John Callahan, dead at 66

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
AMC ALUM JOHN CALLAHAN DIES AT 66

March 28, 2020 3:56PM

Soap vet John Callahan, best known to daytime audiences as ALL MY CHILDREN’s Edmund Grey, passed away after suffering a massive stroke at his Palm Desert, CA home. On Friday, March 27, paramedics responded to a call and rushed the actor to Eisenhower Mesical Center in Rancho Mirage, CA, where he was put on life support. Daughter Kaya Callahan and ex-wife Eva La Rue (ex-Maria, AMC et al) were notified immediately and rushed to the hospital from Los Angeles. The actor’s death is not related to COVID-19. In a statement, La Rue said, “We are extremely saddened and distraught over the loss of John. He was my great friend, co-parent and amazing father to Kaya. The absence of his bigger than life, gregarious personality will leave a hole in our hearts forever. Words cannot express the shock and devastation we are feeling at this time. The Yankees just lost one of their greatest fans.” Our condolences are with Kaya and Eva and Callahan’s family.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/amc-alum-john-callahan-dies-at-66/

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jacqueline did it.

Or Sammy Jo.

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
John is best remembered by FALCON CREST followers as Eric Stavros the wild son of Peter Stavros. Eric was a gambler extraordinaire, lover to Melissa and later Vicki's husband. John's first appearance in the wine saga was during the 5th season, in February 1986 and he last appeared in the final episode of the 7th season, in May 1988.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
David Selby reacts to the news:

An old friend of mine and fellow actor, John Callahan, left this world a couple of days ago. John and I had not seen each other in decades. No reason… other than actors go on with their own lives and to wherever the next job takes them.

John was a very good actor. We very much enjoyed working together. We had a good time. Audiences appreciated his craft, but it was his big warm smile and heart that won them over. His smile and heart will always be with me.

Take care my friend.

David Selby

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why would they even mention the virus? That seems like overkill. That makes me even more suspicious. Why not just say he died of a massive stroke and leave it at that?