Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs

Has anyone seen this? Came across it by accident this evening. VP looks very creepy in it!!

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The movie is from 1994, and the plot was based on a true story.

In my opinion, the movie maker did an excellent job of transforming Victoria into a high class rich lady from a completely different time period! Yes, VP certainly looked different than we were used to seeing her back then, but that was the point in order for her to fit the character that she was playing! BTW, I loved listening to VP talking with a British dialect! ;)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

Has anyone seen this? Came across it by accident this evening. VP looks very creepy in it!!

I saw this one on TV at the time and lol´d for various (hilarious) reasons, mainly the Joan Crawford-type VP plays in it, the fishbowl scene (can you imagine Pam doing such thing?) and also the fact that, in Spain, Victoria was dubbed in this by the same person who dubbed Collins on "Dynasty", so the villainious effect was magnified by 100!! Undoubtedly it´s one of the craziest things she´s ever done in her career, and if I remember well, the director wanted to drop his name from the credits because of the final result. And VP is not credited as "starring" but as "Special Guest Star" or something like that...

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, VP was "only" credited as special guest star in the movie. Most likely because her character was kilde off rather quickly.

On Gilmore Girls, Edward Herrmann (played Richard Gilmore) was always credited as special guest star, And I never understood why, because he was on for the full run of the show! Maybe Hollywood's definition of "special guest star" is different than I think? :oops: