Jordan Lee: the biggest sourpuss in Dallas

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m rewatching 82-83 right now, and boy, Jordan is a crankly old sourpuss. Every time you see him, he has this sour look on his face and he’s complaining about something and he looks like he has indigestion or constipation. What an unpleasant character. I guess ”the cartel” is important enough that they have to deal with him regularly. But I wouldn’t want to.

I‘m planning to stop my rewatch after Pam’s crash, but I will skip ahead and watch the beginning of the final season just so I can see Jordan meet his fate.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m rewatching 82-83 right now, and boy, Jordan is a crankly old sourpuss. Every time you see him, he has this sour look on his face and he’s complaining about something and he looks like he has indigestion or constipation. What an unpleasant character. I guess ”the cartel” is important enough that they have to deal with him regularly. But I wouldn’t want to.

I‘m planning to stop my rewatch after Pam’s crash, but I will skip ahead and watch the beginning of the final season just so I can see Jordan meet his fate.
I agree, all the main ones in the cartel could barely crack a smile, apart from Marilee and hers was rarely genuine.

In paternity suit when he talks to Miss Ellie about his wife Sarah being pregnant and almost due, I'm shocked that he has it in him. Then later we find out he's messing around with Kristin which was another shocker. I know Kristin was power hungry, but Jordan?

He must have had hidden depths.

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it’s not easy having to play second fiddle to someone as dynamic as Andy Bradley all the time. People react differently to that that sort of situation, and for Jordan that meant being grumpy in public and wildly passionate in private with his wife and dozens of beautiful young women like Kristin. Ultimately, as many do, he turned to international intrigue and succumbed to a thrilling but deadly “get trapped in a phone booth by a would-be assassin” fetish - quite common in certain wealthy circles of the time.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it’s not easy having to play second fiddle to someone as dynamic as Andy Bradley
Well that's it, now Mr Bradley really was something else wasn't he?

I must confess I was somewhat confused by the mention of Jordan Lee and a phone booth (here and another thread) so I had to look it up.

I have absolutely no recollection of Jordan meeting his end that way, then I realised it was season 14 which I’ve only ever watched once, so I wouldn't remember.

Just saw a tiny clip on YouTube, poor Jordan, it looks straight out of a badass gangster film.

Can't believe I don't remember, but then Sue Ellen's farewell was farewell to Dallas for me.

Screenshot_20240107_035740_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231121_130407_Google.jpg

The Man himself, Andy Bradley chatting up Kristin.

We never saw Jordan Lee with Kristin. Maybe he took lessons from Clayton in how to try and seduce a Shepherd girl.

Screenshot_20240107_044917_Google.jpg

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was a fan of Jordan Lee during the show’s original run but admittedly I like him less every time I do a rewatch. Perhaps it’s the constant whining or the odd facial expressions as pointed out at the beginning of this thread; or maybe my therapist is right and I’m just resentful that somehow he got Kristin.

Either way, his fateful ending in season 14 was a very sad one and not one I would’ve expected for the character. But it was nice to see him get a high profile murder scene after all of his years on the show.

La Lucci did successfully go two for two overseas. Perhaps they should’ve had her return to Dallas right after April’s murder and go on a killing spree back home, taking out most of the cast while Bobby, Michelle and Jory try to stop her only to get fooled at every turn. Thus this sets up the inevitable cliffhanger of J.R. versus Erica Kane, prime time versus daytime. Winner take all in Conundrum.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
or maybe my therapist is right and I’m just resentful that somehow he got Kristin.
Oh DFF that's so funny! Please tell me your therapist resembles DR Elby.

Imagine that, someone who looks and acts like Simon the great.

I'm sure many were envious of Jordan having Kristin. With his slow voice, slow walk, everything about him slow, I can certainly see why.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Oh DFF that's so funny! Please tell me your therapist resembles DR Elby.

Imagine that, someone who looks and acts like Simon the great.

I'm sure many were envious of Jordan having Kristin. With his slow voice, slow walk, everything about him slow, I can certainly see why.

Kristin possibly had a penchant for older men.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Clearly she liked it slow. :)

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I love Susan Lucci and Barbara Eden but not their storylines which were dumb. Regarding Jordan Lee, realisticly I would imagine Jordan and the Cartel would never deal with JR ever again after he screwed them over like he did. They did business with him only because he was Jock's son.

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kristin possibly had a penchant for older men.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Clearly she liked it slow. :)
there’s a candlelight dinner scene with Kristin and Jordan at the Ewing Condo where they move to the couch to “continue the conversation”. Later, Kristin plays a recording of a conversation with what I’d assumed was Jordan to Alan Beam. This is during the period when she’d turned on JR and was working with Alan to bring him down.

Alan asks who that was on the tape, and Kristin replies… Andy Bradley!

(she must have been using Jordan to get the the dynamic one!)

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah especially Peter Richards, the hussy!

He liked older women. :)

View attachment 50267
if they’d kept Sue Ellen’s clothes and general styling in the “elegant and sexy” range of every other season and gone easy on the “I’m a little boy” cutoff shirts and such for young Peter, maybe the sexual attraction aspect of the storyline would have come across..

I mean, I’m pretty sure the audience would have understood that there was an unconventional age difference without being bashed over the head with a sledgehammer!

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
if they’d kept Sue Ellen’s clothes and general styling in the “elegant and sexy” range of every other season and gone easy on the “I’m a little boy” cutoff shirts and such for young Peter, maybe the sexual attraction aspect of the storyline would have come across..

I mean, I’m pretty sure the audience would have understood that there was an unconventional age difference without being bashed over the head with a sledgehammer!
I agree, what an awful wardrobe they gave her. She had a hairstylist who didn't have a clue what to do with her hair and terrible ageing make up.
She was always in flat shoes.

Linda certainly never looked that bad at that time.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well that's it, now Mr Bradley really was something else wasn't he?

I must confess I was somewhat confused by the mention of Jordan Lee and a phone booth (here and another thread) so I had to look it up.

I have absolutely no recollection of Jordan meeting his end that way, then I realised it was season 14 which I’ve only ever watched once, so I wouldn't remember.

Just saw a tiny clip on YouTube, poor Jordan, it looks straight out of a badass gangster film.

Can't believe I don't remember, but then Sue Ellen's farewell was farewell to Dallas for me.

View attachment 50240View attachment 50241

The Man himself, Andy Bradley chatting up Kristin.

We never saw Jordan Lee with Kristin. Maybe he took lessons from Clayton in how to try and seduce a Shepherd girl.

View attachment 50242
Eh, "poor" Jordan got what he deserved for his involvement in what led to April's death. As Cliff once said, "You live with vipers, you become one."

Last edited:

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Eh, "poor" Jordan got what he deserved for his involvement in what led to April's death. As Cliff once said, "You live with vipers, you become one."
I remember Cliff's famous quote like I saw it yesterday but not Jordan Lee's involvement with April's death.

Those last 2 seasons are a blur in my memory which I've only seen once when they originally aired.

The clip on YouTube literally only shows Jordan stepping into that phone booth so at that moment it does appear he's poor Jordan as I've forgotten the backstory.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Jordan Lee was probably a plot device, mostly, to show how the Ewings were perceived by others in the Oil business.
As such, Don Starr did well in portraying the character.
His fate in the final season seemed contrived, at least to me.
I suppose it was suppose to represent how making such a poor business decision with
unreliable (to say the least) associates could have no good outcome.
When Bobby said "Are you that stupid!", it showed how badly Jordan miscalculated,
surprising since he usually seemed level -headed about business, with the exception of
trusting JR with the Asian wells deal - clearly not the best decision