In the Spotlight with.. DallasFanForever

The Lovely Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi TLSE!! I really enjoyed reading ur week in the spotlight by the way!!

My Star Wars list 1-9? Okay, but keep in mind most people I know don’t agree with me on this....................

1. ROTJ
2. Empire
3. Last Jedi
4. Rise of Skywalker
5. New Hope
6. Force Awakens
7. AOTC
8. ROTS
9. Phantom Menace

Let me know at what point on the list you start yelling at me.

My favorite Star Wars character would be Han Solo. I love his sarcasm and quick wit.
We have the same favorite and the same least favorite. I think that’s pretty awesome
Also your favorite character loves my favorite character lol so that’s awesome as well

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also seeing that you like the Hulk, do you like the new Marvel movies?
how do you feel about Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk?
I would say I’m not crazy about the Marvel movies but I didn’t hate them either. I just think they made way too many of them in too short a time to let me digest them. And I really didn’t think Mark Ruffalo made a good Hulk.

To me the Hulk will always be the TV show and Lou Ferrigno/Bill Bixby. But maybe I’m just partial to them because that’s what I grew up on.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Definitely Michelle over April, and not just to make you happy. I was a big Michelle fan actually. Those later years weren’t great but I thought Michelle was absolutely stunning!! I know that character gets a lot of criticism and I understand why she does but she gave the show some desperately needed life in those dark years.

I like your answer my friend. :ig:
No I’ve never been to Southfork but I’d sure love to one day. Actually, I’ve never even been to Texas. That’s pretty sad considering my username.

Texas is a worthy trip indeed. Being a fan of the series I think you'd enjoy seeing in person and walking the grounds.
I’ve met three famous people in my life.
I met Mike Tyson when I was a kid because we lived in the same town in Upstate, New York. He was actually friends with my grandfather and ate at my house once. This was before he was champion, I wanna say early 1985 maybe? I’ve also met Dan Marino, the hall of fame quarterback. He’s everywhere in South Florida so I actually met him three times. And I met Vince McMahon once in 2005. I delivered to his condo in Boca Raton, which is the same city I also live. He’s the famous wrestling promoter. And I also met his son Shane.

Very interesting. Was is Vince and Shane McMahon like in person?
@Michelle Stevens is gonna get mad at me for this one but Peter over James. I didn’t like the Peter-Sue Ellen storyline very much but I do love the last scene when he gets dragged out screaming and kicking. That scene was vintage J.R. and I can’t remember a James scene that stands out. I don’t blame the actor but more the writing at that point.
Anyone who broke Michelle's heart is not worthy of my defense. :p

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like your answer my friend. :ig:

Texas is a worthy trip indeed. Being a fan of the series I think you'd enjoy seeing in person and walking the grounds.

Very interesting. Was is Vince and Shane McMahon like in person?

Anyone who broke Michelle's heart is not worthy of my defense. :p
When I met them Shane was very busy and I really didn’t get to talk to him. But Vince was very personable. We talked briefly and he came off as being very nice and a true gentleman. He was waiting for a very important package that day but I didn’t have it.

And I’m sorry James broke ur heart Michelle. It’s definitely his loss. I hope he’s happy with that girl he ended up marrying and leaving the show with but I can’t even remember her name anymore LOL. Was it Deborah Lynn?

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Going by what I have been reading, you're a greatly appreciated member.

How did you initially come across the site?

What was your reasoning behind your decision to join?

I'm still a newbie by any measure, so what advice would you offer new members and is there anything that you would advise against?

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Going by what I have been reading, you're a greatly appreciated member.

How did you initially come across the site?

What was your reasoning behind your decision to join?

I'm still a newbie by any measure, so what advice would you offer new members and is there anything that you would advise against?
These are all good questions Biggie!

I came across the site when it was called Soap Chat. One night years ago I was just googling stuff Dallas related and the site popped up. And I started reading threads about the episodes and the characters and I was hooked. I love reading people’s opinions on stuff, whether I agree or not.

I finally joined last September cause it was a time when I wasn’t doing too well personally and I felt like I needed some interaction in my life. I had lost someone very close to me and between that and the pandemic I was just sitting here and feeling very lonely and isolated. I needed to interact with people more and I figured it was time I join.

As far as my advice, since I’m still kind of a newbie like urself. I would say just be urself and respect everyone’s opinion whether you agree or not. Sometimes I’ll read posts on some of these threads and I’ll feel like that person might be watching something different than I did. But then I might read it again later and their opinion might make more sense to me when I read it the second time. And I’ll look at the length of the post and I’ll say to myself even though we don’t agree this person sure went through a lot of trouble researching that opinion.

You say I’m well respected here and I appreciate that because respect means a lot to me. And the truth is there’s so many people here that l respect. I see the effort that everyone goes through to post about things they love and even things they hate and I love that. I respect that immensely. I’ve never been called the most creative person but I love creativity. I love how we’re talking about these shows and stars 20, 30, 40, 50 years later and saying what we would’ve done differently.

As far as what I would advise against? I’m not a prude by any stretch. I love to joke around but I hate bad language. I’m guilty of it as much as the next person I know but I try to never use it here. To me that’s not creative at all. Anyone can type that stuff; that’s easy. But why lower urself? Be more constructive I say.

And of course don’t be disrespectful or offensive to anyone. Those are obvious.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @DallasFanForever, I hope you enjoy your week in the limelight. I have a few questions for you, if I may:
  1. Who is the most fascinating person you’ve met?
  2. What’s your favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?
  3. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Hi @Angela Channing!! It’s always a pleasure to hear from you. I always enjoy reading ur posts. I consider you to be one of the smartest people on this forum without a doubt.

The most fascinating person I’ve met is not someone famous. I hope this isn’t a disappointment but it’s my niece. She was the first woman born in my family since 1946. We’re all boys. Generations and generations of boys. And when I heard she was on her way I didn’t really know how to feel. What do you do with a little girl? I’m used to playing with tonka trucks and remote control cars and throwing around the football. Would I even like her? All of these things went through my mind. And then she got here. And she changed my whole life. And the next thing I know I’m sitting on the floor playing with Barbie Dolls and having tea parties and playing with stuffed animals and sidewalk chalk and helping her raise kittens and putting together doll houses and I never wanted another boy in my family ever again. What makes her so fascinating is her incredible heart. She’s the warmest kid I’ve ever seen. And she is the biggest animal lover I’ve ever seen as well. She honestly gives VP a run for her money. She brings home stray cats and dogs all the time and feeds them and takes care of them til she finds them a home. She has hamsters and birds and fish. Every time I go there she has a new pet to take care of. I’ve never met anyone like her. I had minor surgery on my back about two years ago and she sat there and watched me for three days straight til I could get up and around again. She gave me her room and her bed, no questions asked. She watched TV with me and we played games and she even brought me food. Literally the best kid I’ve ever known and my best friend in the entire world.

Favorite alcoholic drink? I really don’t drink at all other than maybe at a social or family gathering but if I do it would just be a plain old beer. Favorite non alcoholic beverage is definitely soda. Coke is my favorite. I used to drink it all the time but now I try not to overdo it cause you realize as you get older that that stuff isn’t so great for you.

The best thing that happened to me this year was reconnecting with my family. Last year was rough cause of the pandemic. I didn’t see my family for months and it really affected me. Now we’re all getting vaccinated and hopefully moving back towards normalcy. We’ve been slowly getting back together a little on the weekends and it’s definitely a breath of fresh air.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another Random question from me

what is your biggest fear?
I was going to say heights or snakes. I’m not a fan of either one but my biggest fear is the people I care about moving away. I understand it’s part of life and we all move on but I’m terrible with that. I get attached to the people in my life. Whether it’s family, friends or even co workers I really struggle with it. My best friend transferred out of my station last July and I miss her terribly. I’m happy for her, don’t get me wrong, but I was lost for awhile. And I’m awful with goodbyes and she knew that so she wrote me the most beautiful letter and left it for me the day she left. I treasure it and will never get rid of it as long as I live.

The Lovely Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was going to say heights or snakes. I’m not a fan of either one but my biggest fear is the people I care about moving away. I understand it’s part of life and we all move on but I’m terrible with that. I get attached to the people in my life. Whether it’s family, friends or even co workers I really struggle with it. My best friend transferred out of my station last July and I miss her terribly. I’m happy for her, don’t get me wrong, but I was lost for awhile. And I’m awful with goodbyes and she knew that so she wrote me the most beautiful letter and left it for me the day she left. I treasure it and will never get rid of it as long as I live.
I actually have that same issue. I’ve actually always said I’m cursed because anytime I get a really close friend they move away and it’s been happening since I was 9 years old. I had my favorite coworker move on as well and while I was thrilled for her because she had graduated and got a job as a surgical tech a part of me wanted her to stay at Walgreens with me.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So how did I find Dallas? Well, my grandparents were huge fans of the show and I lived with them because my mom was very sick when I was little. She was there too but very limited as to what she could do with me cause she needed a lot of care. So my grandparents were my foster parents in a way. They loved Dallas and one night in late 1983 I sat down and started watching with them. And I was hooked. Bobby and Pam were already divorced and seeing Jenna and Mark, Peter was chasing Sue Ellen and I just fell in love with the show at 8 years old. Things were slow on the ball field out on the front lawn so I had some time.

But I think what took me from fan to Superfan was Swan Song about a year and a half later. My mother wasn’t the biggest Dallas fan. She watched but not religiously. But that night she sat on the couch with me and watched Swan Song with me and she didn’t move. She even cried a couple of times. And that was a very special night for me because like I said she was very sick, and her parents were always around to help take care of her and raise me. But that night they went to a party and I was left alone with my mom, which was a rarity for us. It’s one of the few times we were alone when I was growing up and it felt very special. I didn’t see her as sick. I saw her as my mother and she’s spending time with me despite feeling like crap all the time. So that night was what made me a Dallas fan forever. It wasn’t just the show. It was the fact that my mom was alone with me with no one else around for once.

Dallas Fan, you and I get to interact on the lighter side of the boards. The ABC's of Dallas and such. I enjoy it.

On a more serious note, I read your above posts and I have even more respect for you than I did before. It takes courage to put yourself out there like that and I respect you for it.

We had a thread a while back where people shared what Dallas meant to them. If you check it out, you'll see many people are just like you. It's not the storylines that stay in mind, it's the event of watching itself. Bonding with parents and grandparents. Here's the link.

You are a bright spot on here, and I hope you continue to stick around.

Your friend,
The Last Kid Picked

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @Angela Channing!! It’s always a pleasure to hear from you. I always enjoy reading ur posts. I consider you to be one of the smartest people on this forum without a doubt.

The most fascinating person I’ve met is not someone famous. I hope this isn’t a disappointment but it’s my niece. She was the first woman born in my family since 1946. We’re all boys. Generations and generations of boys. And when I heard she was on her way I didn’t really know how to feel. What do you do with a little girl? I’m used to playing with tonka trucks and remote control cars and throwing around the football. Would I even like her? All of these things went through my mind. And then she got here. And she changed my whole life. And the next thing I know I’m sitting on the floor playing with Barbie Dolls and having tea parties and playing with stuffed animals and sidewalk chalk and helping her raise kittens and putting together doll houses and I never wanted another boy in my family ever again. What makes her so fascinating is her incredible heart. She’s the warmest kid I’ve ever seen. And she is the biggest animal lover I’ve ever seen as well. She honestly gives VP a run for her money. She brings home stray cats and dogs all the time and feeds them and takes care of them til she finds them a home. She has hamsters and birds and fish. Every time I go there she has a new pet to take care of. I’ve never met anyone like her. I had minor surgery on my back about two years ago and she sat there and watched me for three days straight til I could get up and around again. She gave me her room and her bed, no questions asked. She watched TV with me and we played games and she even brought me food. Literally the best kid I’ve ever known and my best friend in the entire world.

Favorite alcoholic drink? I really don’t drink at all other than maybe at a social or family gathering but if I do it would just be a plain old beer. Favorite non alcoholic beverage is definitely soda. Coke is my favorite. I used to drink it all the time but now I try not to overdo it cause you realize as you get older that that stuff isn’t so great for you.

The best thing that happened to me this year was reconnecting with my family. Last year was rough cause of the pandemic. I didn’t see my family for months and it really affected me. Now we’re all getting vaccinated and hopefully moving back towards normalcy. We’ve been slowly getting back together a little on the weekends and it’s definitely a breath of fresh air.
Thank you, you're very kind and some great answers too. I have a few more questions, if I may:
  1. What word or sentence best describes your life right now?
  2. What has made you sad, mad and glad recently?
  3. If someone was making a film of your life who would you want casted to play you?

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas Fan, you and I get to interact on the lighter side of the boards. The ABC's of Dallas and such. I enjoy it.

On a more serious note, I read your above posts and I have even more respect for you than I did before. It takes courage to put yourself out there like that and I respect you for it.

We had a thread a while back where people shared what Dallas meant to them. If you check it out, you'll see many people are just like you. It's not the storylines that stay in mind, it's the event of watching itself. Bonding with parents and grandparents. Here's the link.

You are a bright spot on here, and I hope you continue to stick around.

Your friend,
The Last Kid Picked
Thank you @Lastkidpicked!! I appreciate what you said, all the compliments. And thank you for the link!!

I love the stuff you post and talk about on those Dallas threads. I’ve learned a lot from reading what you post. And as far as sticking around for awhile, don’t worry about that. I’m not going anywhere.