Favorite Daytime Soap Intros

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nonetheless, no matter what anyone thinks of her, one of the greatest and most important daytime characters ever.

You think...? I always felt you could switch her to any other desperate love searching woman. I find nothing interesting about her to be honest. Since I was a kid and first started watching, I found her dull. Downright boring to watch. I always found that it was the characters around her that made a story interesting (or not). And nowadays, the character is even more boring because the writers are too scared to make her do anything bad that they end up not making her do anything at all.

B&B has quite a large number of weak women and waffling men. Compare that to GH or DAYS. Not many B&B characters would survive Port Charles or Salem. They'd either be eaten alive or be overshadowed by more interesting characters. A few lucky would survive. Steffy, Thomas, Deacon, Sheila and Bill. Maybe also the new version of Hope, but certainly not the Hope she was before she broke up with Liam.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You think...? I always felt you could switch her to any other desperate love searching woman. I find nothing interesting about her to be honest. Since I was a kid and first started watching, I found her dull. Downright boring to watch. I always found that it was the characters around her that made a story interesting (or not). And nowadays, the character is even more boring because the writers are too scared to make her do anything bad that they end up not making her do anything at all.
You make valid points but I guess I just never got the impression she was boring or dull, at least not for me anyway. I always felt vested in the character, regardless of whether I agreed with her or not. Of course the characters around her also had a big hand in making her more interesting. I won’t deny that, but as far as the reasons I watched years ago, Brooke was always at the very top of that list for me.

I totally agree with what you say about the current show. The Brooke character is no longer compelling to me, but then again I feel that way about the entire show now. Nothing they do grabs me and holds my attention at this point but that’s just my opinion.