; Debra Messing as the self-centered Grace Adler; Megan Mullally as the eccentric socialite Karen Walker; and Sean Hayes as the flamboyant show biz wannabe Jack McFarland. Their were others that rounded out the cast in secondary roles, with my personal favorite being Shelley Morrison as Karen's maid Rosario, who shares wisecracks and playful stabs with her boss.

I've been watching some episodes of WILL & GRACE on Hulu lately. The show has a delicious humor and I like it a lot.

Any fans out there?

1646793553383.png

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The original show bent over backwards (as it were) to avoid the boys having any real relationships, focusing on the girls' love-lives instead,

I thought the reboot was as close to the original as these things ever come, perhaps slightly better, but then it was produced by the original team.

The cast got mad at Megan, apparently, and they all de-friended her on Facebook.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
The original show bent over backwards (as it were) to avoid the boys having any real relationships, focusing on the girls' love-lives instead,

I thought the reboot was as close to the original as these things ever come, perhaps slightly better, but then it was produced by the original team.

The cast got mad at Megan, apparently, and they all de-friended her on Facebook.
I enjoyed the original series.
The cast was divided about politics
Personally, I could no longer watch Debra Messing in anything. due to both her obnoxious, hypocritical
political activism. but also her attempts to effectively blackball
those actors who did not agree with her politics
Please see below link

I want to be clear that I am not advocating any one party or individual.
I am expressing my disgust, shock and horror
that an actor would, in effect. attempt to deprive other actors of work
as a result of their political beliefs, much like the
blackballing of actors in the 1950's

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
We don't have a WILL & GRACE thread going already? I was almost positive we had one going, but maybe the website crash knocked it out of sight.

We have a couple. I've merged the new thread with the existing one, but there's also this thread discussing the revival.

You're right that we also had a W&G thread or two before the crash.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Messing and Mullally came close to one another in political opinions. Mullally simply opts to be less strident than Messing on social media, which is actually a wise choice since Messing would often say stupid stuff and get called out on it. Messing should have realized that just because she wants to make a foof of herself, no one is obligated to go along for the ride. Mullally apparently did not leap to Messing's defense quite fast enough for Messing's taste, as if anyone is obligated to do such things.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Messing and Mullally came close to one another in political opinions. Mullally simply opts to be less strident than Messing on social media, which is actually a wise choice since Messing would often say stupid stuff and get called out on it. Messing should have realized that just because she wants to make a foof of herself, no one is obligated to go along for the ride. Mullally apparently did not leap to Messing's defense quite fast enough for Messing's taste, as if anyone is obligated to do such things.
Good for Megan M!
Megan M is under no such obligation to enable the obnoxious, arrogant statements mad by DM

ginnyfan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never watched this series. The few times I got a glimpse, it just did not hold my attention. Looking back now, it might even be something I'd like, but because Debra Messing is such an obnoxious moron, I have no desire to give it a try.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never watched this series. The few times I got a glimpse, it just did not hold my attention. Looking back now, it might even be something I'd like, but because Debra Messing is such an obnoxious moron, I have no desire to give it a try.
It was never my cup of tea. I watched it quite a few times because it seemed like everyone did and I thought maybe I was missing something but I just never could get into it. My problem wasn’t necessarily with Debra, just the humor overall. It never made me laugh much.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards

It was never my cup of tea. I watched it quite a few times because it seemed like everyone did and I thought maybe I was missing something but I just never could get into it. My problem wasn’t necessarily with Debra, just the humor overall. It never made me laugh much.
Funny thing is, I like Debra Messing in just about everything I've seen her in, but this particular show never seemed to me as great as everyone says it is.

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
NBC towards the end were desperate to drag the last drops out, hence the creation of The Megan Mullally Show for daytime. (Not learning from the failure of the Gabrielle Carteris and Carnie Wilson talkshows - just because they were popular with 90210 and Wilson Phillips doesn't mean that viewers want to watch a talkshow with them. That and the talkshow market being saturated.)

Despite the exposure from her Karen Walker role, The Megan Mullally Show rated so poorly NBC shut down production after just 4 months.

Last edited: