Coronation Street Corrie

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have not read recent posts because I am only up to Mondays episodes.

But the flashbacks were amazing, what a fantastically written and acted plot. Heartbreaking.

I will watch Wednesdays episodes tomorrow.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Corrie is on fire this week, and it's all thanks to a great younger cast. Monday's flashback episode played out brilliantly, and it was great to see Seb back and actually up close and personal with Nina. Covid has restricted the actors from getting close, so to get another chance to show that night was very clever. I wonder if they had always planned on filming that fatal night months after the original airdate.

It was great to see Roy at the heart of Nina's story; what a wonderful pairing these two make.

The court scenes on Wednesday were just as gripping as Monday's flashback episodes and with so much of the past couple of years getting scrutinised, leaving nothing out. I can't wait to see tonight's episode.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I’ve so much to catch up on. Haven’t seen any of it as waiting for broadband. Heads away!!!

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
CS had been outstanding up to last night. Abi Marple is going to bring Corey Down? The trial seemed to lose it's impact in Fridays double bill. It was a little like Carry on Corrie at the Undertakers with Todd and George.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Have enjoyed the trial etc and Corey hopefully finally getting his comeuppance. Think his father is even doubting him now.

I can’t stand Toyah, she’s just so insipid all the time and find her relationship with Imran so unbelievable. No chemistry there at all. Continuing to find the whole comedy funeral parlour thing sickening too. Have a bit of respect Corrie!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Corey needs to be destroyed now.

And as a side note how can Imran represent his foster daughter in court?!

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
I'm going to suggest that the accused can be represented by a relative, sibling, friend, lawyers or represent themselves. I'm guessing someone too close to the accused would lose objectivity.

But... Wow that storyline outcome was (it seems wrong to say it) brilliant. I'm looking forward to Imran finding a way to appeal or get a mistrial declared.

The attempted suicide, Imran's ex back in the picture, Corey's confident swagger leaving court, Dev pointing out that Roy has made the transition from uncle to parent.

Corrie is on form at the moment.

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Grace has no means of supporting her baby.
Using the "never see the child again" claim should have been met with "okay, bye now".

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Corrie is ridiculous at the moment. Norris’ funeral I mean come on! So glad Rita got a mention but in that context she was horrified!

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Abi and Kevin made little sense. Abi brought nothing to their relationship.
And all that crying because annoying. What is our Kev seeing In her?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Thank God they have given Toyah a storyline which changes the shape of her face. Tonight we saw a different expression. Or two.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm behind with Corrie, some excellent stuff is happening and some horrible stuff just to keep a healthy balance. The traffic warden is confusing me. It's OK to park on Coronation Street. There are no restrictions - so why does he keep loitering around on that street?

I'm looking forward to next week's Super Soap week and the end of social distancing, so they can start having more realistic scenes.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Dallas got a mention tonight! Kirk was a mummy in the Halloween set up and Sam asked him, ‘What Dynasty are you from?’

Kirk replied ‘I’m more of a Dallas man me’

Much cheering! :yw:

In other news I’dalmost forgotten how annoying I find Leanne. That bloody walk!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know what to say about the ground falling everywhere, so I'll just casually walk past this thread.