Dallas Couples Bobby & Pam - Appreciation thread

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought Bobby got angry with Pam when he heard what she had tried to do, or didn't he?
I haven’t seen this scene in awhile so I’m going by memory here but I remember him confronting her about it and her saying she stood by what she did. And then he tells her he understood why she did it so I don’t think he was mad, was he?i could be wrong but I think he was just a little agitated at first and then once they talked about it he understood it more cause she did it out of love.

I think she also mentioned something about the baby being better off with her and Bobby since they were rich and could give the baby more things than Jenna could. Or didn't she?
Again, I haven’t watched this season in awhile but I believe you are correct. She did make some reference to the baby being better off with her and Bobby because of all they could give it. I love Jenna’s facial expressions during this scene by the way.

Is it just me, or had they decided to pair Bobby with April after Pam left?
You could be right on this one but I never got that impression until much later. I’m really not sure if the writers knew what they were doing with Bobby after Pam left to be honest. It just seemed like he was bouncing all around from Tammy to Kay to Tracy to April to Jeanne so I don’t know at one point it was decided to go with April. I wouldn’t say it was right after Pam left anyway. I think later.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just liked Cally better, J.R. didn't deserve her.
Cally was one of those characters that grew on me as time passed, just like April did kind of. I never thought about a Bobby-Cally relationship to be honest since she was already married to JR but I did like the chemistry between them. They did seem to get along pretty well. I like how he would defend her.

Karin Schill

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I haven’t seen this scene in awhile so I’m going by memory here but I remember him confronting her about it and her saying she stood by what she did. And then he tells her he understood why she did it so I don’t think he was mad, was he?

I can't remember. I looked through some scenes I have captured on my computer to try to find it. But I didn't. I stumbled across another scene instead though. It was Pam telling Bobby "I would probably run away if I could. But I need you too much!" Is it just me or does that sound like a plantation for things to come? o_O

I mean Pam did run away after her car crash! Or didn't she?

Could it be that she was actually kidnapped by Katherine?

I just liked Cally better, J.R. didn't deserve her.

I agree with you. He didn't deserve her. I think you might like the idea of him and Bobby because Christopher told Cally that he wished she was his new mommy instead of John Ross'.

I think I might have prefered a Cally/James pairing though like in @Toni s fanfic Ewing Empire.
Even though I did love James & Michelle too! :)

Yes you can tell I started watching the show towards the end since I just said that.

ChrisEwing2003

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree with you. He didn't deserve her. I think you might like the idea of him and Bobby because Christopher told Cally that he wished she was his new mommy instead of John Ross'.

I think I might have prefered a Cally/James pairing though like in @Toni s fanfic Ewing Empire.

Yes you can tell I started watching the show towards the end since I just said that.
Yes I did like the fact that Cally acted more like a mother and you really don't see April do anything motherly. To be fair thought I don't remember alot of scenes of Christopher and April ever really doing anything together. Where we do see Cally take care of Christopher while he has a cold, but I don't think Bobby and April had rekindled their romance at the time.

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I stumbled across another scene instead though. It was Pam telling Bobby "I would probably run away if I could. But I need you too much!" Is it just me or does that sound like a plantation for things to come? o_O
I had forgotten all about that scene but I do remember it now. Kind of telling, huh?
I wonder if they knew at this point how they were writing her out or was that tanker scene just thrown together at the last minute?

I guess it’s always been left to the imagination. I’d like to think Katherine kidnapped her, which means she didn’t run away. I mean why else would Katherine show up to the hospital? She didn’t exactly have a history of showing up to hospitals with good intentions.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I can't remember. I looked through some scenes I have captured on my computer to try to find it. But I didn't. I stumbled across another scene instead though. It was Pam telling Bobby "I would probably run away if I could. But I need you too much!" Is it just me or does that sound like a plantation for things to come? o_O

I´m re-watching Season 12 (13) at this moment, and the chemistry between James and Cally is clearly there, and as soon as she tells somebody how kind James is, they immediately suspect of them (JR, April, Lucy...). I think they intended to do something like that, but they changed it at the last minute (nothing new here). Maybe it was because Cathy Podewell got pregnant? I wonder...