Coronation Street Corrie

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What was all that crap with the Kebab shop?

Here we go again Queen Kate does like to tease us with the possibility of an affair. Michelle and Robert. Do me a favour. I thought she has left all that clap trap behind at Emmerdale.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What was all that crap with the Kebab shop?
I've only just caught up with it. What a stupid story-line, all taking place so they can give them a new uniform. Sometimes I have to wonder who they are writing this stuff for?

I wish they would give Ken a few weeks off, it's annoying not understanding what he is saying.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
2 contrasts in corrie tonight
a wonderful and moving performance by Peter Barlow and so good to have Chris Gascoigne back on the cobbles.

and such drivel and nonsense with maria 'im an idiot' (wont argue with that) Caz and thick plod police, why does no corrie police have brain cells?

also wondered who was the drag queen behind the bar......it was Eva!!

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A pretty badly written and acted double bill, but enjoyable all the same. Can't believe Maria has been given top billing, since when was she an A lister? The Maria and Caz stuff is ropey to say the least.

Loved the wigs in the Rovers. And Mary (sistic Peg) was the highlight for me.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Can't believe Maria has been given top billing,
I used to think (years back) she got boring and awful story-lines, but she's been thrown so many decent stories, it's showing to me what a poor actress she is.

Then again, the writing in this particular story is completely ridiculous, the way some of them are starting to question this meek & mild hairdresser managed to hurt (or murder) a soldier who was abusing Kate earlier in the year.

I still don't understand what those plastic aprons are about with the hospital and Anna.

I did enjoy the Halloween costumes, though I'm glad they told us what they were because I couldn't figure it out.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
lol I agree. I was looking at those the other day and it reminded me of Bobby and Cliff being covered from head to toe when they went to visit Pam. What use are the gowns without your mouth being covered? lol

I'm trying to decipher if Eva's laugh (which I did love at one point) is the actress' real laugh or if it is put on?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What use are the gowns without your mouth being covered?

I just don't understand what they are for, they don't cover the clothes and look like they are falling off. Yet nothing for the mouth or hair??
I'm trying to decipher if Eva's laugh (which I did love at one point) is the actress' real laugh or if it is put on?
I saw her on one of the daytime shows and she said it was put on, apparently she was messing around with various styles and someone pointed out this one would be perfect to use.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I like her laugh but lately I've been focussing on it a lot more.

We used to use gowns like that while working (when I worked with animals every day, which I kinda still do lol) - but if any animal was ill we covered everything and looked like space monsters. Considering Anna has severe burns and therefore should be kept from infection, you'd think the entire body would be covered and people like Robert wouldn't be allowed to just waltz in off the street.

Canon

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I caught some of last night's episodes - the first time in an age. Kate Oates hasn't made her mark yet, has she? The writing, the acting, the pacing, it's just all so...flat.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I caught some of last night's episodes - the first time in an age. Kate Oates hasn't made her mark yet, has she? The writing, the acting, the pacing, it's just all so...flat.
This week has not been good has it for the soap, not its finest hour. The whole Maria/Caz storyline is ridiculous. Poor scripts and some poor acting sadly. I wonder when Queen Kate is going to turn the soap round, I know its early days, perhaps we are expecting too much, too soon?

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alex is carrying the show at the moment.

And another thing, Caz and I are very much in love.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
So true, WB - she only thinks she likes Kate but it's me she's really interested in. The fact that she's a psycho-bitch-nutter makes her even more exciting.