Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
johnmmil10 said:
Check out 32596 Pacific Coast Highway. I’m on the go and can’t post anymore right now.

good call!

Sure is!!! I remember this morning looking there. On google maps, it just 9 houses or so outside of the map's pseudo-3D imaging. And the back yard has changed. But I should've picked it up. Thanks for posting this!

upload_2019-12-6_21-56-1.png

(due to today's hosting issue, gonna keep this backed up more than I have)
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Next up on my interest list. Mark's house s09e27t3023 where Pam intends to marry Mark. Gonna do some searching...no clues yet.

upload_2019-12-8_21-8-34.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
It's 365 S Hudson Ave, Los Angeles

Thanks GD. Another recent location post was found on IMDb. I remember a while back IMDb as being sketchy on locations. Guess I was missing it, or it's been substantially improved. I appreciate your post very much. Interesting that when I just saw the house in the s9 episode and wondered about location, I thought of the area below Hancock Park.

Google maps pic just pulled. Looks the same after what...35 years?

Marks house.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Pam’s apartment from Digger’s Daughter has been my latest mission. It probably ridiculous the amount of time I have spent on this. Here are some pictures of the former Willow Creek apartments at Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. The complex is famous for its bad wiring, wooden shingles, and multiple fires. Pictures are scarce, but that explains why the pictures I am sharing are of it burning!

67324466_2963420913730011_5761870413390938112_o.jpg
67617269_2963420940396675_2197736075328225280_o.jpg
02C6BA7A-98D0-472A-B110-0E5DFF2EB572.png

It was a massive complex. I found this layout in a report about the cause of the fires and the issues with the shingles.
Capture.PNG
The complex was demolished in 2007.
9F6BC957-AF51-4C6C-B679-F45C7A0FB216.png

Let's go back to Pam's apartment. It is really the third one above that caught my interest.
76847C6D-E795-4994-896F-C975A7935BA9.jpeg

There are strong similarities between the building shown behind Pam and the one shown behind the firetruck: the windows with six panes seem to hang out further than the ground level, the slimmer windows with two panes to the left side of the chimney, the combination of shingles, stucco and brick. I wish we could see the planters that the trees are planted in better, but the firetruck and smoke seem to clock the views.
629ACEE9-44D9-49D1-AC39-55D4D9B7E998.jpeg

F1F3E9F2-33AF-43E8-B357-2999BC78FC8D.jpeg
It even looks like the curbs in the parking lot are laid out similarly in the picture above and in the picture with the firetruck.

What do you think? Do you think this could be Willow Creek could have been where they filmed Pam's apartment?
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
Thank you for finding Mark's house. I'm throwing in my own bias here, but look at the two houses.

upload_2019-12-8_21-8-34-png.19114


Very nice house! And I'm sure the person who owns it drives a nice manhood extension exotic car.

But the house doesn't invite you in. There is a sense of being closed off. You can almost imagine a servant's entrance around back.

Now look at Southfork
Dallas-Southfork-Ranch_Image-Courtesy-Nemeth-Dezso-CC-BY-SA-3.0_Wikimedia.jpg


Look at the open balcony off the master bedroom. The dormer windows, and the copula over the garage.

You can more easily imagine visiting friends or relatives at this house.

Southfork is just more inviting.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Pam’s apartment from Digger’s Daughter has been my latest mission. It probably ridiculous the amount of time I have spent on this. Here are some pictures of the former Willow Creek apartments at Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. The complex is famous for its bad wiring, wooden shingles, and multiple fires. Pictures are scarce, but that explains why the pictures I am sharing are of it burning!

View attachment 19125
View attachment 19126
View attachment 19124

It was a massive complex. I found this layout in a report about the cause of the fires and the issues with the shingles.
View attachment 19136
The complex was demolished in 2007.
View attachment 19123

Let's go back to Pam's apartment. It is really the third one above that caught my interest.
View attachment 19134

There are strong similarities between the building shown behind Pam and the one shown behind the firetruck: the windows with six panes seem to hang out further than the ground level, the slimmer windows with two panes to the left side of the chimney, the combination of shingles, stucco and brick. I wish we could see the planters that the trees are planted in better, but the firetruck and smoke seem to clock the views.
View attachment 19133

View attachment 19135
It even looks like the curbs in the parking lot are laid out similarly in the picture above and in the picture with the firetruck.

What do you think? Do you think this could be Willow Creek could have been where they filmed Pam's apartment?

if this is indeed the complex, you may have just made the winner of all winner posts!

As @Lastkidpicked to be Santa's Helper can tell you, it’s never a good idea to use shingles like that. Not only does it cheapen the house or building, it’s a fire hazard!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Pam’s apartment from Digger’s Daughter has been my latest mission. It probably ridiculous the amount of time I have spent on this. Here are some pictures of the former Willow Creek apartments at Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. The complex is famous for its bad wiring, wooden shingles, and multiple fires. Pictures are scarce, but that explains why the pictures I am sharing are of it burning!

You're a winner, jm10! Studying details, # stories, windows, raised first floor, balconies, cement...outcroppings for lack of a better word, of course the drive and parking island etc, looks like it! And closer study substantiates it...two windows to the right to the building inset...all in relation to the parking lot island, and the balcony under the the left first floor window. You are too much, my friend! Congrats!

So now I'm trying to picture Pam's drive up, that stone wall & trees, into the complex, in relation to roads and parking. Looks like an island to her left. Also, wondering if the coloring of the curb by the stone wall makes that stone wall part of the complex.

(pic courtesy of Bill B pg 27)
pdvd_001-jpg.18032


OK...so how much time do you figure you spent on this?
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
You're a winner, jm10! Studying details, # stories, windows, raised first floor, balconies, cement...outcroppings for lack of a better word, of course the drive and parking island etc, looks like it! And closer study substantiates it...two windows to the right to the building inset...all in relation to the parking lot island, and the balcony under the the left first floor window. You are too much, my friend! Congrats!

So now I'm trying to picture Pam's drive up, that stone wall & trees, into the complex, in relation to roads and parking. Looks like an island to her left. Also, wondering if the coloring of the curb by the stone wall makes that stone wall part of the complex.

(pic courtesy of Bill B pg 27)
pdvd_001-jpg.18032


OK...so how much time do you figure you spent on this?

yep, when I was looking at this scene before I noticed that what looked like a road just morphed into the parking lot when Pam got near the building without any demarcation, which would indicate she was already in the complex at the beginning of the scene. Looking on Google maps, the area in the plan @johnmmil10 posted above is quite large. With the main complex razed and more development having taken place there over the years it doesn't look much like what we see above, but there are trees on the perimeter of the area now and the wet wintery conditions of the pilot give things a different look and feel. Everything else matches up quite well, even the texture on the outside of the building (would you call that 'shingle-like'? we see a sliver with the same pattern in the smoky pics above with the building on fire) as we see Pam walk up to as Cliff sits outside her door. An amazing find!

y1Zqpno.png
YMdraMo.png
slcPZpZ.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
OK...in my humble opinion, taking into consideration where the all and trees likely are and the road and approach to the apt.

1 - slightly curved road with wall and trees.
2 - as she rounds the curve, you can see on film the trees & wall behind, and what looks to be an island to Pam's left as Pam is entering, but that part of the road goes up to the side of the building to her left.
3 - she passes one entrance to another parking area on her right.
4 - about where she pulls into her parking spot
5 - apt

upload_2019-12-10_17-9-10.png
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Pam’s apartment from Digger’s Daughter has been my latest mission. It probably ridiculous the amount of time I have spent on this. Here are some pictures of the former Willow Creek apartments at Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. The complex is famous for its bad wiring, wooden shingles, and multiple fires. Pictures are scarce, but that explains why the pictures I am sharing are of it burning!

View attachment 19125
View attachment 19126
View attachment 19124

It was a massive complex. I found this layout in a report about the cause of the fires and the issues with the shingles.
View attachment 19136
The complex was demolished in 2007.
View attachment 19123

Let's go back to Pam's apartment. It is really the third one above that caught my interest.
View attachment 19134

There are strong similarities between the building shown behind Pam and the one shown behind the firetruck: the windows with six panes seem to hang out further than the ground level, the slimmer windows with two panes to the left side of the chimney, the combination of shingles, stucco and brick. I wish we could see the planters that the trees are planted in better, but the firetruck and smoke seem to clock the views.
View attachment 19133

View attachment 19135
It even looks like the curbs in the parking lot are laid out similarly in the picture above and in the picture with the firetruck.

What do you think? Do you think this could be Willow Creek could have been where they filmed Pam's apartment?
WOW!!!!....Yes,this is the location!....John is the man!...I have been searching in vain for this for months!...Now I see why I could not find it,it's been demolished!...Hats off to John,THANKS!
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
You're a winner, jm10! Studying details, # stories, windows, raised first floor, balconies, cement...outcroppings for lack of a better word, of course the drive and parking island etc, looks like it! And closer study substantiates it...two windows to the right to the building inset...all in relation to the parking lot island, and the balcony under the the left first floor window. You are too much, my friend! Congrats!

So now I'm trying to picture Pam's drive up, that stone wall & trees, into the complex, in relation to roads and parking. Looks like an island to her left. Also, wondering if the coloring of the curb by the stone wall makes that stone wall part of the complex.....I see now that the stone wall off in the background was actually a bridge as there was once a small man made lake on this property.Looks like that lake has since been filled in!


(pic courtesy of Bill B pg 27)
pdvd_001-jpg.18032


OK...so how much time do you figure you spent on this?
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Pam’s apartment from Digger’s Daughter has been my latest mission. It probably ridiculous the amount of time I have spent on this. Here are some pictures of the former Willow Creek apartments at Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. The complex is famous for its bad wiring, wooden shingles, and multiple fires. Pictures are scarce, but that explains why the pictures I am sharing are of it burning!

View attachment 19125
View attachment 19126
View attachment 19124

It was a massive complex. I found this layout in a report about the cause of the fires and the issues with the shingles.
View attachment 19136
The complex was demolished in 2007.
View attachment 19123

Let's go back to Pam's apartment. It is really the third one above that caught my interest.
View attachment 19134

There are strong similarities between the building shown behind Pam and the one shown behind the firetruck: the windows with six panes seem to hang out further than the ground level, the slimmer windows with two panes to the left side of the chimney, the combination of shingles, stucco and brick. I wish we could see the planters that the trees are planted in better, but the firetruck and smoke seem to clock the views.
View attachment 19133

View attachment 19135
It even looks like the curbs in the parking lot are laid out similarly in the picture above and in the picture with the firetruck.

What do you think? Do you think this could be Willow Creek could have been where they filmed Pam's apartment?
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
67217184_10215821059133712_5792360880146481152_o.jpg PDVD_000.JPG PDVD_001.JPG PDVD_003.JPG Anyone recognize the wooden sign in the picture here with the Fire dept. vehicle? [it's on the left in front of the vehicle] It's seen [or one just like it!] in the "Diggers Daughter" episode scenes at the Willow Creek apartments.This photo was snapped on March 21 ,1983 at the apartments as they were on fire! Positive proof that John has found the right location!....View attachment 19163
 
Last edited:
Top