Emily Fallmont sucks

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seriously - she’s letting Blake lose his money and his reputation so she can hide her tawdry little affair and save her marriage to unsexy Oscar Goldman? What a selfish b.

If I had been Blake, I never would have been that self sacrificing. I would have exposed her so fast her head would have spun.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Seriously - she’s letting Blake lose his money and his reputation so she can hide her tawdry little affair and save her marriage to unsexy Oscar Goldman? What a selfish b.

If I had been Blake, I never would have been that self sacrificing. I would have exposed her so fast her head would have spun.

In my version -- which I just assume everybody knows and embraces -- Emily is really trying to hide the much-worse secret that she'd used a Dr. Feelgood to accidentally kill a starlet, Diamond Cook, with whom Buck had cheated back in 1964. Just after Blake briefly dated her after he threw Alexis out of Colorado.

It all is dragged back up in the press, courtesy of Gordon Wales, after Sarah Curtis attempts to gas herself in those Carrington garages (the guest house behind which Diamond Cook died 23 years before).

Emily tearfully confesses all this to Blake at Adam & Dana's wedding reception atop the summit of Scorpio Peak, just before the avalanche sends the Sky Crest lodge cascading downward, killing Emily and most of her family; Amanda dies, too, and Caress disappears for two years.

"I just never learned to ski..."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Sorry, Snarky (no sarcasm). But hey, not everyone has liked all of my ideas; it's impossible to appeal to everyone. One of these days I would like to go over all your ideas and split them between the ones I like and would definitely use, and the other ones.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sorry, Snarky (no sarcasm). But hey, not everyone has liked all of my ideas; it's impossible to appeal to everyone. One of these days I would like to go over all your ideas and split them between the ones I like and would definitely use, and the other ones.

I'm inconsolable!!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm getting fuzzy in my old age: was there a Fallmont daughter (other than, maybe, Leslie)? A sister to Bart?

I always want that to be Emma Samms. She has amnesia, marries Jeff on THE COLBYS, and returns with him to Denver where he begins romancing PSM and Sammy Jo.

I like the idea of Ben and Emily giving their love-child daughter to Caress to raise in an English country hamlet, with Emily keeping Caress on a monthly stipend to do so. (Unaware that Caress stumbled down the steps of her cottage, dropping the baby to its death in the late winter of 1965, and then replaces it with her own infant -- one sired by Roger Grimes, that carnal cretin! -- delivered when Caress goes into labor as a result of the fall). The money from Emily continues, no one other than Caress (or possibly Caress' mother, Minx) aware that Emily's baby is dead and buried in a modest garden someplace, until Alexis -- long-banished from Blake's kingdom -- learns of the financial arrangement and forces Emily to cease payment to Caress lest Alexis reveal the existence of Emily's illegitimate baby. Emily caves, of course; thus, Caress is denied any further income, leaving the younger Morell sister to raise her own child, and mistreating the girl as she does so.

That adds considerably to the scandal of Ben & Emily's affair -- a plot that was always a bit too tepid, especially decades after it happened.

Add to that Emily's confession that she'd inadvertently killed Buck's mistress, Diamond, in the guest house behind the Carrington garages in the autumn of '64, and you have a real reason for Emily to be so nervous and dithery the whole time, the poor woman succumbing to the collapse of the Sky Crest lodge during the Scorpio Peak avalanche that ruins Adam & Dana's wedding reception. Only a snooping Alexis and that regal monster Ursula (who manages to be a Fallmont, and a Colby, and the Moldavian queen mother for a time) overhears inebriated Emily's criminal confession to Blake moments prior to the catastrophe.

I mean, do I have to write everything?!? And does @Willie Oleson have to get a screen credit and, hence, a residual I can ill afford??

But, Jesus, didn't Emily and Caress wreak a lot of destruction from the shadows!! And Roger was involved in nearly all of it!

Krystle: "But... but who else did you kill...??"
Emily: "I.... I can't remember...."

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake is so hypocritical, forcing Alexis to exile because she cheated on him but being so understanding with Emily who did the same thing to her husband...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Blake is so hypocritical, forcing Alexis to exile because she cheated on him but being so understanding with Emily who did the same thing to her husband...

Yes, but Alexis was a raging ho. Emily was "a nice woman" who had an affair when she was down and feeling bad about herself.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, but Alexis was a raging ho. Emily was "a nice woman" who had an affair when she was down and feeling bad about herself.

That is a good point. From what I recall, Alexis had SEVERAL paramours during her marriage to Blake. In Emily's case, that was her "one" out of Alexis' "one hundred and one." :lol:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That adds considerably to the scandal of Ben & Emily's affair -- a plot that was always a bit too tepid, especially decades after it happened.
Roger Grimes happened decades ago, but he was no stranger to us.
It can be very tricky to do an "historical" storyline for characters that are relatively new, it may have been the reason why so many fans refused to buy into Jason and Frankie's greatest love affair.
Alexis was new in season 2 but as Steven and Fallon's mother she had existed from the very beginning, that's very different from Ben or Frankie (not to mention a Fallmont).
Caress to raise in an English country hamlet, with Emily keeping Caress on a monthly stipend to do so. (Unaware that Caress stumbled down the steps of her cottage, dropping the baby to its death in the late winter of 1965, and then replaces it with her own infant -- one sired by Roger Grimes, that carnal cretin! -- delivered when Caress goes into labor as a result of the fall).
But that only works if Caress' daughter is in the series, otherwise it looks like a convoluted and grotesque event from the past and these things are prone to unintentional hilarity.
Like Roger Grimes (again) it has to be a mystery that unfolds in the here and now, tearful confessions and hateful accusations (spoiler: Alexis refuses to take the blame).

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It can be very tricky to do an "historical" storyline for characters that are relatively new,

But they were already doing that, weren't they?

And Blake's old affair with the doomed mistress -- really the mistress of Buck -- is the connecting point, potentially. Gossip swirled after she died that Blake had offed her, gossip that was renewed in Season 7 when Sarah Curtis attempted to gas herself in those garages.

These things are interwoven into the principals' narrative, which is what makes it relevant.

But that only works if Caress' daughter is in the series, otherwise it looks like a convoluted and grotesque event from the past and these things are prone to unintentional hilarity.

But Caress' daughter would be Leslie, sired by Roger. But Ben and Emilly think she's theirs.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That's why I agreed with you.

Sorry I didn't realize that. All that baby swapping and dropping makes it very complex.

Well, yeah, it's called a plotline. Ben and Emily give Caress' baby Leslie to raise as her own, in exchange for cash (which Alexis eventually puts a stop to) and then Caress switches to her own baby (the real Leslie, sired by Roger) after killing the first baby Leslie.

But if we preferred what they did with Caress and Ben and the Fallmonts, we can just do that.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, yeah, it's called a plotline
And for a plotline, we call The Pollocks hotline!
Ben and Emily give Caress' baby Leslie to raise as her own, in exchange for cash (which Alexis eventually puts a stop to) and then Caress switches to her own baby (the real Leslie, sired by Roger) after killing the first baby Leslie
Both babies were named Leslie? What a coincidence.