Dallas Couples Bobby & Pam - Appreciation thread

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am currently re watching the season when Donna Reed plays Miss Ellie. :) This is my favorite season of Dallas because I love Jenna, Bobby&Pam’s storyline during that era of the show. :)

This is definitely my favorite season for Bobby and Pam. I really liked Bobby and Jenna as a couple but Bobby and Pam were destined to get back together at some point. I liked how during Jenna’s trial they became much closer. I felt bad for Jenna and Charlie eventually getting hurt but Bobby and Pam’s reconciliation was inevitable, and I wouldn’t change anything about their storyline that season.

Karin

Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you Sanda. I have recently rewatched the show and the way Bobby and Pam ended was totally disappointing. It makes no sense for Pam to survive that accident and then leave. But then again I can see why they didn't dare to kill her off so soon after Bobby died in Pam's dream.

A friend is watching the show for the first time and was surprised to learn that Bobby died and came back since she had missed it. She asked me if Pam's accident was a bad dream too. But no such luck!

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have recently rewatched the show and the way Bobby and Pam ended was totally disappointing. It makes no sense for Pam to survive that accident and then leave. But then again I can see why they didn't dare to kill her off so soon after Bobby died in Pam's dream
In hindsight it would’ve been better to have killed her off rather than the whole disappearing mummy disaster followed by another divorce. Like you say, we can obviously see why this didn’t happen.

I guess if they did kill her off though and VP did decide to return later on for argument’s sake they could’ve had Pam’s death be Bobby’s dream at that point. That would’ve made them even and given us multiple dream seasons.

(Just kidding with that last part)

darling of dallas

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Bobby and Pam were my favorite television couple.

I started watching Dallas, because of Bobby and Pam, when I was 7. I watched Dallas until Pam crashed.

I started re-watching Dallas over a year ago. I find it even harder to watch now than when I was younger. I keep watching Fall of the House of Ewing over and over, as if something is going to change.

For me, Bobby and Pam's ending isn't just disappointing. Words can't describe how frustrating Pam's exit from Dallas is to me.

Bobby and Pam were such a beautiful couple. They deserved completed stories. They deserved a better ending.

I am new to tellytalk, so I know you all have probably discussed this at length many times. How do you contend with such a horrifically bad ending to this great couple?

And, if you are like me, you absolutely would NEVER watch anyone but Victoria Principal as Pam.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How do you contend with such a horrifically bad ending to this great couple?
I guess I don’t really think about the end too much. I try not to anyway. When I think of Bobby and Pam I try to focus on the early years of the show.

I’ve always said that having them divorce was a mistake for it went against the basic premise of what the show was about. A long separation followed by a reconciliation would’ve been better in my opinion, although some of their very best scenes together were when they were divorced for those two seasons.

Ultimately they were doomed to be a tragic couple that didn’t get their happy ending, and that’s unfortunate.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bobby and Pam were my favorite television couple.
You’re not the only one

I watched Dallas until Pam crashed.
A lot of people stopped watching with you and I can’t say I blame them. Admittedly, I kept watching hoping she might return at some point.

I keep watching Fall of the House of Ewing over and over, as if something is going to change.
I know what you mean. It’s a sad ending to a great character, and for a great couple as well.

For me, Bobby and Pam's ending isn't just disappointing. Words can't describe how frustrating Pam's exit from Dallas is to me.
Yes, to see them end up divorcing a second time after Pam walks out on him and Christopher was not something I ever thought we’d see.

And, if you are like me, you absolutely would NEVER watch anyone but Victoria Principal as Pam.
There was a thread awhile back where someone proposed the idea of Pam being recast just for one episode to give her and Bobby their storybook ending. I found the idea intriguing then but when I think about it now I’m not as receptive to it. As you say, there’s only one Pam and I’m afraid it just wouldn’t feel the same with another actress.