Elon Musk buying Twitter

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Are you sure you weren't hacked? My account was hacked last year. Luckily, I got an email notifying me about a new login. I was able to change my password and shut them out.

I assume I was hacked. I also determined that the email address I used related to Twitter was also hacked as I hadn't checked that email in weeks and then noticed nothing was there -- zero spams, no emails of any sort.

So I just changed that email password. But Twitter can suck it.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I assume I was hacked. I also determined that the email address I used related to Twitter was also hacked as I hadn't checked that email in weeks and then noticed nothing was there -- zero spams, no emails of any sort.
Data breaches are common, unfortunately. It's happened to me several times across email and social media sites.

So I just changed that email password. But Twitter can suck it.
As someone who's still on Twitter (I can't get used to X,) you're not missing much. I have a few contacts I keep in touch with there, but it's mostly a beacon for nonsense.

I'm sure some people will blame that on Musk, but it's pretty much always been that way. What little common sense makes it through is almost immediately crapped on.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recently got a notice telling me that my X/Twitter account was suspended due to misbehavior.

The problem is that I haven't used it, or even logged in, in more than 15 years.
That happened to me although I had been using my account. There was absolutely no justification for them to suspend my account and after I raised the issue with them they reinstated it after about a month with no explanation regarding what precisely caused them to suspend it in the first place.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Never had a twitter account. All i ever got from it was bad news, like hearing over and over from various people that it was the most toxic bubble on the internet and now that debacle with Mr. Musk. Never got the feeling that i missed out on anything "important".
For political discussions i use my political forum, for news i use the official news channels which are fake news proved, for my technical/electronical stuff i use my tech forums and youtube and for my soapy guilty pleasure there's tellytalk.
So why twitter? For what?? Same goes for stupid tiktok, think that's even worse than twitter. Or at least much, much dumber and even more useless.

Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Never had a twitter account. All i ever got from it was bad news, like hearing over and over from various people that it was the most toxic bubble on the internet and now that debacle with Mr. Musk. Never got the feeling that i missed out on anything "important".
For political discussions i use my political forum, for news i use the official news channels which are fake news proved, for my technical/electronical stuff i use my tech forums and youtube and for my soapy guilty pleasure there's tellytalk.
So why twitter? For what?? Same goes for stupid tiktok, think that's even worse than twitter. Or at least much, much dumber and even more useless.
You make good points. I guess this forum is a form of social media, although it is far less populated than the others, so I don't want to appear contradictory.
The good part of social media is also the disadvantage of social media - everyone has a voice, with claims of fact that are really opinion , ideology, agenda, or all three.
The "news" isn't news anymore. It is an amalgam of promoting ideology and agenda, mostly on the left.
And the elite maintain their privileged status, nonetheless because people are so divided.
No matter what the outcome of any election or legislation, the elite will always prosper,
because they have the resources to adapt and profit from any situation, and any form of government
I do not know of any realistic solution to this situation